Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Starfall buff..

Quote Originally Posted by applefrostin
    indeed i was in icc10 killing shit and my dps went up like 500-1000 over what it usually is. I dont know what glyph would be better for it 10% dmg buff to it or time off the cd? im glyped for the cd right now.
    The CD reduction should be in every boomkins glyph no matter what. The damage buff one is situational

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnium
    I was amazed and shocked after getting to 24.4k on the fleshreapers (the big group before stinky and precious) with just Starfall and Hurricane. Was awesome <3. Atleast for offkit.

Starfall <3
    I was happy peaking at 40k on one of the whelps trash before Sindragosa :P

Now I'm tempted to go in and see what kind of live dps can be hit doing the Ony achievement!

*evil laugh*

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Re: Starfall in 3.3.3

Depends on wether or not the splash damage is affected by the new AoE limitation I suppose (damage declines on more than 10 targets).

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nirual
    Depends on wether or not the splash damage is affected by the new AoE limitation I suppose (damage declines on more than 10 targets).
    It is, tested the new starfall change on the Scarlet Monastery Cathedral and having all of the mobs at once was giving quite pathetic damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauron
    I was happy peaking at 40k on one of the whelps trash before Sindragosa :P
    Pulled both packs yesterday, peaked at 71k dps, and ended fight at 49k dps... Typhoon -> starfall -> hurricane -> hurricane -> couple of wraths on last mobs.

The damage is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnik
    I just took it for a test drive on the Target Dummies after i replaced the Insect Swarm Glyph with the Starfall Glyph, and i was seeing insanse numbers, granted, you can't get a clean single target reading at any of the Target Dummies.

My Burst damage ranged from 11-12k dps, and had 8-9k dps over a 3 minute run.
    is taking off IS glyph better than taking off Starfire glyph?

Quote Originally Posted by obaminator
    is taking off IS glyph better than taking off Starfire glyph?
    With the inception of patch 3.3.3, most moonkins no longer use Insect Swarm as a main damaging ability. If anything, it's used to the tank's benefit (the 3% decreased hit on target) or while the moonkin is moving and has nothing else to do. The Starfire glyph is essential, whereas the IS glyph is far inferior to its Starfall replacement.

10+ Year Old Account

i hant really experienced a change in heroic 5 man/badge epics 0o

Quote Originally Posted by Xarantaur42
    With the inception of patch 3.3.3, most moonkins no longer use Insect Swarm as a main damaging ability. If anything, it's used to the tank's benefit (the 3% decreased hit on target) or while the moonkin is moving and has nothing else to do. The Starfire glyph is essential, whereas the IS glyph is far inferior to its Starfall replacement.
    ah thank you for the clarification... I have been having trouble getting used to the extra 9 seconds i was losing with moonfire lol. And i have also been noticing more and more i just use my dots for the ISS effects. heh

This buff was long overdue and I'm happy you all got it. It's nice to see good players competative now because their class was fixed. (boomkin and spriest in my guild are good players, but until class buffs were stuck on the bottom).
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    This buff was long overdue and I'm happy you all got it. It's nice to see good players competative now because their class was fixed. (boomkin and spriest in my guild are good players, but until class buffs were stuck on the bottom).
    That's odd, even before the buff i wasn't on the bottom in my guild. Maybe like 5-8th, mostly 1st or second on putricide (I know how to minimize movement better than a lot of the ranged in my guild lol)

tabbed out to windows during raidbreak, progressing on putri hm atm as moonkin, dps ranging between 9.5 and 11.5k after fight ends new starfall is godsent, just wish the fight wasn't so movement heavy ='(

(ppl are allowed to brag right?)

Im just getting into moonkin PVP. Is it the same there as well? i thought Is and MF where pretty good dots to toss out BG's.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by obaminator
    That's odd, even before the buff i wasn't on the bottom in my guild. Maybe like 5-8th, mostly 1st or second on putricide (I know how to minimize movement better than a lot of the ranged in my guild lol)
    Then the rest of your other dps probably is bad and not min/maxing properly.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

I just love the starfall buff. Big increase in the dps which is nice to see for us boomkins.

Quote Originally Posted by Nose Nuggets
    Im just getting into moonkin PVP. Is it the same there as well? i thought Is and MF where pretty good dots to toss out BG's.
    There is no doubt that Starfall will still do more damage than Insect Swarm ever will, and that's for all walks of WoW.

That being said, PvP is a completely different animal than PvE. Rotations for casters mostly go out the window, so whatever damage you can get out most quickly is priority. This means that Starfall (which continues after you cast it and does not stop unless you die) and DoTs (instant casts) are about the same priority, give or take a few choice fights. In this situation, IS is an effective DoT whether it is glyphed for or not. It will just have different effects depending on your glyph-set.

There is no doubt that Starfall will still do more damage than Insect Swarm ever will, and that's for all walks of WoW.

That being said, PvP is a completely different animal than PvE. Rotations for casters mostly go out the window, so whatever damage you can get out most quickly is priority. This means that Starfall (which continues after you cast it and does not stop unless you die) and DoTs (instant casts) are about the same priority, give or take a few choice fights. In this situation, IS is an effective DoT whether it is glyphed for or not. It will just have different effects depending on your glyph-set.
    Thanks.