Crit/Spirit > Haste?

I was just wondering...with Haste being so close to SP for Shadow Priest, why does the BiS list suggest so many Crit/Spirit pieces over Haste pieces?
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Re: Crit/Spirit > Haste?

Dunno if this is still valid but in TBC there was specific way to manage haste as SP. You needed only that much haste which will allow you to cast 3x Mind Flay between Mind Blast cooldown.

What? I just checked the BiS, for the most part, the BiS is crit/haste. Plus, there is no generalization for Spriest(and most classes), and if something more PP than another, it will be ranked higher on the BiS. Simply saying Hit(til cap)>Haste>Crit>Spi is a horrible way to go at since literally, every piece has at least 2 of those stats on it. You are panicking about nothing, settle down.

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    You are panicking about nothing, settle down.
    Who's panicking? I was just asking a question. :P

The BiS list has 264 Bonespike rated higher than 258 Tel'Thas (10man LK dagger).

Bonespike gains:

59 Spi (So 29 SP)
    8 Crit (0.17%)
    40 Spell power

So 69 SP and .2% crit > 2% Haste (65 haste)

By PP, it should only be a little better, but the BiS has it ranked much higher than Tel'Thas.
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm

Quote Originally Posted by Wrata
    Dunno if this is still valid but in TBC there was specific way to manage haste as SP. You needed only that much haste which will allow you to cast 3x Mind Flay between Mind Blast cooldown.
    That is not valid at all any more. In The Burning Crusade, our DoTs didn't scale with haste at all.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    That is not valid at all any more. In The Burning Crusade, our DoTs didn't scale with haste at all.
    Exactly. I've already got enough haste for that, anyways. 30% Haste coupled with T10 4pc = 1.8 sec MF cast (in raid). Good enough for getting 3 between a MB.

The thing a lot of people miss about scale values in BiS lists: They're completely irrelevant to anything and everything. There is no gear combination that can increase DPS further, so how much DPS 1 point of Haste would give is inconsequential. So, when you see BiS scale factors showing Haste equal, or even above.

Though, where are you getting your BiS list? Lat I saw the BiS list has like 1150 haste, 1246 crit and only 346 spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Though, where are you getting your BiS list?
    http://www.shadowpriest.com/viewtopic.php?p=201757

Quote Originally Posted by Vook
    Who's panicking? I was just asking a question. :P

The BiS list has 264 Bonespike rated higher than 258 Tel'Thas (10man LK dagger).

Bonespike gains:

59 Spi (So 29 SP)
    8 Crit (0.17%)
    40 Spell power

So 69 SP and .2% crit > 2% Haste (65 haste)

By PP, it should only be a little better, but the BiS has it ranked much higher than Tel'Thas.
    You're comparing 2 items with different itemization points, so it is completely useless. Plus, you're exaggerating greatly. Frozen BoneSpike 264 is only 4 above Tel'Thas, and those in between are healer/PvP weapons, so essentially, bonespike is just above tel'thas. If you take everything out that is PvP or a healer item off that list, you'll get Royal Scepter > Bonespike > Tel'thas.

if you actually compare items of the same item level, yes, haste>crit>spirit. What you neglected though is that Spell power is greater than them all, and the higher itemization weapons scale very fast on spell power, but little on other stats.

you want to maximize PP while maintaining hit cap. if you just picked #1 on all the bis items you would probably only have the 50ish hit rating you get from the ring. so individual PP ratings mean nothing unless you are already hit capped. ie, if you're hit capped and you want to replace something on the #5 bis list, #4,3,2,1 will all be better. if you are under hit cap and #7 has hit on it, it may actually be better to replace your #5 with it.

spirit is only worth .6 pp because of the glyph, the one spirit -> sp talent, improved spirit tap and blessing of kings. it takes more crit rating than haste to get to the 1% value. this is why sp = haste > crit > spirit.

there is no diminishing returns from crit for a spriest.

they're gonna add more spirit do the dps gear later in wotlk.. since spirit is kinda worth as dps aswell, SP yo!
    But im main focused improve my haste, and in icc it is kinda hard to get haste, so i roll with some healinggear aswell since they're added spirit/haste healing, crit/hit in dps, sux tbh.