Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Healing set bonus changed again ?

*Note, just read this on the official Europe forums, don't take it as a proper source just yet*

This screenshot was posted by Pikaßoo, just reposting it here:

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/2459/cohp.jpg

Thoughts ?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: Healing set bonus changed again ?

wow, actualy a set bonus worth taking, amgawd.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBlade
    Every new dps trinket in the game should be itemised exactly and perfectly for you and also be an upgrade over your current trinkets.
    If this doesn't happen, the game is broken beyond horrific terrible belief and is not worth playing.
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...scale/nysalia/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/225579/

that set bonus would make me jizz way better then 5 % renew

i hope blizz confirms this very soon

*gasp* Does this mean GC has just started to get an inkling of a clue?

I am dubious.

And even if this goes through, Ghostcrawler can still suck my bawlz for messing us about for so long.
    Has opinions about stuff.
    Character - Danrar (Forever Holy Priest)

he only sucks succulent clam meat

Quote Originally Posted by Waterwings
    wow, actualy a set bonus worth taking, amgawd.
    5% on Renew was already worth taking if you're 2pc t9 ilvl 245 v 251 pieces(or 258 v 264), especially if the pieces were not shoulder or gloves.

5% on Renew would have been better on most fights sadly. There are only a few fights were CoH is enough of our healing for this to be better. :-[

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    5% on Renew would have been better on most fights sadly. There are only a few fights were CoH is enough of our healing for this to be better. :-[
    no ways CoH is scond best heal

15+ Year Old Account

Interesting, can I have a link to the EU forum thread please?

We all know that CoHealing wasn't quite hitting it, but I expected/was hoping for a base increase. Clucking bell, I'd like them to give us a Shadow -> Healing vendor for a week after this change is implemented so those Disc Priests and the odd Holy Priest (and they'd be odd) can exchange their gear, rather than wasting tokens which other guild members should be getting.

Quote Originally Posted by pokImoon
    no ways CoH is scond best heal
    A lot of Holy Priests don't even use CoH on cooldown anymore because of the way damage is coming in ICC. There are a few fights where it's really nice in ICC, but it's usually <15% of my healing, while Renew is often 30%+. So on average 10% to CoH is going to be worse than 5% to Renew for me. Still a decent bonus though.

Seconded on the Shadow/Holy thing though. I've already used 3 264 and 1 271 token getting the Shadow gear for my Disc set. Not too happy.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Seconded on the Shadow/Holy thing though. I've already used 3 264 and 1 271 token getting the Shadow gear for my Disc set. Not too happy.
    Agreed 100% about wasted tokens. Just curious though - why'd you spend a token on the shadow chest instead of just picking up the emblem chest and leaving the token to another that would have greater benefit from it? Or do you spend a fair amount of time in shadow?

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

The link is:

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....00070477&sid=1

There's not much there other than what I've posted here, though :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    Agreed 100% about wasted tokens. Just curious though - why'd you spend a token on the shadow chest instead of just picking up the emblem chest and leaving the token to another that would have greater benefit from it? Or do you spend a fair amount of time in shadow?
    Maybe his chest piece is the 277 Token piece.

Changing the set bonuses is good and all, the problem atm is that our healing set is suboptimal for both holy and disc. Reckon come 4.0 with the stat changes it will hopefully be better as healers will have more unified stats. Until then, we are stuck with this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima
    Maybe his chest piece is the 277 Token piece.
    Helm is the 277, chest 264 Shadow chest is taken because nothing tops the 277 version of it, which I would have been getting this next week, but I'll most likely be using it on my Holy set helm instead, which is a wee bit depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpowr
    Changing the set bonuses is good and all, the problem atm is that our healing set is suboptimal for both holy and disc. Reckon come 4.0 with the stat changes it will hopefully be better as healers will have more unified stats. Until then, we are stuck with this mess.
    What sucks is that Disc needs to start gathering them now because they will be stuck with very low regen. Going for tier set will probably be best because the bonus being ok.

15+ Year Old Account

Well, unless there is content after Ruby Sanctum, would we still be raiding "hard-core" in 4.0 which I presume/hope is after the 30% ICC Aura and would rather help in killing what you would be killable by your guild.

So other than levelling, what good is swapping to healing gear from that stance? :P

However, I will be making an effort to obtain 4 pieces, I feel for at least some fights that this CoH buff will be rather powerful, even at the cost of 6.4%~ Haste.

However it would be very nice if Blizzard would like to give me a nice vendor for exchanging my Shadow gear since they surely have a clue that we've been purchasing it for healing. I mean seriously [rant mode], they said we'd be drooling over T10 itemization as it was the final tier of raiding and we can go mad (to an extent) and be awesome (in full 264/277 Tier), but this is really not the case for quite a few classes, including 3/5 healing specs (Disc, Holy, HolyPala, maybe the Resto crew aren't happy with their tier itemization, I honestly can't remember off the top of my head).

And I apologise for making you read that.

My view on this new bonus (summarized from the other thread):

* +10% CoH is worth about the same as +5% renew in terms of effective HPS
    * CoH have way less overhealing than renew, so the CoH setbonus version is probably a bit better than the Renew setbonus version
    * It's positive that Blizzard is still thinking about holypriests. I'm still not allowing myself hope of being brought to many ICC hardmodes before Cataclysm though.
    * It's not a bad bonus as long as you don't expect it to solve the current holypriest issues. It doesn't.
    * It's not remotely as good as the disc priest bonus, this is because holypriests use many heals. A bonus to one heal will have a limited effect no matter which heal it is.
    * I still prefer the T9-2set since that offers holypriests a limited tank heal ability, despite costing a lot of stats. So I'll stick to my T9.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpowr
    Agreed, the sub par itemization will be a big factor in many priests holding back from T10 still. Still it is good to know that we're not being funnelled that much into being trees again.