Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: How to shorten the LFG queue for DPS

Quote Originally Posted by wellhellothere
    SO YOU'RE SAYING TANKS ARE LIKE WOMEN, THEY NEED TO BE PAMPERED AND SWEET TALKED BEFORE THEY'LL GO DOWN ON YOU?

In that case:
    God help us all.

What happened to the testicles some people may or may not have had?
    No, but why would someone intentionally put themselves in a situation where they have to put up with douche-bags like you?

Doing so does show you have testicles, it shows you lack common sense.

Sigh. This is why i hate people like you. BEING A TANK DOESN'T MAKE YOU GOD OK? Go act like a pampered little princess on someone elses time not on the time of the people waiting 1-30 minutes for a queue so to hear you bragging about how everyone should be grateful that you are a tank and that they aren't. I tank on my dk and paladin and i don't act like a sniveling brat who wants people to suck up to him cause he learned how to push a few buttons and rolled the right class. Being a tank is NOT hard when it comes to heroics and saying people bitch you out cause you are a tank is really just you crying that you think everyone should treat you better than others. I have never once acted like i was the god of the group and that the lesser beings known as the dps should bow before my awesomeness because i get 30 second queues on my paladin/dk.

Bottom line is STOP ACTING LIKE YOU ARE SPECIAL BECAUSE YOU ARE DEFINITELY NOT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

Quote Originally Posted by FloppyD
    You are all wrong!

All you do is dual box, invite a friends or family members druid/pally/warrior/dk to group and que as tank. Once que pops in 1 second leave the group so you are in front of the dungeon que to look for a tank. I have done this for 3 chars now.
    So you spend 20 minutes getting set up for an instant queue to avoid a 20 minute queue?

Yeah, that works.

Quote Originally Posted by krasgoth
    @OP:

How hard exactly is it for ICC25 geared tanks to tank a heroic? Here are the steps you have to follow to complete an instance in 15 minutes:

1) Click the queue button as tank. You are instantly rewarded a spot within 5 seconds.

2) Run your face into groups of mobs, completely ignoring any of what other dps does, until you kill the last boss, and loot your frost emblems.

Unless dps is pulling 4 groups at a time (which is impossible) you can handle anything in a heroic. Affixing your lips to a new tank's butt if he has done poorly in a run isn't going to breed a generation of new, amazing tanks, it will grow a generation of lazy slackasses, much like the ones already in heroics and raids today.

Compliment the ones that do well if you have to, but not the ones that suck.

If you think tanking is a thankless job, you probably aren't a very good tank.
    I have bad news for you brother.

I've healed all 3 of these tanks through ICC25. They are very, very good. They don't lack skill, they don't lack gear. But DPSers still act like asses. It may not be abuse, it may be AFKing or pulling off-groups or going all out on an unmarked target then complaining that the tank didn't pick up the mob they pulled. One way or another it's just not how they'd rather spend their time.

Oh and also you can x5 dps most of the heroics provided at least one of them is in plate or your dps are that good. only ones you can't do this for are the 3 new ones.
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

Quote Originally Posted by jpwkeeper

I've healed all 3 of these tanks through ICC25. They are very, very good. They don't lack skill, they don't lack gear. But DPSers still act like asses. It may not be abuse, it may be AFKing or pulling off-groups or going all out on an unmarked target then complaining that the tank didn't pick up the mob they pulled. One way or another it's just not how they'd rather spend their time.
    You mark targets in a heroic? I mean maybe in the 3 new ones but we only did that when they were completely new after a while we just stopped cause it was pointless.

It's a lot simpler than the op makes it look. Hybrids: stop refusing to do heroics as anything other than dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro
    Totally agree with this thread.

DPS are the ones being carried, regardless of what they think. Without a tank, DPS will die. You can't do most heroics without a tank (some exceptions). Deal with it.

Tanks are there to hold aggro and to not get crit. DPS are there to not pull aggro and to crit the enemy to death. They aren't there to shout at people, abuse them and generally act like an asshole.

As I said to a 72 Warlock a few days ago when he was shouting at both the tank And the healer:

"Shut up or get back into that 30 minute queue for a new group."

