Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Avenged Sevenfold

Yes I took it from the air, what do you think about A7X (Avenged Sevenfold)?

From my side, one of the best bands at the very moment. They started when they were between the age of 15 and 18 - and made awesome music.
    I'm not a fan of "american teenager wannabe metal music screamo \m/ yo"-music, but A7X took my heart.
    I was watching Iron Maiden live two years ago, and then A7X warmed up for Maiden, wow, what an awesome band.

What do you think about a7x? I've never really seen any a7x fans, but hey, if you don't like that kind of music.. give it a shot. Even the teenager girls in my class listen to it. Lol. :-[

A few good hits;
    A7X - Afterlife
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIRNdveLnJI

A7X - Critical Acclaim (live LBC):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDtrYMCCMX8

A7X - Bat Country:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9UdiLRxu5k

A7X - Unholy Confessions (live LBC):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnXwUwiZ_wM

What do you think about them? What do you not like about them? And which soundtrack did you like the best?

Anyways, R.I.P. Jimmy Sullivan. :'(

Deleted

Re: Avenged Sevenfold

You forgot Gunslinger :'(

I got a question for OP! What do you think about Mike Portnoy helping the band?

Quote Originally Posted by Skandalize
    You forgot Gunslinger :'(

I got a question for OP! What do you think about Mike Portnoy helping the band?
    Haha sorry. Gunslinger ftw, yes. How about Girl I Know, I Won't See You Tonight pt. 1?

Anyway, I think he'll do very well, he's an awesome drummer, but he is a bit overaged.. 42 years old, isn't he? :P (cba to wiki him) - he plays in Dream Theatre, enough said. :P

foREVer, will be the next album.. can't wait!!!

I think they're fucking awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptorg
    Ok.

Can you elaborate your statement?

Saw them in Gothenburg 2008 when they opened for Iron Maiden. Was not impressed at all

I quite like them, some of their better songs are:

A little peice of heaven
    Lost
    Dear God
    Unbound
    Trashed and Scattered
    MIA
    Beast and the Harlot
    Strength of the World

Great band for sure, my favorites would have to be Sidewinder, MIA, and Bat Country.

15+ Year Old Account

I feel like guitarist Brian Haner has an advantage - mostly because his dad played with guitar and musical god, Frank Zappa. The guitar playing is amazing on some of the earlier tracks. My one complaint is that I can't stand the vocalist

[center][color=red]If you want to study yourself -- look into the hearts of other people. If you want to study other people -- look into your own heart.
    -Friedrich von Schiller

Mage - Shaman - Rogue - DK - Druid
    [size=6pt]Currently an inactive player, but frequent and very active MMO-Champion forum lurker.

Because I have better taste in music?
    Didn't sound too intellectual but yeah you do have a better music taste. \m/

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Olesaue
    Haha sorry. Gunslinger ftw, yes. How about Girl I Know, I Won't See You Tonight pt. 1?

Anyway, I think he'll do very well, he's an awesome drummer, but he is a bit overaged.. 42 years old, isn't he? :P (cba to wiki him) - he plays in Dream Theatre, enough said. :P

foREVer, will be the next album.. can't wait!!!
    Im not really into their earlier stuff. But its good!

Ye, portnoy is around that age, but that doesn't hurt! Saw Dream Theater in Sweden recently, he could keep the crowd happy with drumsolos while the electricity was out!

Quote Originally Posted by Somertonz
    Great band for sure, my favorites would have to be Sidewinder, MIA, and Bat Country.
    I second that!!

God I love this band. Saw them at Sonisphere they're final show in the UK before Jimmy Sullivan passed away. R.I.P.
    Seize The Day
    Gunslinger
    I wont see you tonight Pt 1
    Beast and the Harlot
    Afterlife
    Critical Acclaim
    I could go on, are all awesome songs.
    Rumour has it that they maybe touring end of the year with Stone Sour and Disturbed in the US.

It's middle school rock imo.

15+ Year Old Account

Saw them opening for Maiden in Stockholm two years ago. I'd never really been into them, but they made a decent warmup, even got the front rows shouting a bit.
    That said, I'm still not really into them. They have a couple of good songs, but they just don't really click with my music taste.
    Mike Portnoy is old at 42? The guys in Maiden are all past 50, and they're not hurting a lot from their age (except for Bruce not reaching as high as he used to). I think Mike can keep on playing for a long time yet. I hope him helping A7X won't interfere with DT, though.
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

Not a fan. Probably because people classify them as 'heavy metal' which is far from it IMO. More like Screamo or some other lame genre you would lump 30 Seconds to Mars, Bullet for my Valentine, Atreyu, and such in.

Those bands I could live w/o

They're the best band ever! I got all of their CD's!! They might come to Iceland! And about the foREVer cd, that was just a fan made name for it, the name has yet to be revealed.

Thanks for this awesome signature tazsar!

A7X - Blinded In Chains
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPpLVdbVXFI

My favourite track.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerikaya View Post
    There's more bosses after Saurfang?

Quote Originally Posted by Nudi View Post
    I got 99 problems, but a totem ain't one.
    Word.