Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Catapriest ability

my own wishlist :

holy :

- lightwell (revamp) : creates a well of holy light that gives to group and raid members within 20yards the "touched by the light" effect. this effect reduces priest direct heals mana costs on affected targets by 10% and increase critical spell chances by 3% if health is lower than 50%.

if a target with the "touched by the light" effect receives a critical heal, the priest will receive the "blazing light" effect, reducing by 0.5s his next holy light spell cast time with a 5% mana cost reduction (ie 15% total mana cost reduction if cast on a target with "touched by the light").

- Wave of mending (new spell) : sends forward a wave of holy energy , up to 5 group or raid targets in a cone in front of the priest -smart heal?- are healed by xxx (moderate amount) and benefit of yy% healing effects increase for 8s.

(meant to be an opener on group heals... or synergize with coh... whatever)

Discipline :

- Soul link (instant cast no gcd) : creates a link between the priest and his target for 10s and increase priest healing effects on his target by 2-10%. the more wounded his target is, the more powerfull the increase in healing.

if the target is under the effect of a "pain suppression" spell, the priest gains an additionnal 10% healing increase on the target.
    only one "soul link" effect can be active on a target at a time.

- Spiritual renewal (1.5s cast, FoL like spell, 30% base mana): heals the target by xxx. (lower than flash heal) if target is under the effect of a "power word:shield", he is healed by yyy over 15s. (moderate hot)

if target's "power word:shield" breaks while spiritual renewal is still active, an explosion of holy light occurs and target and friendly targets within 5yards are healed by xxx (same amount as before).

(meant to be cast wisely and at the right moment to be potent)

Shadow

- Shadow Word: Chill : A word of darkness that causes xxx frost damage
    (sw and sw:chill can't be active on same target at the same time, limiting op qqing)

- Mind Freeze (shares cd/gcd with mb): an equivalent of mb with frost damage but without the ms effect but rather a very short stun/freeze effect like 0.1s (interrupt?) and slow effect.

(always thought shadow priest was meant to be sort of a lich, plus it would help being less vulnerable to shadow school locking)

Improved ShadowWeaving:
    2 min Cd

instandly applies 5 stacks of ShadowWeaving and your next 3 (or more) shadowspells do 30% (or less ) more damage.

a DPS CD which would help to reduce our ramp up time.

I guess it would be pretty cool if Prayer of Mending left a HoT =x

Predicting damage - the right way.

SW (reworked) : increase Cooldown to 20s, only usable if the Enemy is under 35%. Deals a large amount of damage to the target (backslash dmg removed)

Shadowfiend: CD baseline 3min

Veiled Shadows 1/1 (reworked): While Shadowfiend is out you deal 20% more shadowdmg

imp Veiled Shadows 2/2: Increase the duration from your Shadowfiend by 2.5/5 s and reduce the cooldown by 30/60s but reduce its manaregen by 25/50%

Mindblast (reworked) (counts now as frost school but deals frost/shadowdmg)
    - Cooldown removed
    - Cast-Time increased to 3.5sec

imp Mind Flay: Each time you deal dmg with Mind Flay, it reduces the Casttime from Mind blast by 0.5s. Stacks up to 3 times. Lasts 5s (The effekt is not consumed by casting Mind Blast)

Quote Originally Posted by Minia
    I guess it would be pretty cool if Prayer of Mending left a HoT =x
    As Holy with the Mastery, it will.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

AoE dot spread like pestilience and doted backslash from SW (with probably a boost for it's dmg via shadow talents or make it like haunt for dots again via shadow talents).

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    As Holy with the Mastery, it will.
    I haven't seen anything like this. You can link anything Blizzard related that confirms it?

Quote Originally Posted by iLive
    I haven't seen anything like this. You can link anything Blizzard related that confirms it?
    Read the news on the main section of the website, a few pages back. They specifically give Holy and Discipline as examples, with the Mastery bonuses being +Healing, Meditation and Radiance for Holy (Which gives your direct heals a heal over time component) and Discipline has the same but with Absorption instead, which further increases the amount that their shields from PW:S and Divine Aegis absorb.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet
    SW (reworked) : increase Cooldown to 20s, only usable if the Enemy is under 35%. Deals a large amount of damage to the target (backslash dmg removed)

Shadowfiend: CD baseline 3min

Veiled Shadows 1/1 (reworked): While Shadowfiend is out you deal 20% more shadowdmg

imp Veiled Shadows 2/2: Increase the duration from your Shadowfiend by 2.5/5 s and reduce the cooldown by 30/60s but reduce its manaregen by 25/50%

Mindblast (reworked) (counts now as frost school but deals frost/shadowdmg)
    - Cooldown removed
    - Cast-Time increased to 3.5sec

imp Mind Flay: Each time you deal dmg with Mind Flay, it reduces the Casttime from Mind blast by 0.5s. Stacks up to 3 times. Lasts 5s (The effekt is not consumed by casting Mind Blast)
    Really like these ideas. especialy the mindblast / mindflay ideas, but i think haste needs to be considered. if you have enough haste, you could wind up getting 3 mindblasts off in that five seconds.