He never did shut up, and got impatient with the fact everyone had to drink after the 3rd boss and pulled the next trash mob. He died, we lived (thanks to some fancy moves by myself, even if I say so myself), he ragequit, we got a better Warlock replacement, finished instance happily.
    I tank as arms sometimes when my guildy is healing.

Duo'ed Loken on heroic with my Warrior and a friends' Priest, since the DPS didn't understand the mechnics. They shouted at us to wipe for five minutes. Egg on their face.

And that was during T7 content, and I was in half blues. So go figure.

The best DPS can do is speed things up. And speed is nice, but essential? No.

Edit: And sure, sometimes you can tank in a DPS spec or gear. But its not exactly common. Most DPS will still die after a couple of hits, even if the healer is throwing HoT's on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockworker
    This thread only enforced one theory, that tanks are elitist douchebags who think they're entitled to the freaking world. Way to go, Dungeon Finder. You just bred a whole new generation of arrogant jerks.

Let's see you run an instance properly after pissing off the healer, dick-in-a-can.
    Not putting up with abuse in your leisure time does not make you an elitist douchebag.

Needlessly pissing off the people who can make your queue times shorter makes you a -dumb- elitist douchebag.

Telling the healer to not piss off the healer makes you an -extremely dumb- elitist douchebag.

Not understanding the previous line makes you an -unobservant- elitist douchebag.

There is only a Tank and a Healer in a Heroic

nothing else is needed

Dps just speeds things up alittle!

It's a good point that healers get mistreated as well, and often by tanks. Starting out healing on my Shaman was tough because one or two tanks blamed me for wiped after they refused to pull adds off me. Very silly.

Seriously, how BAD can you be acting to make raid hardened tanks not want to queue?

I've had dps pull 2 random groups or entire first halves of instances without upsetting me, what can these dps be doing? If they're on an unmarked target, these veteran tanks you're speaking of should know where their taunt button is. What are you doing marking a target anyways in a heroic? You can just grind into them with no thought whatsoever.

AFKing? Who even NOTICES Afking? Half the time it feels like the dps is afk anyways, why would I even notice? How does this affect your tanks? You're still pulling and stuff is still dying, just because the DK doing 1100 dps isn't here, that doesn't mean a thing.

Sorry, but this is a stupid argument :P Good tanks deal with situations in heroics, not whine about them.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by geonexus
    Sigh. This is why i hate people like you. BEING A TANK DOESN'T MAKE YOU GOD OK? Go act like a pampered little princess on someone elses time not on the time of the people waiting 1-30 minutes for a queue so to hear you bragging about how everyone should be grateful that you are a tank and that they aren't. I tank on my dk and paladin and i don't act like a sniveling brat who wants people to suck up to him cause he learned how to push a few buttons and rolled the right class. Being a tank is NOT hard when it comes to heroics and saying people bitch you out cause you are a tank is really just you crying that you think everyone should treat you better than others. I have never once acted like i was the god of the group and that the lesser beings known as the dps should bow before my awesomeness because i get 30 second queues on my paladin/dk.

Bottom line is STOP ACTING LIKE YOU ARE SPECIAL BECAUSE YOU ARE DEFINITELY NOT.
    Sigh. This is why I hate people like you. You can't actually comprehend what you are reading.

Re-read the post to understand why I'm laughing at you.

Seriously, how BAD can you be acting to make raid hardened tanks not want to queue?

I've had dps pull 2 random groups or entire first halves of instances without upsetting me, what can these dps be doing? If they're on an unmarked target, these veteran tanks you're speaking of should know where their taunt button is. What are you doing marking a target anyways in a heroic? You can just grind into them with no thought whatsoever.

AFKing? Who even NOTICES Afking? Half the time it feels like the dps is afk anyways, why would I even notice? How does this affect your tanks? You're still pulling and stuff is still dying, just because the DK doing 1100 dps isn't here, that doesn't mean a thing.

