Page 1 of 2
LastLast

My holy overhealing

I have a Question about over healing on my Holy Paladin. I have just respec to holy last month and i started healing heroics. last night i did 10 man Jaraxxaus for the raid weekly and my HPS was high 4k+ at one point (sorry no log) but my over healing was through the roof. two healers were me and another holy pally(other pally was gemed for SP and had a FOL build) we downed the boss and everyone but one mage lived so i should be happy with that right? well i want my holy pally to raid ICC some day and i want my healing to be more effective, i want to improve my effective healing to where its a little more on par with other healers (such as the other pally with half as much overhealing as me)

as for my set up i have been going with all int gems and geaing for as much haste as possible with the gear i have untill soft cap (which i know im not at yet) so my Question is... is over healing the nature of the holy pally beast or do i just need to focus on picking the right heal for the job to lower my OH done?

I do understand that my job is to keep people alive and manage mana and CD etc and i think i did that very well last night but i cant help but thiink that twice as much over healing compared to actual healing is bad

thanks all

here is my profile

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...on&cn=Arcadias

Re: My holy overhealing

afair, beacon now uses overhealing, so there's totally nothing wrong with it.

If your targets dont die, anyway, you're good enough.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

Overhealing is a part of paladin healing. Since we are pretty much spamming our biggest heal the whole fight. we have a ton of it. That is normal. FOL specc'ed paladins can not keep up with HL paladins once you are start getting into harder content. The only changes I can see with your armory is change the gems out in your chest for all int gems and put a nightmare tear in your helm. That will activate your meta and give you some more mana. You need to pick up the heroism badge libram, it is still the best one for us.
    --Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do- (B. Franklin)--

Just to re-iterate what the others have said:
    Intellect stacking and spamming HL is the way to go, and this will inevitably result in a LOT of overhealing.
    Overhealing on a paladin is not a bad thing at all, and if anyone tells you differently, they need to L2P.
    As Tatsu said, definitely pick up the Heroism Libram, it's BiS until you have enough mana to spam holy light forever without it.
    Bringing the "hardcoar" to casual since 2009.

Agreed with the above posters.. i wouldnt bother looking at your overhealing stats and anyone who trys to use them to say your a bad holy pally doesnt have a clue..

You will prob over heal less in ICC for the simple reason yours guys are taking more damage so less is wasted.

If your managing your mana right then dont worry
    We dont stop playing because we grow old,
    We grow old because we stop playing

Paladins always overheal A LOT. Period. Be happy if you are below 55% overhealing in a fight. As long as you keep people alive and you don't run out of mana your overhealing doesn't matter though. It's just silly numbers.

As a Holy Pally you have infinite mana so don't worry about any over healing. Over healing is only for classes that are strong AoE healers (That and for TBC and Classic healers). Single target healing is to intense now to watch over healing because if the healer lets up for even one second it could mean death for the tanks. If you did not OOM and the tanks are alive at the end of the fight then you, as the tank healer, have done your job properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulbender
    afair, beacon now uses overhealing, so there's totally nothing wrong with it.

If nobody your targets dont dies, anyway, you're good enough.
    however, healing as a paladin really takes a good "off healer" as i call them; meaning a healer that doesnt freak out and HEALS THE GROUP WITH MOST PEOPLE UNDER 40%, so many people that ive healed with on my Hpal are just healing my target 1 sec later after ive healed it with 18k+, what they should do/heal is the targets that you are not healing.

anyways, as a paladin for ICC failpugs all you need is : a slow caster weapon (hit isnt really wasted but is still a terrible stat), melee range of the boss around 70% of the time and the ability to be able to rely on the other healer for up to 5 secs to keep everybody alive so you can melee the boss for retarded amounts of mana. then just beacon the tank, move with holy shocks on CD and SPAM that HL button. overhealing only matters when you dont have enough mana to heal through 120% of the boss or someone dies while you are at around 5% mana or more; it shouldnt happen, no excuse.

but overall holy paladins are quite fun and bring the big crits that are needed in ICC.

why did you correct my sentence when you clearly dont know what you're talking about? ^^

Throwing raid wide HL spam... yeah, right. Listen to your healing assignment and care about your targets, rather. Nobody will be happy you saved the above hunter ass instead of keeping your assigned tank / healer / group up
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

Wow such a great response.. I will pick up the heroism Libram tonight and regem my chest and helm. thanks for the advice guys/girls. i will put it to good use!

