Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: An Assault on Two Fronts - Patch 3.9

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux
    They can, and probably will go from 3.3 to 3.9.

4.0 being the Cataclysm systems patch (that normally comes 1 month before the real patch)

but Blizzard made the Pre-Cata event SO EPIC that they had to make a major content patch for it. And knowing that in 4.0 "everyone" will have the new Azeroth, the fact of splitting it in multiple major patches works, because i certainly dont want to download a massive 5gb patch anytime soon, for sure.

They probably COULD name it 3.4, but Pre-Cata patch is basically Pre-4.0, and what comes before 4.0? 3.9 of course. 3.4 is too far from 4.0
    I honestly wish people would stop saying they are going to skip numbers. When have they skipped numbers in the past DURING an expansion? Yes they skip from last patch to the pre-expansion release.. aka 1.12 to 2.0, 2.4 to 3.0, but not actually during an expansion.

I do admit this could be a place-holder number until they decide what patch it will go into live.

Cata is taking longer than they planned most likely. That's why we have another raid instance coming probably in 3 months or so. Then this later. It's just filler to hold us over. A lot of guilds will take months more on ICC HMs anyway. Like others said the Nov projection is starting to make a lot of sense for a release.

I think blizzard meant 3.3.9 :P

Quote Originally Posted by Caylis
    Wow.. simply wow.. I cant wait for us trolls to have a proper place to live rather than the squatty little village we have now.
    Silly troll, you live in the WoW forums!

Deleted

Gnome army looks like lego unit toys.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSecretArts
    Silly troll, you live in the WoW forums!
    I made that joke about zul'forum on eu forums already ... please.

Quote Originally Posted by Moll
    Historically, yes. 2.0 and 3.0 were the patches that introduced all the changes to the game world, like Archerus in EPL etc.

In the case of Cataclysm, however, the changes to the game world will be so large that 4.0 will probably not be released until Cataclysm itself is out. 3.9 will probably bring archeology, new talents, stat changes etc.
    Doubt they will do that! What if there is a major bug with that patch? Remember the paladin crusader strike nerf after 2.0 and the paladin DivineStorm nerf after 3.0? I think 4.0 will be released before cata jsut to see how the abilities work ingame. So that when going for "server first lvl 85" all classes get equall chances rather then having 1 class with OP abilities at the start of an expac....they will prolly have it out b4 cata expac to balance it before they raise the levelcap
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Hey guys, what happened to the content between patch 2.4.3 and 3.0?? I just KNOW I missed a bunch of stuff! I mean, one minute I go from Quel'thalas and the next Northrend...?? I just KNOW they rushed content and skipped over a bunch of stuff! Where's my 2.5??

:

Seriously guys, they throw out "3.9" and suddenly everyone assumes the Cata release timetable has been delayed, and/or there will be content in between 3.3.5 and 3.9. I never got the copy of the memo from Blizzard stating they would absolutely never skip over version numbers. Could I get one of you to send that my way? Your copy of the up-to-date expansion release timetable would also be awesome, I'd love to see it. :P

OT: I am totally rolling an ally to free Gnomeregan, after I've helped take back the Echo Isles.

I was sure that 3.3.3 was supposed to be where we take back gnomergon and echo isles... Hmm... Well then I guess we get to wait more

Quote Originally Posted by Pikabanga
    The Echo Isles was merely a setback!
    Aww... I'm getting sick of these setbacks! :<
    Now what? Garrosh killing Cairne was merely a setback?

I'm pretty sure they meant 3.3.9 not 3.9. Especially since the ruby sanctum is in the 3.3.5 patch. Although I can't see where the patch release is mentioned anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Chin Music
    Why not call it 3.4 then?

It's just confusing to me.
    Because if they went from 3.4 to 4.0 you'd be confused again.

Quote Originally Posted by Odok
    I'm pretty sure they meant 3.3.9 not 3.9. Especially since the ruby sanctum is in the 3.3.5 patch. Although I can't see where the patch release is mentioned anywhere.
    Yes I think that is what they mean, but will 3.3.3 just bring around certain fixes, pets, and class changes then? Instead of all this extra stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Nadrii
    It's pretty close to April Fool's ...
    -facepalm facepalm facepalm- OMFG they better not... That would be the lamest april fools prank ever

Quote Originally Posted by xnickybx
    Because if they went from 3.4 to 4.0 you'd be confused again.
    That and this time-- THE SUNWELL IS[not A SETBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Nadrii
    It's pretty close to April Fool's ...
    /facepalm go away!

Lets hope its not.. maybe they will do something stupid like... lets say.. they could say a bard hero class is coming out

Where did the 3.9 come from???

Forum blue post doesnt state it and the 2 website links dont say it...

Anyone post a link to a blizzard posted comment saying 3.9?

15+ Year Old Account

2 Setbacks in one patch? :O

Deleted

Cool, but '3.9'? Doesn't make sense..