Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...

Re: An Assault on Two Fronts - Patch 3.9

In reference to the first lich king hero kill.........For the Horde!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror
    Cataclysm events are already on the PTR?

No, it's the two facts combined, not just one.

I can even accept the possibility of being on 3.3.9, but 3.9 doesn't fit on the system (Vanilla WoW had 1.10, 1.11 and 1.12)
    Why can you accept a jump from 3.3.3 to 3.3.9, but not a jump from 3.3 to 3.9? You are not being consistent here. As others sane ppl have already said, patch numbers are chosen to indicate the size and character of the changes, not merely a numeric counter.

The bigger the upgrade, the bigger change (2.x to 3.0 > 2.x to 2.y > 2.x.y to 2.x.z). You can also do "half steps, jump directly from say 5.1 to 5.5 to indicate that "it's not big enough to jump to 6.0 but it is like a half full step so we go to two-and-a-half. many software companies and developers do that.

In the case of 3.9, it is clearly to indicate that it is closer to 4.0 than 3.3, it's a Cataclysm prelude, not an ICC aftermath.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by bregtann
    Why can you accept a jump from 3.3.3 to 3.3.9, but not a jump from 3.3 to 3.9? You are not being consistent here. As others sane ppl have already said, patch numbers are chosen to indicate the size and character of the changes, not merely a numeric counter.
    You forgot patch 3.3.5. But it's also common the number to jump on minor revision patches, since it usually are internal builds that are jumped. For example, 3.0.0 jumped to 3.0.2.

The gnome side looks awesome, all geared up for war and stuff, I better hurry up and level my warlock!

too bad cataclysm probably won't be here for another year, any sooner and they might rush it and make it as shitty as Wrath of the gLItCH king.

Awesome! So does this mean the trolls and the gnomes will get their own capitals? But wait, didn't Blizzard say that there would be no new capitals, or was I wrong? I know the worgen and goblin will be getting new districts...

Anyways this is interesting news indeed, and especially since there has been an announcement for patch 3.9, I should start my account back up again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyriad
    so this is the jest of it.

the gnomes are like a "genius" roommate (Gelbin) that was only supposed to crash for a couple days and as they moved more and more of their shit and a couple buddies in (more gnomes). That turned into weeks, months, then years.
    They got kicked out of their apartment (Gnomer), in the same building as you (Dun Morogh), by a homeless toddler (troggs). To get their apartment back they essentially flea-bombed the the homeless kid And their kids they left behind giving them all leprosy. Turns out, the gnome's wife (Sicco) was the one that invited that kid over to stay in the first place and bought the flea-bombs.
    So now, they plan on rounding up everyone in the building (and probably everyone in the entire complex (Alliance)) to go kick the shit out of some rampant toddlers?
    someone mentioned that it'd be cool for there to be an event to take back Gnomer and the troll island and it's probably faction exclusive... problem is, I don't think anyone but gnomes give a shit about the gnomes or their homeland. I can see people wanting to help out to get them the fuck outta IF and then RE-Raiding Gnomer if they don't wanna pay for 5 years of back-rent (Fucking free-loaders.) At least the trolls were Trying to take their island back. The gnomes couldn't boot down the door and wail on a few 4 year olds, they stuck around in IF for HALF A DECADE.
    While several lowbies and one 80 would mow through that place for a couple things and split, the gnomes are finally deciding to form A RAID on this place....

The Alliance should re-gas the place with the proper toxicity (pfft. "in all his genius" did you read that shit??) as soon as the remaining gnomes are in there and seal it off, or at least tip off the Horde they're all gonna be in there, while we help them get their island back
    wat

+1 to WTF at 3.9

is there unannounced 3.4/3.5/3.6/3.7/3.8

do they just mean 3.3.9?

and to anyone that says 'why can you accept that so easily'
    well who says they'll skip from 3.3.3 to 3.3.5, there could be some bugfix 3.3.4

then it's just as easy to stretch the mind to the concept of 3.3.6/3.3.7/3.3.8...

I thought that An Assault on Two Fronts event will be relased in 3.3.3 ;( Looks like we still have to wait.

i lolled

patch 3.9 damn that's a ways.

10+ Year Old Account

The drillborer disk is back! (The only proper shield that used that model).

I look forward to looting the new mace drop: Thermaplug's Buttplug

wonders if their will be a patch 6.9!?!?!?!?!?!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tackle
    wonders if their will be a patch 6.9!?!?!?!?!?!
    not before 2016
    thats if blizz dont kill itself before that