looking for an disc-pvp advice.

Hello my fellow people

I know, that this will be a yet another discipline pvp question, and I am well aware of the thread about how to play, but I do not believe I will get ans answer there.

So, let's start:
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=Stealthedorc
    this is my priest in it's disc-pvp spec and gear.
    First off:
    1) I have major mana issues, I can run dry in even the first minutes (few seconds) of a duel, not talking about 2v2 matches (though I do understand, that this is not the regen set, because of no spirit on it);
    2) I feel that I am very squishy, I do have 1055 resilience, but still I feel I could use more damage reduction;

The questions:
    1) How do I manage my mana/regen (spell wise and gear wise), keeping at least the same amount of resilience to be not that squishy;
    2) If it's possible to connect it to the first part - what should i improve in my gear, keeping in mind that I do not have access to 1800 rating for the weapons, to not be such an easy target for a, let's say, 2v2 team of rogues.
    3) Any other comments?

I play more 5v5 and battlegrounds, in BG's the problem isn't such an issue, since you get ganked, but in 2v2, duels and sometimes in 5v5's it's a major problem.

Thanks in advance.

Re: looking for an disc-pvp advice.

Allot of things you can improve on.

Swap the wrathful ring for ICC rep ring, with hit & haste obv.
    Get spirit Furious / rele. Crit is useless for disc tbh.
    get ONLY haste off set.
    gem 120 Spell pen. until you get off hand & wand spell pen from arena pnts + 1800 rating. Then re-gem Spell Power - haste

make sure you have 120++ hit & 120++ Spell pen (Forgot exact numbers but its around 120 for both)

Drop spell warding from holy tree
    Drop silent resolve talent in disc tree,

go for 54/17 as Priest mage & priest rogue 2v2.
    60/11 or 57/14 for 3v3 RMP etc.

Check out arenajunkies.com - rankings - 2v2 - priest - click on the priests armory and check out stats, talents, gemming, enchants , etc

rather get solace then (Sliver of pure ice)

Priest in arena should be very agressive with mana burns & damage - dispells. (altho try to mana conserve)
    Try to get a rogue mage or feral for 2's if your disc.
    Or Shadowpriest - mage is VERY powefull now as shadow ofc.

And try to mana conserve as much as possible. dont dispell things that dont need to be dispelled. dont use Prayer of mending often. ( maybe in start etc - since it costs allot and does shit healing if your both spread out - since it cant bounce between).

Watch live streams on ArenaJunkies & Hydramist.net watch how they play. how they mana conserve. how agressive. positions etc

Just read allot of arena junkies etc ;P
    ofc bind everything.

(soz for a long and chaotic post... its late in EU ;P)

Thanks for the advices,

but if I will gem for spell penetration and haste, I will lose a lot of spell power, so the question now, baring in mind the recent pvp healing nerf - how much of healing capability will I be able to deliver? At this moment I feel I could perform/heal better and i feel i need even more spell power, my heals do not seem to crit, they are not powerful - e.g. around 3k pennance tick.

As I said, I feel squishy, if I switch out the ring, I will lose 50 resilience, which will make me even more an easy target.

About the trinkets - solace is a good choice, but try to expect a drop of it and then to get a good roll, sounds not that easy, huh?

One more question - maybe I should get 2pc bonuses from both sets? Since it gives +100 resilience.

Stick with the healing version of the Ashen Verdict ring [the mp5 trumps hit imo], make sure you're going for pure spellpower in red sockets, spellpower/haste in yellows, and spellpower/stam in blues. Gemming resil is a bad idea as you will get plenty of it from gear and socket bonuses. I personally found +225 armor and/or Spell Penetration a better enchant for the cloak than lightweave but it's a personal preference. Enchant the chest with +10 stats as you'll benefit from int, stam, and spirit that way. Also try and slowly phase your gear out into the mooncloth set and if that's too much, go for 2p of both so you get the +100 resil bonus.

The poster above me was spot on about spec and tactics, I like to spec into reflective shield however because it helps with some mitigation against rogues/warriors/ferals.

Crit is RNG based and it's a less than desirable in arenas.

Also as far as spell-pen goes, I have a +23 spell pen gem in my belt and one spellpower/spellpen gem in a blue socket, outside of that, I don't use it and really, once you dispell the resistances, is not a *huge* deal, especially early on. Once you get to 2k+, then you should try to hit 140 because your other gear will provide enough spellpower and other stats [as a missed fear can be game-breaking].

Quote Originally Posted by netbeast

One more question - maybe I should get 2pc bonuses from both sets? Since it gives +100 resilience.
    Personally I find more frequent shields to be far superior to a bit more resilience.

Anyway, your gems, spec, etc, is just a tiny bit. Don't focus too much on it. 99% is how you play, i.e. practice practice practice.

If you look at all the top priests, you'll find that they use a LOT of different specs and gearing strategies. Each of them will probably say that theirs is better than the others ... But truth is that you should just go for whatever you feel comfortable with and matches your setup/playstyle.

Of course there are some trends:

1) Mooncloth main set. Crit is ok, but spirit is overall regarded as being better. Almost all top disc priests got 4p mooncloth.

2) Haste offset pieces. That's what most people are using these days. If you play a setup that relies a lot on your mana, getting the mp5 pieces might be good. Some people even get spirit ones. Personally i find mp5 cloak/weapon, haste otherwise as a good balance.

3) 110+ hit rating, 100+ spell penetration.

There's also a lot of different specs...

Drop spell warding from holy tree
    Drop silent resolve talent in disc tree,
    Strongly disagree on that. It's all personal preference, both a very good candiates for talent points. If you play a setup where you're getting nuked by magic damage, -10% spell damage on you is ace. Silent Resolve is also very awesome in my opinion... Enemy shamans, priests and mages will need 30% extra time to get rid of your buffs. Time where they're not doing any damage, healing, cc'ing, or draining your mana.

Blessed Recovery: It's shit. It no longer is a dispellable magic buff, so it can't be used for protecting your buffs. Silent resolve do a better job with that.

Renewed Hope and Grace: Personally I'd never put more than 1 point in each.

Reflective Shield: Highly situational. I find it mostly useful for duels and battlegrounds.

Inspiration: 10% less damage on whatever I'm healing? Yes please.
    Demog - Level 80 Orc Warrior @ Twisting Nether-EU
    Demoq - Level 80 Blood Elf Priest @ Twisting Nether-EU
    Demok - Level 80 Undead Rogue @ Twisting Nether-EU
    Demot - Level 80 Troll Mage @ Twisting Nether-EU
    Gnommez - Level 80 Gnome Death Knight @ Terokkar-EU