Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[JC] How much will it cost me to level and is it worth it

Hi all

How much will it cost me to level it from 1-450 without mining. Also is it worth it?
    Main shaman: Shaman Alt Paladin: Paladin
    Alt lvl 73 mage: Mage Alt lvl 70 Death knight: Death Knight
    Random dungeon project: Druid Battleground project: Rogue
    Worgen project: Warlock Future alt: Hunter

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: [JWL] How much will it cost me to level and is it worth it

JWL?

JWL? Jewelworking?

Totaly worth it but the cost on leveling it can't be determined on a forum. It varies from server to server.

I paid around 4000-5000 gold to powerlevel my jewelcrafting from 1-450 on my paladin.

But by having JC I've earned so much more gold then I spent.

It payed around 3k g to lvl it up, and made it all back plus a bunch.

But it all comes down to "the long term", it wont pay of the first day or the first week.
    Thats it with all proffs
    Quote Originally Posted by Galvangar
    Anyone who disagrees is a moron.
    When i stop arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Change: scaring people since forever.

10+ Year Old Account

1-300 is the most expensive part, after you can buy green TBC and WotLK gems very cheap, and yes its worth it!

If you have no mats/friends who can give you mats/get mats, it can range from 3500 - 7000 gold... Obviously depending on the amount all of the stuff is going for.

i spend 3k having minning with an alt... depends on server... on mine a simply http://www.wowhead.com/?item=1529 or http://www.wowhead.com/?item=3864 can be sold easily up to 25g... and you will need tons of it to level... also ore is crazy price...

Probably around 7~10k golds dependes on server economy...

Worths it? worths the bonus or want to make money with it?

its imposibble to get that 10k of gold back soon with JC, ... you will need a lot of time doing dailys to get recipes and making cuts for 15g you have to cut 667 epic gems to have profit.

For the bonus? if you dont have any "Good bonus" proffession... is one of the best you can get.

Don't know how much it costs exactly.

If you don't have another profession and you want to do some raiding with a guild then yes it's worth it (I would not level a profession for 5k gold for doing heroics or some simple pug raids).
    If you already have another profession besides gathering professions (mining, herbalism and skinning wich are not that great for stats) then no it is not worth it. Replacing for example leatherworking for jewelcrafting is almost no upgrade for any character and it costs a lot of gold.

Think you can make good gold with jewelcrafting though if you want to put time into that. I rather do some quests or something. Now i just get gold selling primordial saronite.

Quote Originally Posted by rknDA1337
    JWL? Jewelworking?
    JeWeL guess he reads it like that... anyways... it is probably JC :P what other professions has JWL in it?

well, back to subject, I also was thinking of levelling JC (or JWL w/e) from 1-450 without mining, but then I decided to level a druid only for the mining lol... 1 month later and my JC is still at 50, and my druid is almost at 80 :P

but it all depends on your servers economy... on mine I calculated it would cost me around 7-10 k gold to get to 450 (reason why I am leveling a miner)

Deleted

I leveled JC when it was less popular as now for 3k. But I think you got to pay 6-8k gold now.

Re: [JC] How much will it cost me to level and is it worth it

cost me just under 10k 2 weeks ago, but i made around 3k back selling all the crap i made

Quote Originally Posted by billy big chin
    cost me just under 10k 2 weeks ago, but i made around 3k back selling all the crap i made
    How much of that 10k g have you made back atm? Still down 7k? Would like to know, because I want to either give herb/alchem or mining/JC to my DK.

Quote Originally Posted by Annaconda
    How much of that 10k g have you made back atm? Still down 7k? Would like to know, because I want to either give herb/alchem or mining/JC to my DK.
    To be honest, you should get something like JC/Alchemy rather than the gathering professions. I've done that in the past, match a gathering profession with a 'crafting' profession thinking it'll be worth it. To some it might be, but I find that time of farming for mats does not out weight either farming gold by other means and just buying the mats from AH.

My Paladins is a JC/Enchanter and even then it's very easy to make a ton of gold just from being a 450 JC (with a couple epic cuts). I bought my DK a Mecho Hog farmed sololy on the AH. Buying gems, cutting them and selling them for a profit. It took a bit of time, didn't make the 15k-ish gold in one day but took maybe a week or two of gradual AH farming.

I totally think leveling JC is worth it just don't waste your time with mining, unless you don't mind farming for mats all the time.

Also, the amount of gold it takes to powerlevel a profession like JC does depend on what server your on (as for AH prices) as well as how fast you want to powerlevel it. I took over a week to get from 1-450 in JC because I didn't want to spend 20g per Dark Jade to get up 10-20 profession levels. I just waited till there were other mats or cheaper mats if I drained all the cheap ones.

The faster you want level it, the more gold it'll cost (generally).

The reason I need a gathering profession with those two, is because I cant afford to powerlevel them. Just spended ton of gold on powerleveling ALchemy and thinking of just normal leveling jc and maybe another Alchemy on my two profession-less alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Annaconda
    The reason I need a gathering profession with those two, is because I cant afford to powerlevel them. Just spended ton of gold on powerleveling ALchemy and thinking of just normal leveling jc and maybe another Alchemy on my two profession-less alts.
    Either way, there are many other ways to make gold other than getting a farming profession. You would still have to level up that farming profession by going to old world areas and herbing or mining or whatever... This does take a long time as you have to use ground mounts for a lot of it.

It would be much more productive to 'farm' gold by other means.
    Such as:
    1) Daily's
    2) Level an alt
    3) AH farm
    4) Use other current professions
    5) Buy gold
    6) Sell your body

But seriously, I would advise against getting a gathering profession because you have to look long term not short term. Sure, you could spend a couple hours straight leveling herbing but after it's 450... it's not as profitable PER time you spend making that profit as lets say JC or Alchemy.

It takes like 5mins to make 200g on my JC... to farm that much herbs would take a LOT longer.

Hmm you make a good point.
    Think I will let my dreanei who is alchem and mining, drop his mining and level JC for it. But proberly will take me a couple of weeks since I spended al on powerleveling alchem on this char.

Yeah, for sure, it took me a couple weeks too to level my JC because I didn't want to spend that much gold. I had enough just was thought I could do it slowly and save myself some gold. It was also nicer to just do a little bit per day rather than fighting bordum doing it for a couple hours in one day.

Quote Originally Posted by dyce09
    Yeah, for sure, it took me a couple weeks too to level my JC because I didn't want to spend that much gold. I had enough just was thought I could do it slowly and save myself some gold. It was also nicer to just do a little bit per day rather than fighting bordum doing it for a couple hours in one day.
    Just starting this painfull and expensive road. I am 84 :P and cost me 100g already. Didn't continue because all the gems and bars where priced to high. Hopefully saterday I will get to 150ish (maybe further depending on wether I will receive a Primordial Saronite)
    Just have to keep my chars money above 1000g :P, hate it when I drop below that.

I highly recommend leveling JC the right way. I.E: not buying your way to 400+ skill. Will save you a ton of money, and you may even make a decent amount, if you are smart.