Poll: What is the easiest/best pvp class?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Whos easier in PvP Warlock or Shaman ele

Ele is the biggest faceroll class at the moment. Combine that with the IWIN button on blade's edge and dalaran and you get the most retarded class to grace arena at the moment
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by Khano
    In 1v1 locks get facerolled by warriors, rogues and dks. Pretty much any melee except ret paladins and enhancement shamans ( though some locks say good enh shamans counter them completely )
    ... sooo wrong... I handle warriors with either spec, rogues can't touch a destro with succ. out, and dk's well, I usually come out on top as destro, but they usually win as aff... either way, the only class I'd say I get facerolled by is rogues when I'm aff.

And yes, enh > lock... if they're smart, and make good use of those damn totems! lol

On topic: I voted aff... whether it be arena's or bg's, really u just run around and dot... Destro requires more standing and casting, and shamans are likely the most complicated class to learn, ie. like 17 totems (completely guessing?), 4 totem classes, which ones you can use together, and what situations to use each... maybe it's just me, i unno

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge
    Ele is the biggest faceroll class at the moment. Combine that with the IWIN button on blade's edge and dalaran and you get the most retarded class to grace arena at the moment
    Elemental PvP is/can be quite good, but is nowhere near faceroll.

Destro Lock ofc, anybody thinking other should start to look at facts

A shaman is more of a turret and can be dropped easily by a skilled player.
    A warlock is very versatile with cc and dmg output.
    Generally warlocks will have more success in pvp then a shaman.

Not to mention 1v1 a Destro/Afflic Warlock WILL KILL an ele sham.

Affliction Lock is one of the most powerful class/spec combos out there. Ele is a one trick pony (lava burst).

easiest and best are two very different things. afflic takes much more skill then an ele shaman but is also dominant in 3s.

dont roll lock cause less lock would make me happy. All they do in bg setting is run around spamming curses. The most annoying part is when i kill a lock i still die from all the darn curses still continuing to burn away at my health.
    OT:Aff lock is by far easiest imo

easiest: destro lock,
    best: affliction/ele on same level when palyed right.

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz
    Ignorant people should stfu, a shaman is just nukefest? that clearly depends on the situation, in a 5v5 with blessing of protection, oh yes, fucking nukefest
    2v2 and 3v3, not so much, as everyone just hug the shaman until he bends over and die.
    In 1v1 or BG situations a warlock is much more dangerous.

An ele shaman lives and dies by his ability to create momentum to nuke his opponent, an affliction warlock does steady damage with no effort required.
    This, 100%
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian
    Elemental PvP is/can be quite good, but is nowhere near faceroll.
    You know why the tbc comp 2345 as called that?
    2: bloodlust
    3: earth shock
    4: lighting bolt
    5: instant CL macro

These days it's just
    3: flame shock
    4: lava burst
    5. instant CL macro

These days it's just
    5. instant CL macro
    And that's sadly more complex than the rogue class in PvP, which speaks volumes for PvP in WoW as a whole.

15+ Year Old Account

These days it's just
    5. instant CL macro
    And YOU can absolutely judge about a spec you know jack shit about.

If you're saying this absolute nonsense because you're getting your ass kicked by Elemental Shamans as a Rogue you're doing something awefully wrong.

If this is NOT the reason, then again I can safely say you know jack shit about Elemental Shamans.

Finally, I have to say you know jack shit about Elemental Shamans, plus the fact that you know jack shit about Elemental Shamans.

Greets, Jack Shit.

Nobody uses EM on CL anymore.

OMG I HAVE A "COOL" WOW SIGNATURE

Quote Originally Posted by Posokhov
    And that's sadly more complex than the rogue class in PvP, which speaks volumes for PvP in WoW as a whole.
    Well, I'll give you envenom is easy. But shadowdance probably has the highest skillcap of all classes in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian
    And YOU can absolutely judge about a spec you know jack shit about.

If you're saying this absolute nonsense because you're getting your ass kicked by Elemental Shamans as a Rogue you're doing something awefully wrong.

If this is NOT the reason, then again I can safely say you know jack shit about Elemental Shamans.

Finally, I have to say you know jack shit about Elemental Shamans, plus the fact that you know jack shit about Elemental Shamans.

Greets, Jack Shit.
    It's not like most ele shams agree with me :> (at least, you know, good ones)

Well, I'll give you arms is easy. But prot war probably has the highest skillcap of all classes in pvp.
    fixed

In bg's, both are fairly viable. For 2v2 with a healer, go for warlock. Ele shammys don't get far in 2v2 without a 2nd dps.

VERY different playstyles, quite similar skillcap (AFFL V ELE)

both r great fun in bgs, ele destroys non resil targets in seconds, and locks dot/fear to be able to solo anything

3v3 arena perspective:
    shamans Pros:
    roots + gw + TS > gives them much melee control/ great at kiting
    shocks + grounding > gives them alot of caster control
    tremor + cleansing + bl + off heals + purge > good utility
    decent passive defensive cd
    excellent burst, ok in sustained

locks Pros:
    many instants > great mobility
    fear + curses + spell lock > good control, esp for casters
    magic cleanse + HS + drains + pet > good utility
    great at tanking casters
    excellent spread and single target damage, lacks in burst

shamans cons:
    reliant on casts
    no dispel protection
    lack of cc

locks cons:
    mindlessly trained/wrecked by melee
    poor escapes + lack of def cds

shamans in arena have a little more to worry about imo (at high ends), with all the utility they bring... granted that the damage of lava burst allows shitty players to get much higher than they would if the damage was lower, ele has great utility and doesnt need that much burst

THE BEST PART
    they compliment each other so well!!! ele controls melee, bl is huge for locks, dispel protection for flame shock, great control of other casters (esp healers and locks), and constant multi dotting means something isnt at full => quick switches for ele burst kills

In Summary:
    at 1200 -2200ish mmr shamans will be easier, 2200ish+ locks will be easier
    also destro => lower skill cap than both (easiest to play)

btw TS is easily countered everywhere but dalaran where it is still countered by any1 who can position, sadly most melee r too retarded to figure out hes going to thunderfuck them off and instead blindly attack from behind even if it means going off the bridge

roll affliction, dot every player in a BG, /dance

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Beast
    fixed
    Not really. Prot warrior isn't exactly that hard to play either.

The easiest of the three specs is Affliction. Not only is it great alone against MOST specs/classes but it's amazing when paired with others. However it is also, IMO, the most cowardly and cheap spec ever made.

I level as Affliction because there's hardly any down time and lots of self healing, but Destro is a lot more fun and at the same time difficult to master (against well geared opponents). The general rule is that Affliction is preferred in arenas due to the consistent and predictable damage. However at high brackets, Destro is just as viable.

The reason Destro is not so common at lower brackets is you have a wider variety of comps to fight that don't do well in the long run yet can shut down that spec. I personally find both easy to play but difficult to master. For example, Affliction requires haste in order to DoT rapidly and run and usually you kill things. Destro is a "blow-em-up" tree that prefers crit, but requires you to stand and take damage while doing so.

In order to master either of these takes time and skill. Destro, when in the hands of an experienced player, is very dangerous because a well timed Shadowfury or Chaos Bolt can lead to a killing blow. Also there is the option for a "hard" switch which Affliction cannot bring. Yes, this is why I like it!

Anyway, I just find it necessary to defend Destro when people say it's easy to play and OP. You look around and you'll see a lot more Affliction Warlocks because, IMO, that's "easier" for players to use due to the self healing. However, both are fun to play though I'd suggest Affliction to get a feel for the class and Destro if you want a challenge (again, this is against well PvP geared players, which I consider the true test).