Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Spreist Profession

Quote Originally Posted by eErike
    I have JC/ench myself but I must say that it is not the best combo.
    I would go for tailoring as the back enchant is neat.

btw, the best combos are:
    BS/JC
    or
    Engi/JC
    or
    Engi/BS
    There's no combo for professions other than stuff like "Alchemy/Inscription and Herbalism" or "Blacksmithing and mining". You receive the same amount of stat + with Blacksmithing as you do with Enchanting.

But some, such as tailoring and engineering, provide increases other than the standard stat increase that most prof's provide.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

Engineering will not reforge your cloth gear. If anything it will be limited to trinkets/ranged.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon
    Honestly, I would not be surprised if they went the other way with it. Considering they are focusing more on utility than throughput as evidenced by their revamp of the talent trees, I could see there being a proc for almost everything. Spellpower, Haste, Attack power, Mana Regen, Armor, and a few other things. That would make the profession more attractive to everyone while still keeping the "flavour" of the profession (back enchant procs).
    I'm seeing this as more likely than changing the Spellpower proc from Lightweave Embroidery to anything else. But I suppose it is true that we don't really know exactly what is happening with the Professions in general. However, as Tailoring has always been suited towards clothies, I'm assuming it'll still at least have it's Spellpower proc.

And, as others have said, with Tailoring you're self-sufficient enough to reforge your own gear: a nice bonus. That's exactly why I enjoy having Enchanting at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Elothie
    All proffs will provide reforging and I imagine they will balance them so there is no bis proff.
    Actually, each prof will only be able to reforge one type of gear, so for casters wanting to reforge on their own, Tailoring will be best,

I think the best professions in terms of Pseudo power would be BS/JWC.

I raid in an end-game guild, I used to have Engi/Tailor but i changed tailor for Inscription. In icc, there are many fights where you benefit from different glyphs. I like carrying a stack of glyph of dispersion, glyph of sw and glyph of mind sear for the Lk and just swap those for almost no cost. Plus, Inscription is good money and you get a second heartstone.

I would personnaly grab Engi/Alch. Engi because of the haste buff, pyro rockets ftw when pvping. Rocket boots, parachute, saronite bombs, mail box, repair bots, northrend mole, and what not. Alch for the extra hour on flask, altho flasks dropped on my server from 30g to 15-17g per, since the lotus drop rate buff.

While leveling, get your self a gathering profession and keep the mats for a later use. Afterall, you won't be needing 2 raiding professions right away when you hit 80. You'll have plenty of time to farm gold to buy the mats for any profession you want.

So you dropped tailoring, which has the highest Pseudo-Power of any caster, period, to pick up a hearthstone and some gold? Really?

I mean, really really?
    Anyone can carry a stack, go to your bloody Auction House or get other people to make them for you. Gold? Really?
    Second Hearthstone?

What the hell is wrong with some of these people? ???
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti
    So you dropped tailoring, which has the highest Pseudo-Power of any caster, period, to pick up a hearthstone and some gold? Really?

I mean, really really?
    Anyone can carry a stack, go to your bloody Auction House or get other people to make them for you. Gold? Really?
    Second Hearthstone?

1. I used to arena, id rather have base pp than procs, nothing sucks more than getting feared, cc'ed, must get out of sform at the same time it procs.

2. High internal cd on the lightweave embroidery. It gives you an average of 70pp (i believe) vs 43pp for inscription. Yes inscription gives you bis shoulder chants, not only a HS and gold.

3. Since my rogue partner quit, i stopped pvping. My ospec is disco pve. Again, the mana proc is useless. I never go oom.

4. Please think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti

I mean, really really?
    Second Hearthstone?

Were can you see that tailoring have the highest PP value...?
    Engineering 60
    Jewelcrafting 48
    Blacksmithing 46
    Leatherworking 46
    Enchanting 46
    Inscription 46
    Alchemy 46
    Tailoring 44

Is what I know...

Tailoring has a 74, because of Lightweave's proc duration, uptime, and the strength of the effect.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Were can you see that tailoring have the highest PP value...?
    Engineering 60
    Jewelcrafting 48
    Blacksmithing 46
    Leatherworking 46
    Enchanting 46
    Inscription 46
    Alchemy 46
    Tailoring 44

Is what I know...
    Please provide how they were calculated, otherwise I call bullshit, because I know Tailoring/Eng is the best combo...

