Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

To all ehancements doing 10k+

I have seen numerous enhancement shamans pulling 10k+

I can not for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong,

will you PLEASE link either armory, or leave name and realm so I can see what you have that i dont ?

any help would be appreciated, and thank you.

Re: To all ehancements doing 10k+

I am currently in the process of getting ready to switch moreso to haste with 3.3.3 however i still break 10k on most fights as is:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...heroc&cn=Kerag
    <S E V E N> - Detheroc US

You're better off linking your own armory and asking for advise rather than seeing what others do. I myself gear for haste and gem haste or haste/ap with around 850ish haste rating unbuffed.

Do you have full raids buffs are you double potting how good is your connection and computer fps. How is your UI, how do you know your magma cd timer lightning shield ss debuff flame shock debuff mael stacks. Do you pop your fire ele when your ap is near is highest point are you popping wolfs when you enter combat. Is your gear enchanted correctly do you have to many mana talents. Are you full stacking ap or haste.

Its not a simple thing some info on your side would help

link in sig, I should be in PvE gear

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...emaul&cn=Terga

I got shit luck with weapons.. No BB, no Keleseth yet..
    I do around 9 - 10k on bosses like Saurfang / Fester.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...7Thun&cn=Kenjy

Around 10k on static bossfights, and still waitting to get a trinket...

EDIT: Crap, forgot to swap gear after pvping... can check my gear at wowheroes...

link is in my sig. most mele friendly fights ill pull 10k, movement fights are lower however

I am normally between 8-10.5k or so on fights

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...+52&cn=Metotka
    Metotka of <Phobia> (Area 52-US)
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Area+52&cn=Metotka

Enhancement for life!

/wave

Quote Originally Posted by sicness
    You're better off linking your own armory and asking for advise rather than seeing what others do.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ermoon&cn=Avey
    this seems it's the op's armory...

I think ALL people here are going to /facepalm when they will look at the gems on that helmet. RED is a good meta but... come on... a nightmare tear in a yellow socket
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...in&cn=Yukimaru

I do about 9700 on Fester/deathbringer sometimes just touching 10K if I get lucky on procs (which is what we are all about).
    "For if men needed speech in order to learn to think, they had a still greater need for knowing how to think in order to discover the art of speaking"

depends on the fights, and if i'm being used as utility.

but when i get to go balls out, i pull just at 10k. my armory is in my sig.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Fizzcrank&n=Detramental

@ those who said "post your armory" - "here is our priority"........ at what point in my post did I ask for that? I know my priority, I know how to play my class. 3 weeks ago i was doing 9.0-9.2k in my 25man icc, now im lucky to hit 7. I am looking for a GLARING imperfection either in some or setup that my tiny little brain may have farted away. Thanks, but no thanks at the same time. I don't need this stuff, period.

@ those who posted their armories, thank you kindly, I do believe between the posts here, elitist jerks, and my own EnhSim + Rawr endeavors I've got it sorted. =D you don't know how helpful you were by just simply posting your armory so I could see how silly I was before

Quote Originally Posted by Avey
    I have seen numerous enhancement shamans pulling 10k+

I can not for the life of me figure out what I am doing wrong,

will you PLEASE link either armory, or leave name and realm so I can see what you have that i dont ?

any help would be appreciated, and thank you.

Now by "seen numerous enhancement shaman pulling 10k+" do you mean half the people that spout it on the forums, or from Log reports?

Most enhance shaman claiming 10k are not telling the truth, or trying to link damage from 1 pack of trash where they hit 10-12k, which I have done : ) BUT on most boss fights those same people really only hit in the 5-8k range if the stars align, and they ignore things such as adds, bone spikes, or helping the raid at all "earthbind totems" moving out of fire, kiting a slime, killing slimes.....

If your in the 5-8k dps range your doing just fine, for those very very few 10k+ shaman, they are in BiS or very very close to it.

