Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Ret Paladins and Shields

Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad
    i'm sorry i gotta ask, what class do you play? Your main please by the way. If you want you can say you've played any alt but i wanna know waht class/spec is your main.
    If you want to be bad and only hit 10 or less buttons on your classes that is your problem don't bug the mmo champion community with it.
    SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad
    i'm sorry i gotta ask, what class do you play? Your main please by the way. If you want you can say you've played any alt but i wanna know waht class/spec is your main.
    Disc/Shadow Priest why would you like to know there noobcakes?
    SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES SIGNATURE RULES

Quote Originally Posted by venom1234
    Since I am feeling generous I will even go through the buttons.
    You just listed buttons from all three specs, threw numbers in as abilities used "Dumb" as an ability, and piercing howl on a boss fight? REALLY? I'm disappointed in myself it took me this long to realize you must be a troll.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Since I am feeling generous I will even go through the buttons.

Let's take a "good" warrior for instance.

<cut>
    What I don't understand is why you took the time to write all that out. It's not like anyone reading it is going to care, and the ones that do are too mentally impaired to do anything but blindly rebuke.
    Solaron of <Old Guard>, Tichondrius US

Quote Originally Posted by elitistjerk
    ret pallies have 5 buttons? hmm

1. Judgement s----> Rotation
    2. Crusader strike ----> same as above
    3. Exorcism ----> Art of War proc
    4. Consecration ----> Rotation
    5. Divine storm ----> Rotation
    6. Hammer of wrath ----> Rotation
    7. Sacred shield ----> i havent seen any ret use this on Raid
    8. Hammer of justice/repentance (interrupts) ----> PVP use
    9. Cleanse -----> on a Raid a Ret dont need to cleanse only on PVP
    10. Freedom ----> Situational on a Raid a must on PVP
    11. Salvation ----> Situational on a Raid (Aggro is non a issue any more )
    12. Hand of Protection ----> Situational on Raid can be used on AoE dmg fights to negate dmg ( Twin Valkyr Door Strat )
    13. Divine sacrifice -----> Situational depends if you have specced for it as far as about Raiding.

And DI, wings, insta flashes, divine plea, the list goes on...
    mentioning DI that makes me laugh.

I lol at the concept of a SKILLED ret pally being a 3 button mashing faceroller. Any scrub baddie can roll a pally, level ret, farm heroics, rock T9 welfares and just be content w/ that. Any endgame raiding or high end arena retadin has far more on his plate. nuff said
    oh and btw with 4 set t10 rotation is easier than ever

Disc/Shadow Priest why would you like to know there noobcakes?
    I'd be slightly insulted as to you calling me noobcakes... but i read your list of abilites that classes use and you DIDN'T EVEN LIST SHIT FOR YOUR MAIN CLASS AND SPEC. Also you listed 3.... as 3 for warriors.... just come on bad troll is bad i thought you were just a mis informed player.... but i gotta go with a damn good troll.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Powell
    why equip a shield during bonestorm?
    the dmg is neglectable... and since marrowgars hitbox is so big its only wise to keep attacking while he swirls around, doing more dmg then when you have a shield.

it might be usefull in SOME situations, very few though.
    On heroic its not Bone-slap anymore its bone-will kill a mage in < 2.5storm

13k ticks when close to him on 25heroic 11k on 10 heroic now say you running 3 healers and one of the raid healers gets spikes for 10s or so you have 1 raid healers and 1 tank healer.... have fun with that if you don't blow a major defensive cd and pop shield out.

lock this thread, its gone off topic and there's a bunch of fail trolls in it.

This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Quote Originally Posted by Devlin1991
    On heroic its not Bone-slap anymore its bone-will kill a mage in < 2.5storm

13k ticks when close to him on 25heroic 11k on 10 heroic now say you running 3 healers and one of the raid healers gets spikes for 10s or so you have 1 raid healers and 1 tank healer.... have fun with that if you don't blow a major defensive cd and pop shield out.
    as long as you watch your cd with AV you should be able to keep your CD's up be it divine shield or Divine protection.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Aside from all this stupid faceroll,2-shot~ whatever nonsense.

Paladins dont have shield-related abilities like shield bash, shield block, spell reflect and their 'shield wall' does not need a shield. That makes switching to a shield much less important than it is for warriors.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Hi guys, my class uses more buttons than you and it makes me more pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Piscesthepally

As it is this thread would be better suited in the class forums and not in general. "grabs the troll poison and sprays"

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Xacez
    Hi guys, my class uses more buttons than you and it makes me more pro.
    no i am using 2 buttons + DPS macro I am pro....

To be perfectly honest Ret with 1 hander + shield loses more than a Warrior does and doesnt gain as much. Its like giving a clothie 2000 extra armor and saying "Tank the Lich King".
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

You know why so many people hate Ret paladins and say they are faceroll? It's not because they are deeply offended that Rets are faceroll, if people cared about that Arcane Mages would be bagged on just as much. It's because people who do shit dps and get out-dps'ed by a Ret Paladin makes himself feel better by saying that the Ret Paladin is a "noob". Yes, don't deny it, you hate Ret Paladins because the pink bar is higher than yours. It's not that Ret Paladins are faceroll, it's that you are bad.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Vuldin

Quote Originally Posted by laur0511
    cummunism is an utopia that cannot be applied to real life. fortunately, video games aren't real life; therefore it can be applied there, making things more fair.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

this.

Just sad to see how fast Ret thread derail in to trollfests.

Rofl @ the trolls in this thread, and the players who know nothing about other classes.

Shield is a lot less important for rets than it's for warriors. You don't got a GOOD use for it in PvE, but you can switch to it in PvP if you are getting nuked by TSG, warrs or rogues, since they do a lot phys. damage, even though rogues envenom deals a lot of magic damage, you still gain SOME resi & HP (if you got PvP shield & 1h).

15+ Year Old Account

I've only ever done it once to date. It was fairly recently during a PoS run, the mage stupidly didnt finish his Arcane Missiles cast with the brand, and gibbed the tank rather quickly. I taunted, whacked on my Sword and Shield and popped Divine Protection. The rest of the DPS managed to finish him off just before he would have killed me. I only did that to save the group from having to redo the boss, I would never do something like that in a raid to save the healers ~10secs of extra heals.
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained

Quote Originally Posted by Rykiel
    oh and btw with 4 set t10 rotation is easier than ever
    nice try, but faaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiilllllllllllllllll.

4t10 makes the rotation more fun and now requires you to watch your cooldowns way closer than before, putting it way in front of a lot of other classes in terms of effort.
    i say effort not difficulty. no spec is difficult in this game...

and btw i use every single one of those abilities mentioned above plus several others in every single icc25hc run.

go troll somewhere else please.

ot: no, swoard 'n board swapping is not worth it as ret in pve.
    ...just another dream within a dream...

It just really isnt posible to make a paladin thread anymore without some bad players who have got two shotted by a paladin in the past to reply with something unoriginal.