Same old "am I good enough" question

I've started trying to heal raids and am finding a lot of difficulty. Both keeping up with heals as well as running out of mana 75% way through a fight. Am I geared in a direction I should be for holy? Any suggestions would be appreciated

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ker&cn=Menderr

Re: Same old "am I good enough" question

Your gear doesn't look bad. I have no major quibbles, maybe changing the 20 spirit gems to 20 int regardless of socket bonuses and don't be afraid to use Hymn of Hope and Shadowfiend. They will be back before you know it. ;]

Also the Darkmoon Card trinket is pretty terrible. Do Uld 10 and get Spark of Hope, that trinket is still amazing.
    Has opinions about stuff.
    Character - Danrar (Forever Holy Priest)

Replace the spirit gems? I was under the impression that I want spirit as a priest

Your gear looks fine. People are right- nowadays not many people are using pure +spirit gems, because of a couple things: the mana gains from intellect are usually better due to replenishment et.al. being based off max mana... and also that regen is just not needed so much these days. But obv. replacing spirit gems with like sp ones won't help your running out of mana probs.

I think if you are running out of mana, you must be casting the wrong spells :X What content are you healing? What spells are you using? Are you like spam healing the tank or something even when he is full, or something? Using GH a lot when it's not necessary (which is like, all the time- it's not necessary that often)? I know it sounds simple but, don't overheal, use the right spells, and you should be good to go...

pom and renew will get ya through most heroics without help from anything else. throw in some coh and fh when needed... it shouldn't even be possible for you to run out of mana. If it's raids then my guess is you are trying to do too much or doing a good amount of overhealing. In raids you have to trust your fellow healers and share the load.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybella
    In raids you have to trust your fellow healers and share the load.
    This bit is often the most important. It's very hard for me to keep healing the raid when the tank suddenly spikes to 40% health and isn't insta-healed, but I have to get on with healing the raid as:
    1) The tank healers should deal with it
    2) If someone in the raid dies because I was healing tanks, it's my fault, and I wasn't doing my job properly.

id suggest trying dc aswell - most of our priests just love it

Quote Originally Posted by Pyke
    Replace the spirit gems? I was under the impression that I want spirit as a priest
    With percentage based regen methods like Shadowfiend and Hymn of Hope, Intellect is a better regen stat than Spirit is for priests. =]
    Has opinions about stuff.
    Character - Danrar (Forever Holy Priest)

Basically you do want spirit, but you don't want to gem pure spirit gems. There is lots of spirit on your gear already and in terms of regeneration int is superior to spirit.

You can Socket 23 sp into red, sp+spirit into blue and sp+haste oder sp+int gems into yellow sockets to achieve balanced stats. If you have problems with mana, get an insightful meta gem. And get rid of that ugly 18 spirit enchant on your boots. There is nothing better than Tuskars Vitality. Get +10 stats for your chest. 250 mana is bad. Put an enchant on your cloak, haste for example. Change your shoulder and head enchants to spellpower + crit (Kirin Tor for head, buy rep for emblems). Thanks to Holy Concentration and Surge of Light you will in fact get regen from crit - and more healing of course.

Personally, I don't think you will have Shadowfiend or Hymn ready before the end of the fight. There are few fights that take 6 minutes and you won't use it at the beginning. Try finding a point where you have about 10-20% Mana, when there is a little pause in damage taken. Use Hymn first to get +20% int and the fiend after that, because it restores % of your mana, you should have 100% manan again. Don't spam Flash Heal, try using it mostly to get a full stack of Serendipity. Don't bother to much with healing tanks, you're bad at it as holy. Try this: Stop healing for a few seconds and watch, what your other healers do. How do they heal and whom? Try finding the gaps and fill them. Put trust in your other healers and talk to them. It's not about topping meters, it is about keeping people alive.

Max out Alchemy, that is another 47 spell power. Try running ToC non hero, Tears of the Vanquished is a very good and easy to obtain trinket for regen.

As others indicated, if you're having mana problems, you will want to re-evaluate your gemming. As such, I'd probably recommend something along the lines of SP/Int in reds, Int in yellows, and Int/Spirit in Blues for achieving all socket bonuses and maximizing regen. As others have mentioned Int is the superior regen stat, and if you want to see the math, it's in a sticky in this forum. Along with that, you can switch your meta to Insightful Earthsiege Diamond, and you should see a considerable difference in your mana longevity. From there, you can start trading out Int for SP or Haste as you get more comfortable with your regen level. One last minor point on gemming, never socket +23 SP and +20 Int or +20 Spirit or +20 Haste, etc. because you will always get more SP from 2 +12 SP/+10 Int gems than from 1 +23 SP and 1 +20 Int gem.

Regarding Enchants, definitely get +10 all stats to chest, it provides similar regen to 250 mana but also provides a bit of throughput and bonus staminga, +23 Haste to cloak is a must, and consider upgrading the enchant on your weapon unless you expect to replace it soon. For your shoulders/head, as long as you're having mana problems, I'd stick with the SP/MP5 versions because they're better itemized, but once you're comfortable with your regen, switching to SP/Crit is an option for more throughput, but it that should be low down your list. With regard to your boots, I don't think Tuskarr's isn't necessary, especially if you pick up Body and Soul.

Finally, and most importantly, comes play style. It's easy to whip out the big guns, but as Holy, it's important to know when you need to do that, and when you need to hold back. Be mindful of assignments and know how to maximize your strengths. Don't be afraid to tell your healing officer that you shouldn't be tank healing or whatever other assignment he might give that wouldn't fit your style or would fit another healer's style better. And, of course, make maximum use of your mana cooldowns because Holy Priest regen is balanced around maximizing their usage such that you have to trade throughput for unnecessary regen if you aren't maximizing the mana return from them.

Use hybrid gems such as Spellpower/Intellect if you're having mana issues.
    Get a different chest enchant, +10 stats is much better.
    Reevaluate your meta gem.
    If you're having mana issue, get the Insightful Earthsiege Diamond meta, it gives your more regen.

No cloak enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Revitalize
    Use hybrid gems such as Spellpower/Intellect if you're having mana issues.
    Get a different chest enchant, +10 stats is much better.
    Reevaluate your meta gem.
    If you're having mana issue, get the Insightful Earthsiege Diamond meta, it gives your more regen.

No cloak enchant.
    and get tuskarrs vitality on your boats the movement speed increase helps especially on fights like sindragosa.

15+ Year Old Account

I had that exact problem and my solution was this: Switch to Discipline spec, it's alot easier on your mana and really alot more fun to heal with. Made my friend try it and she loves it too.

Thing with Holy is its heavy on it so you need to be able to heal and know when to stop to give your mana a little bit of time to regen itself. It's stop-start and hard during spikes to tank to restrain yourself to let your mp5 regen.

If you don't want to be Discipline then yes, switch all your gems to Int. Spell Power will come with gear.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-priest/(priest-holy)-the-value-of-intellect

It's higher value for mp5 regen and will give you a larger mana pool to pull from.