Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Resto shamans? What do you love about your class

I love the versatility of my class. My favorite thing I can excel at raid healing which is something that makes me enjoy playing the class period but because I can change to a tank healer on a dime and do it effectively. Also the other specs offer versatility as well. Being the only resto shaman in my guild and the only consistent raider I am often asked between my main spec and offspec which is enhance often and I enjoy being able to do all of it really.

Now just give me a tanking spec and I am complete!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Amana
    Chain Heal is a gorgeous spell to watch. I just love seeing how it jumps and makes numbers everywhere (yes I know I am a bit retarded, planning on fixing brain).

On a more strategic and cartesian point of view, shaman heal is becoming a very, very versatile healer, which (that's my opinion) is fun to play:
    You don't have a as much spells as a holy priest (and I must say I really like playing my holy priest, but it's just not the same), but you have everything you need (i.e. yes, the priest Binding heal IS useful and saved my ass several times, but you can live without it): a good flash heal (ESPECIALLY if glyphed and used on the ES target), a now very good greater heal (and no need for the target to be at -50% health for full efficiency), an instant (as I use T9 2p, it's quiet gorgeous), the Earth Shield which was the reason I was top healer on Vezax (gotta love the glyph) and, of course, the Queen of Healing spells (yeah, healing spells are feminine, go figure why), Chain Heal, which is insanely powerful, hell even if you just hit one target it's not worthless. It has a quiet low cost, a long cast time (and I love long casts as a healer), and a very very VERY high efficiency. I think it really is the most useful healing spell in the whole game.

On the downside, shamans lack a very important spell in my point of view: an emergency "don't worry, this will save your life" spell as the priest and paladin both have. This was really problematic when running Sartharion 3D as we HAD to save the ass of a tank which was going to get one-shot whatever the avoidance was. And both Nature Swiftness and Tidal Force can't be used on a dead target, eh.

Anyway, my 2 cents: try it. Get in Archavon as healer, do some hero, go figure. Personally I really prefer going on 25 men as healer, that's where you really benefit from using Chain Heal.
    Exactly what i love about the class, the versatility and the look of chain heal.
    Also no love for the one thing we have been strugerling with since the start of the expantion, no cooldown.

Chain Heal is a gorgeous spell to watch.

You don't have a as much spells as a holy priest...
    I think Chain Heal makes the Restoration Shaman tbh.

I stopped healing with both my priest and druid AND stopped gearing for enhance after t9 on my shaman JUST to heal.
    An enhancement shaman is a fierce opponent, a primeval force of nature. He will assail you with the elements. His blades are like unto a fiery whirlwind. You will be electrocuted and burned. As he begets his lust for blood and summons two guardian spirits whose claws and fangs will gnash and tear your limbs from your body, your spirit will rise aloft from your unrecognizable remains, he will pause for a moment and pay his respects to your spirit by threateningly locking eyes with your soul.

we just have too many totems imo.......and their efficiency isent complete

Quote Originally Posted by weorep
    we just have too many totems imo.......and their efficiency isent complete
    Shouldnt be a problem, the totems.
    &If you're talking about mana efficiency.. you're doing it wrong.

But yeah, what I love about my resto shaman is well.. Chain Heal & Earth Shield.
    Earth Shield pretty much does 90% of the work for me in heroics with a Riptide/Chain Heal here and there
    That and we can raid heal and switch to tank healing mid-fight without too much problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    Those are raptors. Raptors are not fish.
    Get out of the water, raptor. You can not breathe there.

That totem system is broken and Hex needs a fix.

I just love the ease of healing.
    Earth Shield up
    Riptide up
    lesser healing waves if the dmg is single target
    chainheal if it's group (especialy melee around tank )
    Healing stream totem if u r in a real lazy mood.....
    And start dps with the 5 man group

Or just watch what happens in raids.... chain-spam-heal if it goes bad
    Earthshield + Riptide on MT... spam Chainheal on OT... and as Riptide is about to expire use CH on MT....
    Usualy enough to heal MT + OT on trashfights or simple bosses (non ICC )

And indeed... i just love to see the beam jump from target to target (chain lightning pwetty twoooo )

Corner healing = epic
    Tank on mobs
    group behind corner
    Chainheal on tank... group still gets healed (trash before Marrowgar ..... )

I rolled a female Draenai and go to bed happy dreaming of a sexy Draenai ass, sexy chain heals and big Phat chain heal crits. The sound of Riptide also reminds me of a girl I once took home :-)) :
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

I dunno why I love shamans. When I started to play this game I messed around with alot of chars and never rly enjoyed one more then the other. When I started my shaman and got him to 70(at the start of TBC) I've only been playing on him since. I've always been resto and I still love it. Dunno what it is tbh but it's a rly fun class to play.

Deleted

im only lvl 60 but i love that all i need to do in dungeons is earth shield + healing stream totem and then go afk

Jesus Beams.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    GoD isn't so great for unholy
    Quote Originally Posted by HoX
    i dont understamd ???

1) I like Riptide,Riptide procs
    2) I like NS+CH
    3) I like 1sec cast HWs
    4) I like ES
    5) I like WoA
    6) I like to stack haste
    7) I like T10 bonuses...

Quote Originally Posted by Tombstone
    Jesus Beams.
    You called?

Chain Heal is a gorgeous spell to watch. I just love seeing how it jumps and makes numbers everywhere (yes I know I am a bit retarded, planning on fixing brain).