LF advice on Valithria Dreamwalker

My guild's been stuck on dreamwalker for two weeks now, keep getting her to around 80% at about 5.5 minutes in, and at that point the adds start to get out of hand killing off our dps. we're using the kill order of 1. skellys that lay waste, 2. suppressors, 3. lil KT lookin mages, 4. zombies, 5. aboms/rotworms. Our raid comp consists of a feral tank, 2 trees, a resto shaman, 2 locks, 1 rogue, 1 fury warr, 1 mage, and 1 holy paladin. Im the holy pally; (im also the guild's offtank, so theres really no chance of 2 tanking this fight) me and our best tree go in the first two portals to get stacks, i beacon the boss and spam raid with Holy lights, tree focuses on the dragon, while the shaman and other tree concentrate on raid healing. we blow lust after 2 portals and stay out for the duration of lust, but everytime at 5.5 minutes the adds just get crazy. is there something we're doing wrong?
    ...been reading these forums for months and never felt like posting before, but i couldnt find any posts with this same problem. Any advice, corrections to our strategy, or tips that would be beneficial?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: LF advice on Valithria Dreamwalker

Not sure, but going into every portal to keep your stack up is better then staying out for BL

1. u need to go inside all the time and pick up as much bubles as posible
    2. One of the trees should go moonkin or something because your dps is to low, and that is why u get overcrowded.
    3. pop hero after u leave portal and u got atleast 50 stacks, but if u dont finish fight untill then , dont let stacks expire, just go in and pick up more.

GL

You, as holy paladin, MUST go into the portal, losing massive hps of paladin on this fight is just retarded. I assume you are talking about 10 man, my guild is doing it with 3 healers - tree and 2 holy paladins, paladins go into the portal, tree goes raid healing.
    As for your setup, I'd rather have you and resto shaman go into portals, since you got massive crits, making it easier. If you need, you can also take 1 of trees.
    Also your dps is very low if you are getting overcrowded with adds that soon, so either have 3 healers only or have 3 healers running into portals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Might be better off with you and the shammie in there instead of the tree. I know on my shaman I hit about 35k hps on 25 man just spamming healing wave on boss with a few rips, earth shield, and healing stream. (very useful with stacks as the boss gets hit by lay waste, the lich's aoe bolt, and the zombie explosion if close). Just let your shammie know he/she needs to recast earth shield and healing stream as his stacks go up. It heals the boss for massive amounts once you approach 40 stacks and the healing stream will help keep the raid alive.

If you plan it well...Your tree heals raid, your shammie heals boss unless raid gets overwhelmed and you stay on boss the entire time.

Number one thing on the fight though is don't let your stacks drop. You and you shaman (baring raid overwhelmed) need to take a portal every time to succeed. I'd also suggest, 1 tank, 6 deeps, 3 heals for it.

1. BL after only 2 portals is way too soon, ideally you want to wings at the start, stack clouds to the 40-50 range, then pop wings again stacked with BL (you'll evetually get a feel
    of exactly when you can finish he fight, our paladin just calls out on vent when to lust)

2. I'd say switch the second tree to dps, and move the second tree out of the portals. 1 holy paladin is enough for 10m, and 5 1/2 minutes is pretty quick to get overwhelmed so the dps is needed.

thanks for the replies! i was thinking about bringing the shaman in everytime, the reason we didnt is because he is the least geared of the raid makeup, but i guess its hard to mess up stacking buffs and single target spam healing! meanwhile the tree we take in is our best healer... so im thinking he should be staying out to help with the raid, while the boomkin can help dps and tie up adds for better control. thanks a ton for the advice! sadly i gotta wait till sunday before our next raid night...

50? We usually chain 5 portals, lust, and she's up. As other's have said the shaman is MUCH better getting in the portals, and there is a thread your shaman should check about about maxxing vali HPS.

1 tank and 1 healer outside is what you need to use, then adjust the other 8 people around as needed.

DPS really good? use 2 or maybe 3 healers in portals to end the fight faster.

have a really good holy pally? have him solo heal the boss and use 7 DPS.

however if your group is 100% unchangable id say; have 3 healers go inside, tank picks up the aboms, have 1 ranged kite the zombies, rest of DPS focus on killing the other 3 types of adds and aboms when nothign else is up. the aboms dont hurt so long as you keep the tank cleansed.

also resto shammies are right behind holy pallies healing on this fight. they have a talent that heals the lowest health person for 40% of their heal when they crit. this effect double dips and at around 35-40 stacks will actually heal more then the original heal.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

You really want two tanks for it. Assign one tank and melee to each side with ranged in the middle. One healer stays outside while the rest take every portal.

Quote Originally Posted by LeperHerring
    You really want two tanks for it. Assign one tank and melee to each side with ranged in the middle. One healer stays outside while the rest take every portal.
    we tried this and we're still running into the same 5 and 1/2 minute add issue... the problem is I am the only holy pally and the only one other than our MT with a tanking spec in the raid comp. When we have two tanks we still wipe roughly around the same time, but about 12% less health on the boss. Im thinking we should do much better having one tree go boom, the other tree heal raid and the holy pally and resto shaman hit every portal. just gotta wait till sunday to get it right...

When we did it we used a priest shaman and a Druid(me), as a tree it's pretty easy to solo heal the raid while the dragon gets healed

Quote Originally Posted by Playbyplay26
    we tried this and we're still running into the same 5 and 1/2 minute add issue... the problem is I am the only holy pally and the only one other than our MT with a tanking spec in the raid comp. When we have two tanks we still wipe roughly around the same time, but about 12% less health on the boss. Im thinking we should do much better having one tree go boom, the other tree heal raid and the holy pally and resto shaman hit every portal. just gotta wait till sunday to get it right...
    The boss should be healed up by 5.5 mins. Your healers must be getting their stacks dropped, which really can't happen. Resto shaman and holy pally taking every portal and only healing the boss with a tree druid outside healing the raid is a good setup, but doing this with one tank sounds bad. One tank won't be able to control the adds as effectively as two -> more raid damage -> more raid healing -> less boss healing.

You should be taking portals untill around 40+ stacks which is around 85%

then lust and stay out the rest of the fight.

2 ports and lust is a waste of lust and a waste of a ton of stacks.

If the fights lasting over 5:50 then your not healing the dragon fast enough.

Your not healing the dragon fast enough becaue you're not taking all the portals

Enough said.

thanks for the tips, got her down no probs last night.