View Poll Results: Where are the points best spend?

Voters
33. This poll is closed
  • Prot (for Divine Sacrifice and Divine Guardian)

25 75.76%
  • Ret (for additional critical strike chance)

8 24.24%
    15+ Year Old Account

Where should Holy Paladins put their remaining points?

Should a Paladin put his points in Protection or in Retribtuion and why. Also, are there boss fights for which one of the trees is cleary better?
    Statix will suffice.

Re: Where should Holy Paladins put their remaining points?

>232ilvl gear into ret

after that into prot

Quote Originally Posted by Statix
    Should a Paladin put his points in Protection or in Retribtuion and why. Also, are there boss fights for which one of the trees is cleary better?
    Prot, all the way. It provides way more raid utility (though some is lost depending on tanking setup) than going down the Ret tree.

15+ Year Old Account

Is there actually any boss at all where putting your points in Retribution is better than putting your points into Protection, or is the combination of Divine Guardian and Divine Sacrifice to good to leave untaken?
    Statix will suffice.

Is there actually any boss at all where putting your points in Retribution is better than putting your points into Protection, or is the combination of Divine Guardian and Divine Sacrifice to good to leave untaken?
    The latter.

If you are raiding ICC in any way, shape, or form, and are properly geared for/from it, the only thing worthwhile for you in Ret is Pursuit of Justice.

Don't get me wrong, PoJ is an amazing talent, but DS/DG is just too good to pass up. Tuskarr's can partially make up for the loss of PoJ, making it even more worthwhile to go sub-Prot.

But anyways, with the amount of crit you're generally sporting while raiding ICC in proper gear, Ret just isn't worth it.

This is a difficult question that hasn't been answered a billion times before and cannot be determined by looking at threads in the Helpful Topics stickied at the top of this forum.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Dreamwalker if you are taking portals (as you should be). Otherwise, for the love of all that is good, stop gimping your raid so you can overheal some more.

God, I don't even know why I'm responding in a real manner to the drivel that is this topic. I feel dirty.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    I feel dirty.
    Dirty lil Paladin, aintcha?

I think that going deep in protection to get Divine Guardian is best that going in Ret for Convinction/Benediction(that are anyway useful) because you get Sacred Shield upgraded(100% more duration+ 20% more dmg absorbed) and more raid utilities

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    This is a difficult question that hasn't been answered a billion times before and cannot be determined by looking at threads in the Helpful Topics stickied at the top of this forum.
    Both here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-pa...ly%27s-armory/

And here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-pa...guide-and-faq/

are reasonable places to start. Now, if you happen to disagree and want to make a topic on why you feel one is better than the other and provide substantial evidence for one over the other, then feel free to.