Poll: Are you fed up with Enhancement Stat MinMaxing?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Who else is tired of Enhancement Stat MinMaxing?

Rawr does not handle the Black Bruise correctly. You must use enhsim if you want to see accurate results for it.

And yes I'm incredibly tired with the stat min/maxing. I don't want to do maths, I want to play a fucking game and have some fun. I don't think it will ever change because there will always be people obsessed with eeking out the absolute max dps or whatever, but it's annoying and tiresome that all this theorycrafting has become so essential to playing the game. Gaming should be a leisure activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley
    at the end of tbc, i used enhsim frequently, but when it came to wotlk, i got tired of simming every piece of gear.

i know an enhance fella on my realm who buyed wodins lucky neglace for >10k just for a ~7-10dps upgrade.

at some point, i just lose the interest to continue tuning my gear.

-know your exp/hit caps, haste/ap after that ( matter of preferrence ) and with high ilvl gear start worrying over crit-cap
    -know your priority list
    -know what gear you want to have
    -give your best and have fun raiding

and fuck the rest

works out for me.
    pretty much my feelings on it anymore... I wanna just have fun

Doing less dps just becouse you are using ap instead haste gems is fun?

I guess i would'nt say that I'm sick of it but I am. I really don't like the peaks and valleys that come with potential upgrades. I recently got what I thought were 2 upgrades and they did sim higher but I saw a 500 dps lose on the same fight from the previous week. Sure there are tons of factors that could go into this but it just makes me sad. Sure I'm not in a top guild but with enhance shamans having to work so much harder to remain competive in dps I try to do anything i can to do my best. But I'd have to say I'm happy that there are these 2 addons out there because I have yet to raid with any enhance shaman that does better then me on my server to ask them for any advice. Not that its saying much on my server really but ya. you do have to be a Hardcore badass to be Enhance shaman so I guess to play this class we will always have to sim our butts off for a chance to stay in the top 5 of anything. Got to love it!

10+ Year Old Account

This thread is silly. Yes pople are tired of it, but if you are thinking of stopping, then why do you continue to play the class? Enhance shaman is a DPS class. If you're not going to do every bit of DPS that you can, then you should move on. I hate simming every time I get a new piece, but it's not going to stop me from doing it!
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

If you don't like it that much reroll. Sure it can be a bit tedious at times, but if you care enough you'll do it. I personally like it. Blizzard already dumbs this game down for casuals, and now they're removing ArP because it's too "mathy" (Yes, it's not the only reason they're removing it, but it was a big factor). We're not the only class that requires a bit of math to gear either.

Quote Originally Posted by fishleg
    Doing less dps just becouse you are using ap instead haste gems is fun?
    Playing the game more instead of simming is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphie
    Playing the game more instead of simming is fun.
    I wouldn't have fun if I didn't know my enh shaman was as bad ass as can be because I sim my toon.

Look, I wasn't trying to start some grand war between sides, I just wanted to know if I was the only one that felt this way.

So calling for my reroll or claiming how casuals are ruining the game is just rediculous. I've played an enhancement shaman for 4.5 years now, since from when running an enhance spec in a MC/UBRS raid was tantamount to suicide. I know this class inside and out, and claim I can play the class in my sleep (and have a few times, shhh...).

My point was, if your hit/exp capped, stack AP and Haste, using proper weapons and spell priority, etc., why should it matter if I decide not to constantly check my sim values? Especially if the amount of DPS we're talking about is the differential equivilent of sneezing and missing half a GCD.

Anyway, I'm done with this, I've gotten the answer I sought. I'm not bashing anyone who chooses to sim away to thier heart's content. To each his/her own. I've just reached a point I wanna just play the game and not stress out over sim values.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDragoonLord
    Look, I wasn't trying to start some grand war between sides, I just wanted to know if I was the only one that felt this way.

So calling for my reroll or claiming how casuals are ruining the game is just rediculous. I've played an enhancement shaman for 4.5 years now, since from when running an enhance spec in a MC/UBRS raid was tantamount to suicide. I know this class inside and out, and claim I can play the class in my sleep (and have a few times, shhh...).

My point was, if your hit/exp capped, stack AP and Haste, using proper weapons and spell priority, etc., why should it matter if I decide not to constantly check my sim values? Especially if the amount of DPS we're talking about is the differential equivilent of sneezing and missing half a GCD.

Anyway, I'm done with this, I've gotten the answer I sought. I'm not bashing anyone who chooses to sim away to thier heart's content. To each his/her own. I've just reached a point I wanna just play the game and not stress out over sim values.

I wouldn't take it to heart. From how it appears, most of the people trying to talk down to you aren't truly talking about min/maxing to begin with. It appears they believe you only plug into rawr with that upgrade vs your current set, and completely ignoring the part where true min maxing would involve a lot more work than a single plug and play with rawr.

If you are at least using proper stats/gems/rotations, then you are doing fine, as many have already said before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

Could you provide an armory link and WWS? Matching up your gear and logs should determine if you are pulling your weight more than if you should gem haste or ap, that's secondary.

You're either carrying a raider or being carried by a fellow raider. Min/maxing is the only way to assure you're doing the most that you can, so that you're a carrier and not along for the ride.

15+ Year Old Account

Hmm some thoughts on this,

Haste is absent from lots of gear till you start getting icc gear again. Meaning you cant really do anything except putting haste gems over ap+crit gems (as long as you have the luxury of hit/exp cap from gear).

I personally loved armor penetration, i still love it but haste is dominant again bleh.

Yes minmaxing stats at gem level or for one item plus or minus is not really fun anymore because, exactly as you said, at 8k-9k single dps the 50 dps difference doesn't really matter. The only thing it matters is your dps of every raid member, to be over 8k+ so that you forget about dps wipes.

For example, i had and still have, some 226 and 232 item level gear. I stopped raiding with my guild last August, i play some semi random raids with my 18+ wow friends who prefer to play casually together than find raiding guilds. We were on 10man exclusively but since VoA 25, Sartharion 25, Ony 25 and ToC25 things were easier for semi pugs . Anyway, the gear i have doesn't matter if it has haste as long as i get a brand new 251+ ilvl gear. If i can stabilize the hit/exp loss/profit with gems i don't really care for haste loss at the moment.

In the end all enha shamans will have 4 set 25man lvl gear, 1 25man item (on either legs/helm/chest/shoulder/gloves), Neck/Cloak/Rings/Trinkets/Totem/Weapons from 25man ICC. Now really tell me, how many weapons are there for enha shaman at icc25? How many trinkets will you get your hands on? Cloaks? Necks? Rings? I don't think there are too many to choose from in ICC25 guys, theorycrafting for such a few item choices is really diminishing, this is the evil work of Blizzard streamlining down choices and the stats (at cataclysm) to make the game simpler.....

That is what i believe at this point.