Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm in PC Gamer UK, Blue posts

i dont mind story progression at all, its a sorta living world that evolves and changes at the whims of the gods, i get that and im ok with it

what i dont understand is how wow can have a long standing system of REPUTATION and turn around and kick people out of Orgrimmar.

Belfs and Forsaken can be kicked out, and yet you be a Belf/Forsaken that is EXALTED with Org. That overcooks my grits. But meh, i didnt hang out in Lagrimmar anyway, UC is the place to be. Can visit bank, AH, and mailbox without dismounting. How many other cities allow that! Lagrimmar can suck it.

"All out war on Alliance" gave me nightmares of all realms becoming PVP.

And i also wonder if Blizz with do anything with Med'an in wow. I hope so, he is the "savior of azeroth" afterall. maybe he shows up when we fight sarg and tiger uppercuts him.
    A fool and his money are soon parted, but not nearly as fast as a nerd and his tears.

Quote Originally Posted by magik8ball
    We already got our troll raid. It's called the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille

Inner-Horde relations
    • After assuming command of the Horde, Garrosh labels Cairne a traitor and executes the Tauren Leader. However, this does not seem to be the end of his involvement in Cataclysm and his seeming demise is linked to the greener, lusher Desolace.
    Still, honestly, is this really necessary? Why would Cairne be called a traitor? If it wasn't for Cairne and his Taurens helping out Thrall in Kalimdor, there would be no Orgrimmar or Durotar. I have kept track of all this information since the leak; and, it still bothers me how this remains without much elaboration. Would you really believe the new Guardian of Tirisfal would actually allow Garrosh to commit such an action?

At least we get a clue to Desolace and maybe his spirit is beside a giant monument to him in Desolace to celebrate the success of making it lush again.[/list]

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by anotherhunter
    i dont mind story progression at all, its a sorta living world that evolves and changes at the whims of the gods, i get that and im ok with it

what i dont understand is how wow can have a long standing system of REPUTATION and turn around and kick people out of Orgrimmar.

Belfs and Forsaken can be kicked out, and yet you be a Belf/Forsaken that is EXALTED with Org. That overcooks my grits. But meh, i didnt hang out in Lagrimmar anyway, UC is the place to be. Can visit bank, AH, and mailbox without dismounting. How many other cities allow that! Lagrimmar can suck it.

"All out war on Alliance" gave me nightmares of all realms becoming PVP.
    Its just probably the system to make travel to SM and UC more attractive for BE and UD..
    All trolls anyway will sit in their new Capital =)

w00t!! Harrison Jones!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kavaros
    Before we jump ahead of ourselves and start disecting what is nd inst true about the article. We should keep in mind the month it's suppose to represent, April , and the usual things that happen on the 1st of that month.
    So everything in the April copy of PC Gamer UK is to be taken as a joke because of April 1st? Or just the Cataclysm details because some people can't accept that details like this are revealed before a blue posts them on a forum. Shesh.

I dont get the Frozen orb change.. why should it be greed on auto, if someone want to pass? Are peple to stupid to not need on it, if they want it? Sigh..

Blizzard, protecting stupid from them selves since 2005.

I ain't taking this shit seriously. A month ahead of time, speculation based and with clear purpose of them selling more magazines... how typical.

Deleted

RIP Cairne True warlord of the horde!

Deleted

DON'T TOUCH MY FAV FUZZY MOOOO COW!!!!!!! BASTARDS!!! :'( :'( :'( > >

Quote Originally Posted by mööh
    Im sad about Cairne dieing but i really want to know why Garrosh marks him for a traitor?...You can't mark someone as a traitor without a reason
    You cant go from a total crybaby willing to hand over control of his clan to some random guy, to a bloodseeking, mindless, whining, traitor and tell the very same guy whose boots he was kissing 10 seconds ago that he is weakling and worth trash without a rea- oh wait...

Face it, he is Garrosh

he is a moronic, mindless, idiot
    he is the worst hack job of character writing blizzard ever come up with

He needs no reason besides to piss off the players while blizzard screams in the background "he isnt a villain! you should love him!"

Deleted

• Quote Originally Posted by citybug
      Still, honestly, is this really necessary? Why would Cairne be called a traitor? If it wasn't for Cairne and his Taurens helping out Thrall in Kalimdor, there would be no Orgrimmar or Durotar. I have kept track of all this information since the leak; and, it still bothers me how this remains without much elaboration. Would you really believe the new Guardian of Tirisfal would actually allow Garrosh to commit such an action?