Sorry, but this is a stupid argument :P Good tanks deal with situations in heroics, not whine about them.
    Yeah I normally que up with a guildie healer...and my rule is if any dps intentionally pulls additional groups I haven't pulled I won't even bother taunting off them until that dps dies. I think they would learn rather quickly.

I love to tank heroics. But the amount of grief I get from retarded DPS because, they are trying to epeen meters drives me nuts.

If DPS had a bit more of a care for letting me get aggro on a group the mobs up before they spam the 1 button AOEs that make them hard. Things would go a lot smoother.

I actually want to tank heroics, but the stress and hassle of doing it makes dialys more worthwhile. As I can solo everything except PoS, FoS, and HoR. I don't actually need the hassle of you DPSing mobs before I hit them. If you want me to tank heroics more. Which I am more than happy to do. You need to learn how aggro actually works. Or I just wont bother.

Its not me being an elitest douchbag. Or anything like that. Its just me wanting to enjoy heroics. Which with many groups I do. Its just the meter spamming AOE hungry DPS douchbags that make me want to spit blood.

They don't whine about them. They just stop doing them. It's not an argument, it's an observation. Not all mind you, but some do. When the gear and emblems aren't that important anymore, why would they put up with people when they don't have to? They just want their two frost, and waiting an extra 20 minutes to get them is an acceptable tradeoff to putting up with people if they only have to do it once.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx
    You must have one helluva slow computer if it takes 20 minutes to load WoW.

And i hate people like YOU because YOU are the ones who make this game miserable. You're arguing with someone who's trying to make the game better for everyone, and have this high and mighty attitude. The OP's trying to make the game better for everyone, yet you run in, firework in each hand telling everyone to sod off because "maeking gaem gud is bad".

If you wanna help, just don't say any fucking thing when you're in heroics. Rather than bitching at the tank, healer or another DPS, just shut the fuck up, do the heroic, get your emblems, and fuck off.

I suppose you're the typical WotLK rolling player though; Arrogant and not open to other's suggestions, thinking that current raiding is the pinnacle of WoW, and thinking that you're special because "omg mummy i killed marrowgar".

No offense, but using 2 people instead of 5 means only 2 peoples time is "wasted".
    Dude the op is basically telling everyone to suck up to tanks. I don't have a high and mighty attitude i just don't like people who act like they are god because they are playing a specific roll that they chose to play. I have never bitched at a tank and in case you didn't read i have 2 tanks so i know there are some people who are rude to you. Just ignore those people don't go making threads bitching at the "DPS" because a few of them are assholes. The dps/tank ration is roughly the same as the asshole dps/tank ration in other words while there are more asshole dps it is just because there are more of them not because the tanks are saints. Also i joined in TBC didn't do much end game raiding as our guild was recovering from near collapse. I am open to other people's suggestions just not when they ask people to suck up to them cause they think they are god. Also i don't think WOTLK raiding is the hardest thing ever. Thanks for making yourself look like an ass for that last sentence though.

They don't whine about them. They just stop doing them. It's not an argument, it's an observation. Not all mind you, but some do. When the gear and emblems aren't that important anymore, why would they put up with people when they don't have to? They just want their two frost, and waiting an extra 20 minutes to get them is an acceptable tradeoff to putting up with people if they only have to do it once.
    Why do the dungeon in the first place if you can't put up with people for the whopping 15 minutes it takes to do a heroic? If frost badges aren't that important, why are they even there? And if you can't deal with idiots for 15 minutes to get something you want, their lives must be pretty insular.

All I think is that these tanks must not be used to raiding in the first place. Whether they are "ICC25 geared" or not, I don't think I would want them in my guild if they can't handle tanking a heroic because dps attack "the wrong target"
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira
    It's a lot simpler than the op makes it look. Hybrids: stop refusing to do heroics as anything other than dps.
    This doesn't make sense, what tank isn't a hybrid?

I haven't had issues on my tank like the one's I've read here, but from what I've read there are real problems. I agree with the OP and people really are cutting off their nose to spite their face when they berate tanks for one mistake.

In heroics there's not many mistakes DPS could make that could wipe the group, so I'm sure most of the people complaining when a tank makes one mistake, are fking up all the time. Just nobody notices.