Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: We have hit a wall in the Professor Putricide fight!

Some awesome information here! Thanks for the help and I will refer my raid members to this thread.

It is essential that no one hits the vials that he drops. If hit, several members can get the debuff which basically stops all of their dps for like 15 seconds.

One tactic you can use, is when he is kited about half way around the room, ranged can sort of move to the center of the room that way they don't have to keep moving with the boss and can just go all out (easier for ranged to dps is without moving)
    Fury warrior - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malfurion&n=Sogord

Also if you are having an Heroism, it is much better to wait for about halfway into the Phase 3 to use it. It will help greatly the healers, just make sure you warn the dps so they can also pop theirs CDs at the same time as Hero. Many raid will be tempted to use Hero at the start on Phase 3, which isn't the best way to use it.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Durotan&n=Aardrelore

My best advice for you would be this:

The fight is very doable with 2 healers, unless they aren't very good. This is how you should do it.

If you have more than one melee dps, just stack on the green slime spawn point for the entire fight and let them soak a green explosion if needed, it means oozes die a lot faster AND melee get alot more dps time on boss.

Save heroism and CDs, obviously, for phase 3.

Be VERY careful about changing phases with an ooze/slime spawning. Always best to stop dpsing at about 36.5% and killing an extra one, because you won't get a slow in phase 3.

Make sure melee stand at max hitbox range. The gas bombs always drop right next to the boss, so they shouldn't get the hit debuff.

make sure your tanks are swapping on 2 stacks, not 4, so raid damage builds more slowly (2,2,4,4)
    Who is Chris Metzen? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Zarhym tell it, anybody could have worked for Metzen. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that... poof! He's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosham
    Making sure you get a clean transistion into P3 is key when first doing this fight, otherwise you will find your first tank already has probably 2 stacks of the debuff by the time your DPS gets up to full speed. On that, what comp is your raid group?

Also what strategy do you employ to deal with the stacks on the tanks? As the more stacks they have, the higher AOE dmg is done to the raid, best method is 2 stacks on each tank, then 4, then 5, which should be healable through with relative ease, even more so with 3 healers. Of course if your healers feel up to it, rock with 2 healers and that extra DPS should help.

Slightly better with the stacks is this

Tank 1 - 1
    Tank 2 - 2
    Tank 1 - 3
    Tank 2 - 4
    taunting every 2, just not waiting for 2 on the first tank. Not a big difference, but if a group is close this may help.

It shouldn't really matter though, if you are getting to 5/5 and still at 6-10%, something is wrong. In 10man if people are dieing to just the AE, either the healers are just not doing their job or dps is getting hit with things they shouldn't(goo, sitting by flasks, sitting in slime). 4/4 is very healable, 5/5 will be challengeing, 6+ will mean deaths.

Taunting a bajillion times in the fight is silly.

Tank picks up / Gets 2 Stacks > Taunt / Gets 4 Stacks > Taunt

By that time, the fight should be over. 2 Taunts.

Not sure why everyone is complicating it needlessly. Taunting every stack? Taunting at 2, then 2, then 3, then 3, then 4, then 4? What? Why?

Dps can't get hit by goo/flasks, don't run behind putricide and you've got a win. Still say 3 healers 5 dps is the easiest, most controlled way to do the fight.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

For even more dps, save vanish/invisibility for when he casts the raidwide stun, then dps him whilst the rest of the noobs are standing there like idiots!

Quote Originally Posted by Talisin
    Myself as a tree and a Holy Pally have successfully two healed Putri for the last couple of weeks. Its quite doable with two healers if your raid is aware of where they are standing as well as the tanks taunting often to avoid high stacks. Like someone above me posted, the dps should not be running with putri if possible, it will lower dps considerably. But at the same time be aware if they are gonna get trapped by goo out of range from him towards the end of the fight.
    yes, I have in fact never been doing it with more than 2 healers. the same setup as you, holy pally, resto druid.

The last phase should be doable if you can manage to do the other phases, can you tell us about the dmg? as in, how much do you have left on the enrage timer.
    But really, I think your problem can only be the mal goo from the boss. that is pretty much the only way that people die while both healers are alive.

If I remember correctly, on a few fights we were well ahead of enrage timer. Most of the fights it seems we had real good chances to down him before enrage. A few, probably had no chance to kill him before enrage.

Here is our raid comp for those interested: (Resto Druid, Holy Pally), (Blood DK, Fury War), (Prot Pally, Feral Druid), and (Arcane Mage, Affliction Lock, Elemental Shammy, Survival Hunter).

I know something for sure we are not doing. I know everyone is usually stunned at P3 transition and no deeps is going on other than DOTs. I know after stun we are waiting on boss to come all the way across the room back to raid. I am pretty sure tanks are taunting at 4 stacks all the way. I know for sure we are not timing adds and P3 properly but relying on luck. we need to change this stuff and I think we can dooooo it!

thx.

I understand some peoples urge to wait to use BL/Hero til halfway through P3 but I personally have used it everytime P3 begins to get the most dps out of it. Because honestly who knows if a dps will die to a freak accident during the phase and you be down a dps or two. IMO its much safer to use it right off. And 2 healing i find is good if your confident in your healers or you are concerned about beating the enrage. And did you say your tauting when the first tank gets 4 stacks then let the 2nd tank build up 4 stacks?
    Invisible fire is scary fire- Capt_jesus

All too often people who offer advice on a fight never see the benfit of that advice. Well, my guild and myself would like to thank everyone who posted to this thread! ;D Why are we thanking you? We downed PP using some of the advice here and we did it with no deaths and 2.5 minutes left on enrage. Thanks again and happy gaming! 8)

grats Canen.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Canen
    All too often people who offer advice on a fight never see the benfit of that advice. Well, my guild and myself would like to thank everyone who posted to this thread! ;D Why are we thanking you? We downed PP using some of the advice here and we did it with no deaths and 2.5 minutes left on enrage. Thanks again and happy gaming! 8)
    Congrats.

I didn't offer any (cause by the time I got to it...the best had been given), but it's always great to see it pay off.