question about Holy Concentration

hey guys i started to lvl a priest a while back and now i got the sweet talent Holy concentration but is it rly that nice i mean its like 3 sec mana reg, the first 5 is just to get out of "casting" so thats 0 mana reg from spirit there....is it anything i have missed or is it just the 3 sec that gets better at lvl 80 and would be nice to know if its worth the 3 points ???

Re: question about Holy Concentration

You first 13 points should be in Disc to get Meditation. Holy Concentration is a healing talent that increases regen so the holy priest does not run OOM extremely fast.

10+ Year Old Account

You'd be better served by healing 5 mans as Disc from 60-79, it's easier all around.

I'm not sure on the math anymore, but you might as well forget there was ever a term called 5sr. It just doesn't mean anything today. It's not zero sum either (Holy Concentration), it's a good boost in regen.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrone
    i mean its like 3 sec mana reg, the first 5 is just to get out of "casting" so thats 0 mana reg from spirit there....
    is it anything i have missed or is it just the 3 sec that gets better at lvl 80 and would be nice to know if its worth the 3 points ???
    Well you did miss that we ain't in BC no more and neither in Naxx25, Spirit is now WAY less useful than it used to be for mana regen, plus the OO5SR is kinda outdated since when they boosted the use of PoH with Serendipity and it became an important part of raid healing, making close to impossible to stay OO5SR.

Holy Concentration is anyways a must, first because it grants a lot of mana even while casting, and second because it's refreshable. It's not that after the 8 seconds of the proc it's going to fade, given you'll have a nice amount of crit at 80 it has an uptime of roughly 30%.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrone
    hey guys i started to lvl a priest a while back and now i got the sweet talent Holy concentration but is it rly that nice i mean its like 3 sec mana reg, the first 5 is just to get out of "casting" so thats 0 mana reg from spirit there....is it anything i have missed or is it just the 3 sec that gets better at lvl 80 and would be nice to know if its worth the 3 points ???
    Holy concentration is a vital part of holypriest regen, running at a 20-40% uptime, increasing spirit-based regen by 50%. It's not giving unmissable amounts of regen, but it's typically giving 100-200 MP5 in the endgame, which isn't a half bad value for 3 talent points, even considering the competing picks. Also, as a holypriest you take the sources of regen you are served and you're damned happy for having it.

While levelling, the gains from Holy Concentration will be substantially less though. I honestly woudn't recommend anyone to go deep holy while levelling; a disc or even a shadowpriest can heal anything just fine until you hit the endgame, and do a whole lot better in the process. The only argument for going holy is that you learn the holy playstyle better. But frankly, it's not worth the pain until you have some kickass gear to mitigate the endless mana troubles.

Anyway. The thing about spirit-based manaregen is that it is quite worthless without meditation. You really really really need Meditation as a priest. The talent is designed around having meditation, and no priest should be without it at any time. It's a priority talent to get early in any levelling build, right after spirit tap. Or possibly even before.

Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]