Ok last night after getting WFS and swapping out call of victory, pulling 4 gems for expertise gems... I did a ToC 25 valks fight and pulled 11.1k 10.8k and on the kill, yeah it was a pug 10.1k DPS. Only had the buff once, felt pretty good, but still its skewed fight. So I would guess again that normal DPS is going to fall in that 5-8k dps range.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneleg

Now by "seen numerous enhancement shaman pulling 10k+" do you mean half the people that spout it on the forums, or from Log reports?

Most enhance shaman claiming 10k are not telling the truth, or trying to link damage from 1 pack of trash where they hit 10-12k, which I have done : ) BUT on most boss fights those same people really only hit in the 5-8k range if the stars align, and they ignore things such as adds, bone spikes, or helping the raid at all "earthbind totems" moving out of fire, kiting a slime, killing slimes.....

If your in the 5-8k dps range your doing just fine, for those very very few 10k+ shaman, they are in BiS or very very close to it.
    "or helping the raid at all "earthbind totems" moving out of fire, kiting a slime, killing slimes....."

yikes.. what kind of guild are you in? kiting a slime, killing a slime? earthbind totem? WTF?!

and no.. I see enhance shammys pulling 9-10k dps on boss fights, so i have no idea why you're flaming all the other shammys that are trying to help this shammy that needs help.

Quote Originally Posted by koimagheul
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ermoon&cn=Avey
    this seems it's the op's armory...

I think ALL people here are going to /facepalm when they will look at the gems on that helmet. RED is a good meta but... come on... a nightmare tear in a yellow socket
    Its more like how do you really expect to compete against the absolute top end when there are many upgrades that you can get from badges/10 ICC.

Yes and No

The first time I broke 10k was on Toravon, I really wasn't close to BiS. A little CL into the frost orbs, drop your fire ele, high uptime on Bloodlust etc all helps a lot.

Any shaman with 245+ gear should be capable of 7-8k in ICC 25 on at least half the fights. You don't need the stars to align, you just need to know your priorities. Based off the OPs gear I would wager they are in the mid 9ks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

5-8k range if the stars align, and they ignore things such as adds, bone spikes, or helping the raid at all "earthbind totems" moving out of fire, kiting a slime, killing slimes.....
    I can't actually think of one fight where 5k is acceptable dps in ICC.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Avey
    @ those who said "post your armory" - "here is our priority"........ at what point in my post did I ask for that? I know my priority, I know how to play my class. 3 weeks ago i was doing 9.0-9.2k in my 25man icc, now im lucky to hit 7. I am looking for a GLARING imperfection either in some or setup that my tiny little brain may have farted away. Thanks, but no thanks at the same time. I don't need this stuff, period.

@ those who posted their armories, thank you kindly, I do believe between the posts here, elitist jerks, and my own EnhSim + Rawr endeavors I've got it sorted. =D you don't know how helpful you were by just simply posting your armory so I could see how silly I was before
    I can fully understand that you wanted to solve it yourself, and i fully applaud such behavior. people that just link their armory and say: "help me not suck" often could solve 90% of their problems by just reading stickies or elitist jerks.

however, often, input from other players can be really helpful in solving that last 10%, because some details are not easily noticed by just checking people's armory and adapting your gear to their setup. for instance, in the past few days, heavy theorycrafting has been done to adapt the base priority to 3.3.3. while this is not yet usable for current content, being up-to-date with latest changes can help a lot for the future. for such reasons, it is often best to link your armory, and ask for other people's armory as well, so you can combine self study and consultancy for best results.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumb
    OT: in ICC10, 5K DPS would actually be acceptable, at least on Kor'Gall EU. we often have pugs there where we struggle to get as much as 1 DPS at 5K. often, people struggle around 3.5-4K. luckily, i am not one of those people, but then again, i usually tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumb
    Putricide P1 and P2 perhaps? Depends on your strategy. You should be doing sufficient DPS in P3 to push beyond that as an average though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.