in adition to that it should do somthing like arcane mages have.
    empowered mind flay 3/3
    each time your mindflay deals damage you have 33/66/100 pct chance to gain shadow focus; reducing the cast time of mind blast by 0.16 seconds. stacks up to 9 times
    or
    each time you cast mind flay you gain shadow focus; reducing cast time of mind blast by 1 second (making it an instant cast after 3 mind flays)

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Read the news on the main section of the website, a few pages back. They specifically give Holy and Discipline as examples, with the Mastery bonuses being +Healing, Meditation and Radiance for Holy (Which gives your direct heals a heal over time component) and Discipline has the same but with Absorption instead, which further increases the amount that their shields from PW:S and Divine Aegis absorb.
    I don't think ProM would count as a direct heal. Gheal, FHeal counts. Empowered Renew technically counts, but I don't think we'll get a hot on our hot. Binding Heal isn't a direct heal. PoH isn't a direct heal. ProM isn't a direct heal. CoH isn't a direct heal.

The devil is in the details.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Danner
    I don't think ProM would count as a direct heal. Gheal, FHeal counts. Empowered Renew technically counts, but I don't think we'll get a hot on our hot. Binding Heal isn't a direct heal. PoH isn't a direct heal. ProM isn't a direct heal. CoH isn't a direct heal.

The devil is in the details.
    I assumed it would work on the same spells that proc Divine Aegis, and I am not sure why Binding Heal wouldn't be a direct heal, considering it is basically just a flash heal that hits you too, but Prayer of Mending may not count, you're right. Supppose we will have to wait and see.

Veiled Shadows: Reduces the cooldown of your Shadowfiend by 2-4 minutes, and increases the duration by 3-6 seconds.

Since we don't get Meditation and won't have any mana regen while casting as Shadow, the Shadowfiend could end up becoming our main method of getting mana back along with Dispersion. It would also make it a more dependable DPS cooldown.

I really like the idee of having a barrier for the disc-priest!
    that would give him some sort of aoe-heal(absorb).

For the shadow i would prefer a real dps cooldown.
    my idea is:

Shadowmeld3min cooldown)
    let all your dot's and mindflay crit for the next 10secs.

(don't know if that name ist allready used because i don't play with the english client)

DISCIPLINE

Resonance 0/3

Discipline Talent
    Requires 25 points in Discipline talents
    Requires 2 points in Reflective Shield

While protected by Power Word: Shield, every melee hit against you has 2%/4%/6% chance to push back attacker by 10yards. This effect cannot occur more often than every 10 seconds.

Mental Symmetry Rank 1

Discipline Talent
    Requires 50 points in Discipline talents

30%of base mana 40yd range
    1.5sec cast
    Creates mental symmetry between caster and his target, swapping their positions and removing their threat. This spell can be cast on hostile and friendly targets.

HOLY

Katharsis Rank1
    Requires 5 points in Holy talents

7% of base mana 30 seconds cooldown
    Instant 40yd range
    Removes one bleed effect from friendly target.

Glyph of Katharsis Your Katharsis now can be casted on hostile target to remove one enrage effect from it.

Holy Word: Life
    Requires 25 points in Holy talents
    Requires 1 point in Spirit of Redemption

3 second cast 40yard range

Brings a dead player back to life with 4200 life and 0 mana. This spell can only be cast while caster is under the effect of Spirit of Redemption.

SHADOW

Impending Nightmare

Requires 45 points in Shadow talents.
    15% of base mana 30yards range
    1.5sec cast

Torments target with a vision of horrid Nightmare, causing 1100 damage over 18 seconds. If Impending Nightmare is dispeled, it affects dispeller with its climax, causing him to run away in fear for 12 seconds.

Oh, a talent that allows you to cast Mind Sear on friendly targets! Useful for finding sneaky stealthers, and we could target it on the tank in groups

I like em just the way they are. really just the way they are.

I like the ideas some people have had for Shadow. Me being a long-time shadow priest myself, I, too, have fantasized over what I would do if I could rework the Shadow Priest. Like many others, I have also taken cues from Ghostcrawler's post saying that at one point that thought of giving Shadow Priest's some Frost abilities to protect them from spell school lockouts. Also, I have always liked Shadow/Frost based spellcasters. When I played Age of Conan for a while when it first came out, I rolled a Necromancer. Incidentally, I really enjoyed the Necromancer class. It's a DoT-heavy caster that has both Shadow and Frost nukes, dots and AoE's. It's two different trees focused on Frost and Shadow separately. I forgot what the last final "talent" of the shadow tree was, but the frost tree had a Lich form. I liked that idea.

Anyway, moving on. Thinking about it, it is somewhat hard to think up some Frost-based abilities while still keeping in line with Shadow lore. Here's some of my ideas, though, regardless of lore.

