15+ Year Old Account

[HOLY] LK - 25 man and mana issues

Hi all, monday and yesterday we tried for the first time LK 25 man, and i'm a bit worry about the mana issue.

The healing setup was: Holy Priest x2, Disci Priest x1, Paladin Holy x2, Shaman Resto x1.

Phase 1 for me as holy priest is all about Mending on cooldown, Renew and CoH. Before entering in phase 1.5 the healer group need a Mana Tide, so i enter in Phase 1.5 with a Mana Tide used and a Crazy Alchemyst potion.

After returning in Phase 1.5 i'm again at 20% mana, so i need to pop shadowfiend on LK.
    At the moment we are wiping at the Defile.

My question is; how the hell can i continue in the other phases, if i used Pot+Manatide+Shadowfiend only to arrive in phase 1.5?

My gear is not bis this is the armory link : http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...em&cn=Drjekyll

First of all i think tomorrow i will change Head enchant and Shoulder enchant to the mana regen one, than..... i need some advices....

Thanks in advance for the answer, and sorry for my poor english
    Dott. Jek

10+ Year Old Account

Re: [HOLY] LK - 25 man and mana issues

Change Abacus for PLD if your mana issues are really bad for that fight. P1 should be on the shoulders of Disc bubbles and the tank healers, spotting infests, tanks, and keeping PoM is the only thing really on your shoulders. HoH + Mana Tide at the start of the transition should tide you over for P1.5 and at least part of P2. Keeping PoM on CD, rolling Renews and CoH where needed should be your P1.5 strat. P2 is a lot more hectic I would suggest using your SF as soon as you can avoid overflow. Sometime shortly into P3 you should be able to HoH again after running from Spirits / Defile.

Don't be afraid to call out for a Shadow Priest to HoH too. You may even be able to snatch a Feral or Boom Innervate.

15+ Year Old Account

Thanks for the suggestions, i'll try that at the next try.
    I'll wait a bit before buy the PLD, i hope to be lucky this week with the Solace hero .....

In my guild forum we (healers) are trying to undestand how to time better all our cc, like doing:
    HoH (priest) --> Mana tide --> HoH (me) --> HoH (priest)

Another question, do you think my mana pool is a bit low?
    I was waiting for the Dying Light staff for have a good boost in intellect

Phase 1: Try to take the dispelling job. This gives you a legitimate reason to cast less, and with a discpriest in the raid, you shouldn't need much healing in P1 anyway. Dispelling is a great job for a Body and Soul-empowered Holypriest. Ideally, you should get to phase 1.5 with close to a full manabar. If not, use the shadowfiend early. You can use it up to 3 times this fight.

In phase 1.5, it's tempting - and necessary - to blow a crapload of mana on PoH. Go ahead. I usually blow my entire manabar at this stage. It almost feels like the LK is manadraining me.

Come Phase 2, I use the shadowfiend, and a HoH if I can spare the time. Takes me back up. haven't really beated P2 yet to be honest. But I suspect that once we have the phase under control, damage will be more controllable, and PoH will see a lot less action as a result.

Can't say more about the rest of the fight, but I can heartily recommend the Dying light staff. I upgraded from the ulduar icecore staff, and to be honest, the 200 extra spellpower was hardly notable. But the 800 more max mana and 30 more MP5 made me feel like I got a double sized manabar. I spam PoH with gusto nowadays

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Yeah, you shouldn't need to heal a lot in P1....at all. There should not be any raid damage at all, besides Infest, or if someone gets aggro on one of the ghouls.

What I do is just throw a renew / occasional PoM on the tank, while going outside 5sr as much as possible, as I was assigned to healing Infest, which is easily done with a CoH and a couple flash heals, or a PoH and a CoH.

As for 25man, I haven't healed that one yet, because Shadow is my main spec in 25man raids. The only time I'm EVER healing is if we're missing a healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

15+ Year Old Account

Well we were unlucky these days 'cause we had 0 resto druid, so in p1 we was wasting to much mana on pre-renew at least the melee, maybe that was also an issue.

Infest is easy to heal with a CoH as Vook said, and with 2 holy priest the infest it's really easy. Ghoul aggro can be annoying, and that's why we were pre using renew.

Deleted

Remember as shadowfiend restores % of max mana, you can use HoH to get a lot of mana back.

If you can time all of your priests to use HoH at once, the extra % of max mana does stack (60k mana as a holy priest ftw), and then the 3% mana restores frmo HoH itself restores a lot more, as well as the 5% restores from shadowfiend.

Though, from the videos I have seen of the fight (not yet attempted it myself, quit guild after taking down sindragosa25), it lasts at least 14/15 minutes. Thats is at least 2, probably 3 shadowfiends, don't be afraid to pop it early.

Quote Originally Posted by Collection
    Hi all, monday and yesterday we tried for the first time LK 25 man, and i'm a bit worry about the mana issue.

The healing setup was: Holy Priest x2, Disci Priest x1, Paladin Holy x2, Shaman Resto x1.

Phase 1 for me as holy priest is all about Mending on cooldown, Renew and CoH. Before entering in phase 1.5 the healer group need a Mana Tide, so i enter in Phase 1.5 with a Mana Tide used and a Crazy Alchemyst potion.

After returning in Phase 1.5 i'm again at 20% mana, so i need to pop shadowfiend on LK.
    At the moment we are wiping at the Defile.

My question is; how the hell can i continue in the other phases, if i used Pot+Manatide+Shadowfiend only to arrive in phase 1.5?
    Mana and manaregen are fine. I did him yesterday with 625mp5 and 25k mana unbuffed as holy, wich is basically 160mp5 and 1k mana less than you.

We happened to do it with 1HPriest-1DPriest-1HPala-1RDruid-2RShamans.

I think it might be because of the gear. We had 2 Val'Anyrs in the raid, plus farming 5-6 HC bosses since almost 1 month and a total of 9/12hc bosses dead and 11/12hc bosses dead in 10men, so I guess we were just overgearing the encounter pretty much.
    By the end of P1 I was around 25k mana (30k buffed), and Defile damage compared to the heals going out was just ridicolous.

Problems in your raid were, for sure missing resto druids and having just 1 Shaman, plus it'd also help to see some log of the healings done, some healer may just be sucking at the encounter.