Edit 2: You forgot something
    This is how many spell power equivalent points each profession is worth. Keep in mind, engineering also gives you the very useful rocket boots, and the value of tailoring/engineering increases massively if the fight length lines up well with your 45 second ICD.

Edit: Will be doing calculations in a bit...

• Eng:
      • (340 haste x 12 sec) / 60 Min * 0.98PP = 66.64 PP from hand - (28 SP * 1PP) = 38.64 PP increase from hands
      • 24 crit * 0.76PP = 18.24 PP from boots - (12 crit *0.76PP) = 9.12 PP increase from boots
      • 27 SP * 1PP = 27PP from back - (23 Haste * 0.98PP) = 4.46 PP
      increase from back
      • Total: 52.22 PP + Frag Belt
      So Eng seems right...

JC, BS, LW, Ench, Inscript, Alchemy are all correct, and all are simple calculations. Tailoring is way off.

Tailoring: Assuming there is a chance to proc is every 1.5s, so on average, it procs 2.86 casts, or 4.29s. In a 5 minute fight, the proc is activated 4.67 times, coming out to be 20664.75SP. This averages out to be 68.88SP, or 46.34 PP increase. So it is, at least, on par with the others, but the enchant actually increases in value as you gain more haste, so Tail/Eng is indeed, the best.

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    Please provide how they were calculated, otherwise I call bullshit, because I know Tailoring/Eng is the best combo...

Edit: Will be doing calculations in a bit...
    Taken dirr from EJ, don't do calcs anymore. Think I saw the same list on Shadowpriest.com to btw

Taken dirr from EJ, don't do calcs anymore. Think I saw the same list on Shadowpriest.com to btw
    Don't trust something unless the calculations are posted for everyone to see. It makes you look like an idiot blindly following a guide.

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    Don't trust something unless the calculations are posted for everyone to see. It makes you look like an idiot blindly following a guide.
    Don't say that others looks like idiots by just following a well know guide that more than 100 of users have controlled

Don't say that others looks like idiots by just following a well know guide that more than 100 of users have controlled
    I did not say that, I said if you blindly follow said guide, you'll look like an idiot. There is more to the the thread than the guide, and odds are, the rest of the thread is more up-to-date than the guide is.

The math is rarely checked by more than a handful of people, and not even always those have the necessary skills to actually validate the information.

Nor does the author, in quite a lot of cases (See the Feral-by-Night versus. Tun debate).

Common sense is the best way to applicate critics about what is good or what isn't. And in the topic of professions, it's safe to say they're all pretty much equal for PvE (Engineering provides some PvP extra benefits).

Blizzard things do, that's good enough for me. I couldn't care less about simulators providing a 1-2 dps difference.

Tailoring/Engi are the best dps wise.

Jc/Ench are the safest ones to have and are still almost very good.

With the homogenization of professions it does not matter that much, unless you are silly and going with a gathering one.

You will still see alot of world top spriests running with ench/jc as those were the best early wotlk professions, and with the current difficulty of raids they don't bother to minmax that much as in funwell

Yep, those are up in both places. You should look at the date on that information. That's well before the buffs to Tailoring and Engineering.

Lightweave: +295 SP for 15 seconds, 35% on cast, 60 second cooldown.
    Max uptime is 25%, average uptime is ~22%: 64.9 - 73.75 SP

The old EJ/SP.com calc is based on its original SP value, which was increased back in 3.1. The post was never updated.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Thunz
    I would personnaly grab Engi/Alch. Engi because of the haste buff, pyro rockets ftw when pvping. Rocket boots, parachute, saronite bombs, mail box, repair bots, northrend mole, and what not.
    This if you are aiming for world firsts.

Ensidia jokes aside, Engineering is the strongest DPS Boost. Also the rocket boots can be neat for repositioning on certain fights, and people really appreciate a Jeeves during long progress nights.

Engi got a great opening dps, but other proffesions catch up as the fight gets longer.
    As said before the difference is very low.