God dammit.

“Nobody dies” is not “good enough”. Nobody would die if I wore my Ret 4P to a raid, but that doesn’t mean what I’m doing is good. My healing would be lowered and we’d be forced to bring an extra healer or have someone help cover my assignments. Do it right, not whatever way works. A raid full of people doing just enough to get the boss down is what cockblocks guilds during progression. It’s why the good guilds kill new bosses in a night and average guilds take a week.

Strive to be the best. Always look for ways to improve. Even if the boss is dead at your feet, the very first thing you should be thinking is, “What could I have done better?”

@OP – Most of the advice given in this thread is very solid. Overhealing matters to many healers, but not to us. In fact, if anything, you should wear your overhealing as a badge of honor. That we can keep up with other healers on the regular healing meters while so severely topping the overhealing meters just goes to show how pro we are. Sure me and the Priest both did 6k HPS. But I also did 10k HPS in overhealing. How cool is that?
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Overhealing is perfectly normal, As said the beacon does alot of that healing, do you run OOM fast? Cause that might mean your spamming abit to much, and also do you use JoL? it's does a hell lot of healing, mainly for the good If not I would recommend using it' if you do not have a Retri pala in the raid
    Obviously Blizzard needs to hire more Pirates to counter the growing Ninja threat.

I do use JoL and i was wondering if it was ONE on the reasons my Over healing was high. @Firecrest thanks for the post and to comment on what you said, this post was made to help me improve. I have been a tank for a while and im just getting into the holy pally thing and im driving to be the damn best i can be. im not satisfied with being just OK, that's like being the smartest kid on the short bus imo.... thanks again guys i really to appreciate the help

Quote Originally Posted by darksreaphim
    As a Holy Pally you have infinite mana so don't worry about any over healing.
    Not really true, but well done on the hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by darksreaphim
    As a Holy Pally you have infinite mana so don't worry about any over healing. Over healing is only for classes that are strong AoE healers (That and for TBC and Classic healers). Single target healing is to intense now to watch over healing because if the healer lets up for even one second it could mean death for the tanks. If you did not OOM and the tanks are alive at the end of the fight then you, as the tank healer, have done your job properly.
    Should look at Eldoerung's Myths about Holy Paladins more, Never Ooming is a myth >.>
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Quote Originally Posted by FiveDkp
    Should look at Eldoerung's Myths about Holy Paladins more, Never Ooming is a myth >.>
    Who what?
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

I had around 80% overheal on our LK attempts tonight.

And our tanks still managed to die alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Verde
    I had around 80% overheal on our LK attempts tonight.

And our tanks still managed to die alot.
    Soul reaper + boss in him ends up in a dead tank

Overhealing was a stat to value one's healing by the mana efficiency.

As mana is no limiting factor anymore, overhealing means just as much as runepower gained to healers...

Well as im not geared for ICC I wont know how i will perform. But I have completed some of the advice from peeps on this thread. i have regemed and picked up a few new pieces.

I did a full clear of toc 10, we pretty much one shot everything except anub (1 wipe) I came in as top HPS at 4k and was second highest over healing done. Im really loving the holy healing now

thanks again guys.

updated armory........

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...on&cn=Arcadias

on a side note im useing a blue caster trinket for the haste but i did pick up "Ephemeral Snowflake" . I know haste is pretty big for us but would the 11 mana per HL cast be worth it over the 74 haste rating from the "Pendulum of Telluric Currents"? (sorry unsure how to link items)