Thread: Talent spec

Talent spec

Hey,

I tried getting this information out of the stickies, but I didn't succeed.

What spec supplies me with more personal DPS? Affliction, or destruction?

Are there any stats weight out which are fairly precise?

Re: Talent spec

Provided you know how to play affliction decently well, it should provide you higher personal DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

I see, so I should go for affliction no matter how good my gear is.

One more question; how many mobs does a pack need to have before it's better to AoE rain of fire than DoTing them all up?

if your affliction then you should use seed of corruption when there is 4+ mobs

Quote Originally Posted by greywaffles
    if your affliction then you should use seed of corruption when there is 4+ mobs
    Should be using it for Demo and Destro, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Cool, any up to date stat weights for affliction?

Thanks.

15+ Year Old Account

Make your own?
    http://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft/

Stat weights are based on BIS gear at various tiers, most of which are very well itemized. Since random gear is not well itemized, any scale factors you find will not be applicable to you.

For example, some scale factors put Haste at 2.2 for Affliction, but my personal number is 1.85. That's a significant enough difference.

R.I.P. YARG

Usually affliction is good if there is many mobs you can dot. However destruction is beastly for single target.

The sooner something is going to die, the less beneficial affliction will be.
    So on trash it does suffer, so for burst then destro or demo will prob come out better, but for longer fights then affliction will likely fair better on the more mobile ones, just suffering from the long ramp up if there is a substantial time period where you cannot maintain the rotation or even perform any casts on it.
    On Patchwerk tanknspank fights then there is not a huge difference between them with currently I understand affliction on top, but with the upcoming immolate tick crits, then I understood that could change things around.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashelyb
    Usually affliction is good if there is many mobs you can dot. However destruction is beastly for single target.
    Affliction beats destruction even on single target fights. Affli is always better unless you have a very specific role in the encounter (like Saurfang hm).