Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Paladin -- Nerf the threat capacity of HoR and SoC?

But prot paladin being overpowered is something you cannot argue against.
    You are just being ignorant.
    No, your QQ is ignorant. I tank with both Warrior and Pally and find that while they play differently, they are very close in power. 99% of the time when someone whines about one class being OP, what they are really doing is comparing a single ability of each class instead of looking at them as a whole.

For those who comment on warrior's superior single target dps. Seriously? who the hell cares as long as the tank stays ahead of the dps when it comes to tps, 10k tps, 12k tps, 20k tps all mean the same thing when the dps can't reach the tank's tps.
    Absolutely true! But the same holds true for AoE threat. Yeah, Warriors are the bottom of the heap for tank AoE threat, but as long as they can hold it off of the dps, which any competent warrior can do, then it really doesn't matter.

Tanking with paladin is facerolling, overpowered and whatever else you want to call it.
    What crap. I can easily hold threat on my Warrior with a whopping three buttons and watching for a SS proc isn't exactly taxing. Both classes have easy basic threat rotations and both classes have a grip of extra abilities they can use to help the raid.

Personally, I'm glad they're reducing AoE threat. I think that threat, both single target and AoE, is too easy for all the tanks. However, I'm skeptical that they'll nerf it enough - if Blizz is worried about a tank shortage then they are unlikely to do things that make tanking overly challenging.

Yeah, paladin is the only class that can maintain a good threat generation on multiple targets without doing alot of work. A Dk is going to have to keep down D&D, keep diseases up, and throw down some blood boils when he has the free runes, warrior is going to have to tab target unless hes in an infinite rage situation where he can cleave spam with the occasional tclap/shockwave, Druid has to swipe spam and/or target mobs for maul/lacerate/mangle to increase tps to a decent level.

Quote Originally Posted by Castel
    No, your QQ is ignorant. I tank with both Warrior and Pally and find that while they play differently, they are very close in power. 99% of the time when someone whines about one class being OP, what they are really doing is comparing a single ability of each class instead of looking at them as a whole.

Absolutely true! But the same holds true for AoE threat. Yeah, Warriors are the bottom of the heap for tank AoE threat, but as long as they can hold it off of the dps, which any competent warrior can do, then it really doesn't matter.
    What crap. I can easily hold threat on my Warrior with a whopping three buttons and watching for a SS proc isn't exactly taxing. Both classes have easy basic threat rotations and both classes have a grip of extra abilities they can use to help the raid.

Personally, I'm glad they're reducing AoE threat. I think that threat, both single target and AoE, is too easy for all the tanks. However, I'm skeptical that they'll nerf it enough - if Blizz is worried about a tank shortage then they are unlikely to do things that make tanking overly challenging.

This is what is uncommonly known as straw man fallacy.
    You commented on my post in which I say "Do I think paladin needs a nerf? Personally I don't care. I don't want to play it, I'm not even loggin in on it anymore", also "It is for this reason, I've reverted to playing my warrior, because it's so damn easy and I find the class extremely boring." I don't know in what galaxy you come from, but where I'm from, that doesn't look like a QQ to me.

In what part of my post am i QQing about myself unable to tank aoe? In what part of my post have I said warrior tanking is difficult. I haven't, in fact I have said "I'm a decent prot warrior, I try and I don't have too much problem holding aggro on aoe pulls." Again, look up "straw man fallacy".

I commented on the comparison of two abilities of paladin and warrior in the 2nd post where I was replying to a troll. The post you were quoting had absolutely no comparison of any abilities. Again, "straw man fallacy".
    I've tanked with warrior for 4 years, I've tanked with paladin for less than 3 weeks.

Paladin tanking is undoubtedly, mind-numbingly easy.
    Tanking with any class isn't so difficult, the game itself isn't so difficult. I'm not QQing anywhere. I'm merely pointing out the fact, that I could hold aggro on any mob with so much ease on a paladin compared to my warrior that I felt I was cheating.

So do I think paladin needs a nerf?
    I'll say it again, in fact I'll quote myself "Do I think paladin needs a nerf? Personally I don't care. I don't want to play it, I'm not even loggin in on it anymore."

10+ Year Old Account

Only one thing confuses me...The majority of people seem to be up in arms over Prot paladin AoE threat. Okay, that's fair, since AoE threat makes or breaks...trash. I'm not sure why Blizzard staff, or anyone else is QQing over paladin AoE threat. They're designed for it, and it excels...on pulls that don't matter. The general consensus seems to be that trash and Heroics are both faceroll for just about everyone now, yet those are the only places where AoE threat matters at all. Just for a couple examples, paladin snap threat from Consecration really isn't worth a crap when holding adds from the portal on the Gunship battle. I'm lucky if I can hold one add from all the burst DPS in the raid, to be honest. And on Saurfang, it actually hurts paladins significantly, since we can't use any AoE abilities at all, except Holy Shield.

I honestly don't see what the big deal is about high AoE threat. Who cares of the pally holds trash off of the warrior? It's just that: trash. Only thing that truly matters at the end is how well you can hold Festergut from turning around and one-shotting a melee DPS so hard his grandkids get headaches.

Also, Talen...Nerfing paladin threat across the board really isn't the best idea. You seem to be of the idea that increasing the cooldown on a spell is extremely complicated, but you advocate overhauling the ENTIRE Prot pally threat system.

If Blizzard feels it absolutely necessary to nerf paladin AoE threat, I suspect the best way to accomplish this would be to simply reduce all splash damage from HotR, which would include the proc from Seal of Command. Keeping the initial target's damage the same wouldn't affect boss threat, it wouldn't change anything about Consecration or Seal of Command, which would leave Ret pallies completely untouched, and would reduce (by, say, 50-60%) the strongest AoE ability Prot paladins own. But really, I still don't see why trash suddenly matters.
    85 paladin Prot/Holy, 85 warlock Destro/Affliction, 85 priest Holy/Disc, 85 druid Feral/Resto, 85 shaman Resto/Enhancement, 85 rogue Combat/Combat, 85 mage Fire/Arcane, 85 death knight Blood/Frost, 85 warrior Prot/Arms, 85 hunter Surv/BM.

My name is Citaxis, and I'm an altoholic. My first step is admitting I have a problem. I even have the addon.