At least we get a clue to Desolace and maybe his spirit is beside a giant monument to him in Desolace to celebrate the success of making it lush again.
    Quote Originally Posted by citybug

He would NEVER be a traitor to the Horde.
    Garrosh just want to kill him so he can controll the horde in kalimdor easier, so he can kill the alliance easier.
    It was Caine and Thrall ho started to horde, when they met up at the shors of Kalimdor in barrens.

I hate Garrosh... Nothing will make me like that son of a bitch! Cairne, my fave leader did nothing but to stand in fuckin' Thunder Bluff all the time and when he FINALLY gets some attention he just gets killed!?!?!?!? Blizzard, you never made any good decisions except Random Dungeon thing. And now you just made your biggest mistake...

You would think Blizzard would have used the last few months to improve this godawful writing. But no. Let's have Thrall knowingly leave a retarded monkey in charge while he takes up a position aimed at saving the world... knowing full well that the retarded monkey is going to start a completely pointless war aimed at screwing up the world.

Oh, and lets kill Cairne for no reason. Because the retarded monkey is "badass" that way. I'm sure Cairne's people and his son will be quite happy to follow the retarded monkey into a pointless war after the murder of his father/their leader.

God, Blizzard needs to hire some decent writers. This whole thing reeks of "we need an easier excuse for PvP, so we're going to throw together a bunch of nonsense that ends up there. If it doesn't make any sense at all, oh well."

(The one positive is that Med'an is dead, and with Thrall as the guardian, probably staying that way. That plotline was even worse then this Garrosh garbage, and needs to stay buried in the comics where few people will ever know about it.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonshardz
    I ain't taking this shit seriously. A month ahead of time, speculation based and with clear purpose of them selling more magazines... how typical.
    It's not a month ahead of time. This is how PC Gamer and many other magazines do releases - April issue in March, May issue in April, etc.

Lol at all the rage... You honestly think they would execute tauren leader, leaving taurens withone one? .. I though people were more familiar with blizzards ways of doing things..

what did Cairne do :'( the forsaken get to lead a revolt and kill hundreds of horde but sylvanas is still alive, not fair! The only cool thing is he comes back all jedi style in desolace...maybe. But seriously i hope the tauren respond to this and leave orgrimmar for the orcs and trolls...they can try defending it without us...
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

Two small additions:

1) Every piece of story that the expansion tells, it tells it through the eyes of the player, meaning our characters will KNOW it happens.

This means that our character will be fully aware of Cairne's demise, which can mean two things: either that we try to stop garrosh from doing it, which could lead to the horde storyline of cataclysm being about our characters fighting garrosh from within.

Or it could mean that our characters are fooled into helping Garrosh kill cairne.

2) Saurfang survived Icecrown citadel!

This cannot be understated, last time this discussion came up the talk was all about how the explanation for Saurfang letting it happen being that he might die in icecrown. Now that we know that didnt happen, the aspect of it changes radically, and the possibility of him being a key player in cataclysm rose to almost certainty. As our character already in wotlk accepted outright to help him fight garrosh when the time came, this means that Blizzard already decided our character sides with Saurfang, so again the horde storyline of us helping saurfang against garrosh, eventually leading to the death of garrosh and possibly saurfang taking over the horde, pops up as a realistic option.

Since day 1, blizzard have said our character sides with Thrall and the new horde, that we loyal to them beyond any doubt. Everything that happens so far to the horde in cataclysm goes against everything our characters stand for, would seem odd for them to do a 180 out of the blue like that.

What is worrying however is blizzard stated that "garrosh is not a villain", which obviously doesnt make sense as he has not done a single nonevil nonagainstthehorde act so far, but anyway.
    This means that there is chance the quest lines might have us support garrosh ><

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille

Frozen Orbs Greed/Need rolls in 3.3
    [blizzquote="Wryxian;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/15/12680047996-frozen-orbs-in-patch-333.html]Yeah it just takes one person to press Need after everyone's pressed Greed on the Frozen Orbs and you miss out. But the good news is that in patch 3.3.3 this won't be the case anymore -- the roll for Frozen Orbs will be an automatic Greed roll. Rejoice! [/blizzquote"]
    Who would click greed on those orbs nowdays anywai..

I'm really not loving Garrosh right now >,>

I'm staging a protest once Cataclysm drops, I'm no longer defending Org when the Allies come running in for their pvp mount achievement.

Deleted

God I hope that doesnt mean we will get 4 bosses :-X. Even the "crap content" WotLK had Archavon, Sartharion (up to + 3), Malygos and 15 bosses in Naxx making the amount 18+3.