Battered Hilt VS Abracadaver VS Mag'Hari Cheiftan

Well im in a toss up

I have the battered Hilt 1h mace (forgot the name) and a SHITTY offhand (you dont wanna know) but I also have the Mag'hari Chieftan staff, and I got Abracadaver last night. Im using Abracadaver because the "USE" is kinda cool, however i lose alot of spirit compared to the Chieftian staff.

Im 5600 gs and just confused as to whats better (both staffs have the exact same amount of haste) Please just give suggestions and opinions, I will be testing them myself tonight however I want some others opinions
    "If you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly." - W.W.

Re: Battered Hilt VS Abracadaver VS Mag'Hari Cheiftan

Do you need the hit from Abracadaver to be at cap? If so, use it. If not, use Maghari Chieftain, as the spirit adds a nice chunk of SP. I don't know how the stats of the BH quest weapon would stack up, but if your OH is horrible you can always farm daily in H HoR for Shriveled Heart - whose ilvl might be low but stats are optimally assigned - until you can find something better.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

yea i dont need the staff to be hit capped, I have set up a macro just to spawn the Abracadaver every 15 minutes... then the macro puts the chieftan staff back on lol. So i get the best of both worlds
    "If you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly." - W.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatts
    yea i dont need the staff to be hit capped, I have set up a macro just to spawn the Abracadaver every 15 minutes... then the macro puts the chieftan staff back on lol. So i get the best of both worlds
    Well, you get the cool effect, but not a dps gain. Abracadaver's use got no itemization budget, so the damage of the minion is laughable - and this was damage done against a lvl 78 mob, not against boss armor/avoidance.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

10+ Year Old Account

But the Cadaver is so cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by comasutra View Post
    yes, Blizzard hates Jesus Christ
    Quote Originally Posted by suspendedstasis View Post
    You need to leave the house to actually meet people, sorry.

Well bigslick i gotta say my Cadaver did WAY better, he was doing 580+ dps ON a boss fight, im sorry i dont have a screen. Maybe he stacks with player stats? similiar to shadowfiend?

Well bigslick i gotta say my Cadaver did WAY better, he was doing 580+ dps ON a boss fight, im sorry i dont have a screen. Maybe he stacks with player stats? similiar to shadowfiend?
    That SS I posted is over a month old, but is in line with the other observations I've read regarding minion output, and I haven't heard of them changing anything with the staff. A buff to 580 dps would be substantial enough to have warranted a chunk of the itemization budget. If it scales with player stats, mine wouldn't have lagged that far behind (I'm pretty decently geared).

Any chance you can get a recount/skada shot next time you pop him?

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

yea for sure ill remember to stick something up, so far quickly switching weapons, popping the cadaver, and switching back seems to be working, takes about 3-4 seconds

unless I'm mistaken, you gotta wait 30 seconds before popping the cadaver after switching weapons. And confirming what Bigslick said, the cadaver's dps is NOT included in the itemization budget and is in fact, laughable.

I bow down to you, that is very pro. I'm copying. Report me for copyrighting!

Here is a comparison of the three, with stat weights from shadowpriest.com(everyone's statweights are different). You should probably use rawr/simcraft to determine which one is better, either by finding the stat weights or whichever gives more dps on those programs.