World of Logs

I was looking at the rankings for World of Logs for Balance Druids and I noticed that I my DPS on LK 25 should be ranked. Not that it really matters, I was just had a few questions about it.

Does anyone happen to know when the World of Logs rankings update?

Or what DPS it uses for its rankings? Is it either DPS or DPS(e)?

Thanks in advance!!

Re: World of Logs

i wouldnt care too much if i were you, its all incredibly skewed now anyway and you can knock someone off by putting big numbers up via a shortened log time (starting the log during Heroism/Bloodlust and then killing the boss so it times out) which effectively bumps their numbers a heap...

oh and i think they use effective dps for the rankings, although i'm not 100% certain on that

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there

I see. Well, all the kills have the times next to them and they all look pretty legit.

Thanks for the hasty response =)

nah they're not all legit... some are, but i was looking through the logs last night with my housemate and there's an arms warrior in the top 10 for festergut 25 heroic on 13k dps over a 1min 34s fight... that's not legit at all lol

The Moonkin Repository
    Moonkin forums for beginners and experienced players alike
    Moonkin TTT Thread with Wrathcalcs
    Check it out, good stuff in there

I was talking about the Balance Druids on LK, but wow that is really cheap that people can do that. What people will do to be recognized...lol

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Moosqueaks
    I was talking about the Balance Druids on LK, but wow that is really cheap that people can do that. What people will do to be recognized...lol
    Do you typhoon the vile spirits at all in phase 3? If not it may make your (guilds) life a lot easier. I've posted real high numbers on LK, but they drop sharply in phase 3 when I switch into mostly utility mode. Congrats on a great parse though.

I'm hoping Starfall will really buff our damage in phase 3, post 3.3.3, as the vile spirits should be close enough to splash to each other.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Its DPS(e), and the reason for the short fights is WoL counts wipes at first, they remove them later i think. So huge burst dmg + wipe = record.

Either way wowmeteronline is better for records.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre
    Do you typhoon the vile spirits at all in phase 3? If not it may make your (guilds) life a lot easier. I've posted real high numbers on LK, but they drop sharply in phase 3 when I switch into mostly utility mode. Congrats on a great parse though.

I'm hoping Starfall will really buff our damage in phase 3, post 3.3.3, as the vile spirits should be close enough to splash to each other.
    Yeah, I switch to almost mainly Starfall/Typhoon in p3. It is absolutely amazing how much it helps out. Like you said, my numbers also drastically drop in that phase. Hehe yeah, we had a really clean kill this week.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Aluana
    nah they're not all legit... some are, but i was looking through the logs last night with my housemate and there's an arms warrior in the top 10 for festergut 25 heroic on 13k dps over a 1min 34s fight... that's not legit at all lol
    Just report the weird logs and they'll get removed/banned real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosqueaks
    Does anyone happen to know when the World of Logs rankings update?
    It usually takes 24 hours.

if you gain a rank, you can view it instantly when its been uploaded... However, the global rank doesnt update more than every 24h or so...
    It is eDps that matters, and it can be screwed to pieces by corrupt logs. Seem to recall seeing a raid when researching proper dps for hc Queen Lana thel, where every dps were 18k+, and top 5 over 30k. which is simply not possible...

Deleted

Could you link the report in question? That makes it a tad easier to give feedback, especially if its a question of DPS versus DPSe.

I really prefer WOL over WMO. WOL seems more accessable, has some pretty graphs (and we all love graphs) and is fairly easy to get around in. I am sure that WOL does what WOL can to remove the bogus reports - the wouldn't be interested in guilds screwing over their system either.

Ninja brag: Whats that Qieth? Ranked 94 on Lich King yesterday even considering you DIED during the fight?! I think I could have done better, though. Pesky valkyrs..

Deleted

only 2.8k effective ? Such a letdown Qieth :-*

http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...Balance_Druid/
    Seems I've been shifted to rank 37 From 2 weeks ago. Was rank 6 at the time. Died from being dropped on first valkyr(!) last week, and no kill this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoe
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/rankings/...Balance_Druid/
    Seems I've been shifted to rank 37 From 2 weeks ago. Was rank 6 at the time. Died from being dropped on first valkyr(!) last week, and no kill this week.
    the finny thing is that WOL rank 1 cant get to top 20 in WMO
    http://www.wowmeteronline.com/rank/c...ps/drd/9/0/3/3

Well thats true... Didnt know the difference was that high though.