#3 :increase pet damage done

Destr:
    #1 :increase fire damage done
    #2 :increase hit %
    #3 :increase critical strike damage

So what do you think we will get ?

Deleted

Re: Warlock mastery system

Well they said the third bonus is going to be something alot more interesting and unique, I highly doubt they would cop out with extra dot damage or extra crit. (Hey though if they get lazy who knows).

Havn't really got an educated guess though myself, I guess for affliction they could have it to increase the effect of haste on dots? But still don't think thats all that interesting.

Re: Warlock mastery system ?

Affliction: Increase the duration of dots
    Demo: Increase the pet's damage
    destro: increases the chance to procc backlash & nether protection

>.<
    Watch my NEW SPRIEST/MAGE 2700 rated arena movie s8
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=164387
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Watch my first Priest/Mage 2500rated arena movie s7
    http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=137765
    - Lightdoom

well, looking at priest/dk bonuses i doubt they will just increase pet damage or something like that as mastery bonus as this will probably be secondary tree bonus

but it would be nice to get something like % of dot damage up front for aff,
    chance to generate soulshard on spellcast for demo
    and i'm bit puzzled bout destro but maybe they could do aff bonus inverted and add dot (lacerate like) for all destro spells

15+ Year Old Account

[ http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...ystems_018.jpg ]
    [ http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...ystems_017.jpg ]

These are #3 mastery bonuses, because beastmaster has the pet damage increase we wont get it?

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891
    [ http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...ystems_018.jpg ]
    [ http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...ystems_017.jpg ]

These are #3 mastery bonuses, because beastmaster has the pet damage increase we wont get it?
    Also, a few people asked for the visuals of the Masteries system released during Blizzcon. I'll post them again here but keep in mind that these pictures are already 6 months old and most of the information here is probably outdated.

15+ Year Old Account

Here’s how the system works: As you spend points in a given talent tree, you’ll receive three different passive bonuses specific to that tree. The first bonus will increase your damage, healing, or survivability, depending on the intended role of the tree. The second bonus will be related to a stat commonly found on gear desirable to you, such as Haste or Crit. The third bonus will be the most interesting, as it will provide an effect completely unique to that tree -- meaning there will be 30 different bonuses of this nature in the game. This third bonus is the one that will benefit from the Mastery rating found on high-level (level 80 to 85) gear.

Meaning no tree will have the same bonus, ofcourse they could have changed the beastmaster bonus to Demo but highy doubt that. :'( :'(

But what will Demo get then as unique pasive bonus ???

With any luck demo mastery number 3 will be:

Metamorphosis no longer has a duration, but costs mana to maintain per second.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowWeaver
    With any luck demo mastery number 3 will be:

Metamorphosis no longer has a duration, but costs mana to maintain per second.
    Or to keep it somewhere realistic.
    Demonology:
    Increases duration of metamorphosis, summoned and enslaved demons by x%
    (hoping that we can have pet+summoned/enslaved demon out at the same time in cata)
    Actually this sounds quite good :P
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

15+ Year Old Account

Demonology:
    The first damaging attack done to the Warlock will be transfered to the demon. The demonic pet can not get below 10% of its total health by this damage.

Destruction:
    Whenever you Conflagrate your target, a "Burning fever" effect will be applies, increasing fire damage taken by x% (depending on talent points in the tree).

Affliction:
    Your Drain Soul and Shadowbolt spells also increase your Damage over Time haste by x%

How about these?
    Dawwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    Demonology:
    The first damaging attack done to the Warlock will be transfered to the demon. The demonic pet can not get below 10% of its total health by this damage.

Destruction:
    Whenever you Conflagrate your target, a "Burning fever" effect will be applies, increasing fire damage taken by x% (depending on talent points in the tree).

Affliction:
    Your Drain Soul and Shadowbolt spells also increase your Damage over Time haste by x%

How about these?
    I will probably hard do define "first attack"?! Also it doesn't scale. I think all masteries are going to scale.
    Samin
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Here’s how the system works: As you spend points in a given talent tree, you’ll receive three different passive bonuses specific to that tree. The first bonus will increase your damage, healing, or survivability, depending on the intended role of the tree. The second bonus will be related to a stat commonly found on gear desirable to you, such as Haste or Crit. The third bonus will be the most interesting, as it will provide an effect completely unique to that tree -- meaning there will be 30 different bonuses of this nature in the game. This third bonus is the one that will benefit from the Mastery rating found on high-level (level 80 to 85) gear.

Meaning no tree will have the same bonus, ofcourse they could have changed the beastmaster bonus to Demo but highy doubt that. :'( :'(

But what will Demo get then as unique pasive bonus ???
    I think the idea is more that the third bonus will be completely unique within the class trees and that there is no way to get that kind of bonus other than Mastery. I would argue hunter pets and warlock pets are distinct enough that they can do sort of the same thing with the respective pet-centric tree without them feeling the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirual
    I think the idea is more that the third bonus will be completely unique within the class trees and that there is no way to get that kind of bonus other than Mastery. I would argue hunter pets and warlock pets are distinct enough that they can do sort of the same thing with the respective pet-centric tree without them feeling the same.
    But still, damage % will be the first (and for pet classes/specs this will be done via pet damage probably). Then some common stat for second mastery, probably crit and then something cool and 'unique' for third.
    Samin

15+ Year Old Account

The bonus is pasive so :

Is not an option, its more likely to see that as an talent instead.

15+ Year Old Account

Is not an option, its more likely to see that as an talent instead.
    I just thought about it while thinking about the Priests Mastery (Applying a HoT)
    Dawwwwwww

Well since you can have a + damage for pets, and a + damage for minions, then they are not technically the same effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Has anyone found any post's or notes about the warlock mastery system yet anywhere? Or just all speculation so far on the paths. ???

15+ Year Old Account

I'd love to see:
    Affliction +DoT haste
    Demo +Pet Amplification (ie reduce cooldowns on pet abilities, increase effectiveness of Demonic Knowledge)
    Destro +Crit Damage Bonus (325% crit damage on Chaos Bolt would make me happy)

But most of those would be very hard to explain in a single sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jhudas
    Has anyone found any post's or notes about the warlock mastery system yet anywhere? Or just all speculation so far on the paths. ???
    Speculation thread!

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted

What do you think we get for each tree?
    I have the following in mind:
    Affliction
    • Improves your damage-over-time spells by x%.
    • Improves your haste by x%.
    • "Eternal Affliction": Adds a DoT to your direct damage spells.

Demonology
    • Improves your spell damage by x%.
    • Improves your minion's spell and melee abilities by x%.
    • "Demonic Power": Improves the bonus of stones and armor.

Destruction
    • Improves your direct spells by x%.
    • Improves your crit by x%.
    • "Chaos Energy": Your direct spell crit causes next spell to be instant and can't occur after 4 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkEmperor
    I have the following in mind:
    Affliction
    • Improves your damage-over-time spells by x%.
    • Improves your haste by x%.
    • "Eternal Affliction": Adds a DoT to your direct damage spells.

Demonology
    • Improves your spell damage by x%.
    • Improves your minion's spell and melee abilities by x%.
    • "Demonic Power": Improves the bonus of stones and armor.

Destruction
    • Improves your direct spells by x%.
    • Improves your crit by x%.
    • Chaotic Mind: 15% chance on incinerate crit to proc instant Soul Fire costing no mana and no soul shard. Chaotic mind lasts for 15secs.
    Changes are in bold and that is my opinion.
    Geeky shirts/WoW Shirts/Message me to create your guild shirt
    http://stowellcreative.spreadshirt.com