Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Patch 3.3.3 on Live Servers This Week

Quote Originally Posted by Dassen
    1 Frost Lotus for 1 Frozen Orb, great.
    There went the market of flasks. Oh let's all jump in joy.
    Exactly. Because of this one change I'm dropping Alch and picking up Engineering...they'll both be about equal in terms of moneymaking now.

Warrior tanks are getting sooooo much love in this patch !

AoE aggro megabuff !
    Single Target aggro / damage megabuff !
    Stamina megabuff !

Cannot believe they are going through with the frost mage buff.
    forumz addict :>

No paladin changes, really?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

World Event Bosses
    • Holiday bosses (such as Ahune for the Fire Festival) will now be accessible through the Dungeon Finder.
    • Players must use the Dungeon Finder or speak to special holiday NPCs in the world to queue up and access these bosses.
    • Upon accepting a queue for any holiday boss, the party will be ported directly to the necessary area for confronting that boss.
    • The previous summoning criteria for these bosses have been removed. Players can queue up for and fight each World Event boss as many times as they want for any standard loot that they may drop.
    • All rare holiday items (such as The Horseman's Reins) will have a chance of being found in holiday-themed loot troves which will drop once for each player in the party no more than once per day, in the same manner that doing the Random Dungeon daily quest will provide a specific reward the first time it is completed in a day.
    C'mon, why? World event bosses were one of the last reasons to actually travel around the world and put together groups the good old way. Now we get auto-grouped with a bunch of random idiots to be insta-teleported for a braindead zerg through some easy boss to get a loot bag. I've never really cared about vanity items and now I will care even less when pretty much everyone will have every vanity item from the world events. After these changes I'm unlikely to ever do the event bosses again.

Quote Originally Posted by LeperHerring
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

World Event Bosses
    • Holiday bosses (such as Ahune for the Fire Festival) will now be accessible through the Dungeon Finder.
    • Players must use the Dungeon Finder or speak to special holiday NPCs in the world to queue up and access these bosses.
    • Upon accepting a queue for any holiday boss, the party will be ported directly to the necessary area for confronting that boss.
    • The previous summoning criteria for these bosses have been removed. Players can queue up for and fight each World Event boss as many times as they want for any standard loot that they may drop.
    • All rare holiday items (such as The Horseman's Reins) will have a chance of being found in holiday-themed loot troves which will drop once for each player in the party no more than once per day, in the same manner that doing the Random Dungeon daily quest will provide a specific reward the first time it is completed in a day.
    C'mon, why? World event bosses were one of the last reasons to actually travel around the world and put together groups the good old way. Now we get auto-grouped with a bunch of random idiots to be insta-teleported for a braindead zerg through some easy boss to get a loot bag. I've never really cared about vanity items and now I will care even less when pretty much everyone will have every vanity item from the world events. After these changes I'm unlikely to ever do the event bosses again.
    Man I sure do love spamming "/2 DPS LFG Seasonal Boss, have summon" for an hour and then hopping on a long flight path to the ends of Azeroth

I sort of agree with person above me, but I do miss flying to the instance portal, I can't help but feel that I just play in a giant waiting room (Dalaran) now.
    I am the lucid dream

Man I sure do love spamming "/2 DPS LFG Seasonal Boss, have summon" for an hour and then hopping on a long flight path to the ends of Azeroth
    Get some friends to group with then. And yes, I like taking long trips around Azeroth for these events. It's not like everyone in the group had to do it now with the summoning stones. And it's only a seasonal boss, if you don't want to do it then don't! But I guess people like you won't be happy until Blizzard mails you all the new epics every patch day.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream
    I sort of agree with person above me, but I do miss flying to the instance portal, I can't help but feel that I just play in a giant waiting room (Dalaran) now.
    The solution here is obvious.

You can fly to the instance portal, then press 'I' to open the LFG tool and queue up. Then you can wait around outside the instance for the group to form.

Now you get the best of both, you can fly to far flung corners of Azeroth, and you can get a group easily for your Vanity gear.

I Really wish people would stop QQing about cool new features that are totally optional because they long for the good ol' days.

Get some friends to group with then. And yes, I like taking long trips around Azeroth for these events. It's not like everyone in the group had to do it now with the summoning stones. And it's only a seasonal boss, if you don't want to do it then don't! But I guess people like you won't be happy until Blizzard mails you all the new epics every patch day.
    Yes, becuase I realllllllly loved flying to Southshore for the 750th time, just to go to SFK and SM and then waiting for 10mins for the next person becuase everyone else couldn't be arsed.

If Dalaran has become a waiting room, leave it and go quest. No-one's stopping you. The LFD tool beats the HECK out of hanging round lower level instances waiting for someone to pass by. And it hasn't stopped people travelling to Tanaris to get the attunements to Caverns of Time at level 66 either, though Don Carlos' hat quest, where he has to be summoned before you start the instance, has possibly fallen by the wayside.

Purists can still have it their way. Wanting to do instances speedily and without an hour of trying to find similar people at similar stages is not wanting epics in the mail, tyvm. Stop abusing people who like using the tool to do this sort of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Faluzure
    I Really wish people would stop QQing about cool new features that are totally optional because they long for the good ol' days.
    I find people who QQ over people who aren't really qqing worse tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Panjandrum
    If Dalaran has become a waiting room, leave it and go quest.
    Yeah, that's generally what I do.
    I am the lucid dream

Quote Originally Posted by Solitare-sp
    Yes, becuase I realllllllly loved flying to Southshore for the 750th time, just to go to SFK and SM and then waiting for 10mins for the next person becuase everyone else couldn't be arsed.
    Traveling through a huge world is an integral part of an MMORPG. If you don't like that sort of thing you're playing the wrong game. I mean really, this game is quickly becoming Diablo III where Dala is just a big chatroom from where you occasionally teleport to some dungeon for 15 minutes.

very nice update for ppl that don't read much MMO. gj

... and The Heavens Shall Tremble.
    Lord of Agamaggan - EU.

Traveling through a huge world is an integral part of an MMORPG. If you don't like that sort of thing you're playing the wrong game. I mean really, this game is quickly becoming Diablo III where Dala is just a big chatroom from where you occasionally teleport to some dungeon for 15 minutes.
    Apparently he isn't playing the wrong game if what you say is true.

Still wondering what the deal is gonna be with the Alterac mount and the achievement for it. Also paid with honour after 3.3.3?

Wall of Text hits you for OVER NINE THOUSAND!

I've been doing the same thing for 5years now. Forgive me for not being bothered about exploring or travelling through things I've seen hundreds of times before, especially at a back end of an expansion.

I do hope they disable the teleport for new instances straight after cata though,or at least make you enter the dugeon at the enterence at least once.

I have no idea what took so long for this patch to get released.