Devouring Cold - Plagues? What are we, Affliction Warlocks? Death Knights? We don't need plagues. Devouring Plague renamed to "Devouring Cold." Devouring Cold deals a bit more damage than Devouring Plague currently does to take into account that it does not benefit from Shadow Weaving.. The instant damage portion will now have a high critical strike chance through talents. Devouring Cold will work similar to a reverse Chains of Ice. Once cast, the DoT gradually slows the target's movement, attack and casting speed until they are momentarily frozen on the last tick of damage.

Shadow Word: Death - Slightly Reworked. Taking cues from both Lava Burst and Conflagrate, this spell now has a 100% critical strike chance on targets afflicted with Shadow Word: Pain. However, Shadow Word: Pain is consumed upon casting. This can be prevented either through talents or a glyph.

Mind Blast - Damage is GREATLY increased. For it to be our only current "nuke" on a cooldown, it needs to do more damage. Think Chaos Bolt. It has a relatively quick cast time as well, AND it deals great damage. Maybe we can increase it's base cast time to 2 seconds, up from 1.5 seconds, if people complain about it being too much damage for a 1.5 second cast. ALSO rework it's damage to be somewhat similar to Frostfire Bolt in that it has dual magic schools. Mind Blast now deals Shadow Damage by default. However, if Devouring Cold is currently on the target, Mind Blast deals Frost damage instead. Since Devouring Cold is an instant cast, offers PvP utility with its chill-like effect, and will be separate from the Shadow Weaving damage bonus, it can, and often will, be applied to a target first, meaning in PvP combat, unless Devouring Cold gets dispelled, Mind Blast would always be castable regardless of being locked out of the shadow school of magic or not.

Mind Flay - Reworked. Though still a channeled damage dealing attack, it now applies a 2-second slowing debuff to the target for each tick of damage, stacking three times, totaling to 6 seconds total. Without haste, this leaves a lingering 3-second slow effect on the target after Mind Flay is finished channeling.

Dark Smite - 3 second cast time, reducible to 2.5 seconds through talents. This is essentially the fabled "nuke" we are getting. Deals comparable damage to Dark Smite. Through Talents, Dark Smite would have the chance to trigger the "Empowered Mind Flay" effect, which doubles your Mind Flay's number of ticks, but keeping the channeled time the same, so you're essentially casting two Mind Flays in the time it takes to cast one Mind Flay.

Talent Modifications - All current talents that increase Shadow Damage dealt by the Priest now also increase the Shadow and Frost damage dealt by the Shadow Priest.

Spell Priority:
    Start up in PvE would largely be the same. Vampiric Touch, Mind Blast, then Mind Flay for five stacks of Shadow Weaving. Then cast Shadow Word: Pain. Devouring Cold can be cast before or after the start-up rotation since it is unaffected by Shadow Weaving, nor does it cause a stack of Shadow Weaving. From there, in order of highest to lowest priority:
    - Vampiric Touch
    - Mind Blast
    - Devouring Cold
    - Empowered Mind Flay (proc from Shadow Blast)
    - Shadow Word: Death whenever possible.
    - Dark Smite nuke spam for filler in between cooldowns and procs.

With a few spell changes and a new spell, I've combined the Arcane Mage, Affliction Warlock and Destruction Warlock play styles into the new Shadow Priest play style. I think it would be fun. The Devouring Plague change to frost damage with a reverse Chains of Ice effect, the lingering slow from casting Mind Flay and the lock out protection on Mind Blast adds a bit of utility for PvP as well. Similar to how Shadow Bolt isn't cast often in Affliction Warlock PvP, Mind Flay will likely remain the main damage dealer in Shadow Priest PvP due to Dark Smite's long cast time.

I'm not even going to try and get into the revised Shadow talent tree this would require though.

EDITS: Changed "Shadow Blast" to "Dark Smite" - A more lore-fitting name. Maybe "Shadow Smite?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

swap Guardian spirit for spirit of redemption

spirit of redemption now comes to help you for 20-30 sec casting the same healing spells you cast on your target when expired the spirit merges into the priest givenig the priest 10% spell power for 10-20 sec

maybe slightly overpowered but i kinda like it

Holy Word - faith

placed on a friendly target increases the amount of healing done by x amount while on the friendly target lasts 1 min you can not cast shield (but other priests can)

Vampiric spawn

Summon vampiric bats who shall attack the target enemy, increasing their vulnerability to shadow damage and doing X shadow damage over Y seconds. If the bats are killed, the priest goes into a vampiric rage which increases crit chance and size by 15%.

x)

Since I've only played disc, and pretty much just play in battlegrounds, I would like to see disc priest be given a little more umph on the damage side of things. As it stands now, the disc priests I've come across hit about as hard as my lock's voidwalker.

Once again, from a PVP stand point, the suggestions you have for shadow, all in all, imho are way overpowering. Shadow would benefit more (pvp) if they were allowed to heal themselves without having to leave shadow form.

10+ Year Old Account

Brave vesperia........
    Go look it up on youtube