Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Battleground and Honor Changes on the Horizon

Battleground and Honor Changes on the Horizon
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    We have several changes planned for Battlegrounds in the next minor content patch and would like to share them with you now. This patch will be available for public testing and we encourage you to participate, queue up and provide some feedback on these changes.

HTML Code:
    <ul>[*]Firstly, say goodbye to Battleground Marks of Honor. We feel this currency system is a bit outdated and are getting rid of it. Any items which require these marks as currency will have their costs adjusted appropriately to remove this requirement. The quest NPCs will still be available to award players Honor for turning in leftover marks, but this is only to help players clear this expired currency.

[*]Next, the Battleground holiday weekend will now be denoted as "Call to Arms" in the Battleground tab and Calendar. If you prefer a specific Battleground over all others, look for those words next to its name to determine whether or not you'll receive bonus Honor. The bonus awards for Call to Arms Battlegrounds have been adjusted.

<ul>[*]Winning a Call to Arms Battleground for the first time in a day will award players with 30 Honorable Kills worth of additional Honor currency.
[*]Additional Call to Arms Battleground victories after the first win for a player that day will award them with 15 Honorable Kills worth of additional Honor currency.
[*]Losing a Call to Arms Battleground will award players with 5 Honorable Kills worth of additional Honor currency.

[/list]
[*]To bring the rate at which players obtain PvP rewards with Honor more in-line with the rate at which players obtain PvE rewards via the Dungeon Finder, we'll also be increasing the amount of Honor awarded for an Honorable Kill by 100%. In light of this, the amount of experience provided from an Honorable Kill, and the amount of Honor awarded for completing the Wintergrasp weekly quests, have been reduced by 50%.

It's important to note one thing about these 50% decreases. All Honor awarded for completing objectives in Battlegrounds and Wintergrasp is actually based on an Honorable Kill conversion rate. So if you destroy a tower in Alterac Valley for example, the Honor you're awarded is actually based on a flat number of Honorable Kills. Since Honorable Kills will now award 100% more Honor, completing such objectives will also award more Honor. This is why experience gains based on completing Battleground objectives and Honor awarded from the Wintergrasp quests are being decreased by 50%.

[*]Now that we hopefully have your attention, we're pleased to announce the implementation of the Random Battleground system! This system will work virtually the same as the Random Dungeon option in the Dungeon Finder. Players can queue with a group of up to five players for a Random Battleground in the Battleground tab. As with the Random Dungeon option, the Battleground chosen will not be revealed until players zone into the Battleground for which they are selected. The bonus rewards for this system are identical to the updated Call to Arms bonuses.

<ul>[*]Winning a Battleground using the Random Battleground option for the first time in a day will award players with 30 Honorable Kills worth of additional Honor currency.
[*]Winning additional Battlegrounds using the Random Battleground option after the first random win will award players with 15 Honorable Kills worth of additional Honor currency.
[*]Losing a Battleground using the Random Battleground option will award players with 5 Honorable Kills worth of additional Honor currency.
[*]When using the Random Battleground option, players will not receive additional rewards if the Battleground chosen is under the effects of the Call to Arms bonuses. In other words, the bonuses do not stack. In addition, if a player has been rewarded 30 Honorable Kills worth of bonus Honor currency from either the Random Battleground system, or the Call to Arms Battleground, he or she will be rewarded 15 Honorable Kills worth of bonus Honor currency that day for each additional victory. This applies whether the Random Battleground system is used, or the Call to Arms Battleground is chosen specifically, as a player cannot be rewarded the full amount of bonus Honor more than once per day.
[/list][/list]
    All of these features and changes will be available in the next minor patch which should be hitting the public test realms in the near future. Please help us out by testing this system and providing your feedback so we can make some fine-tuning adjustments before the patch's release.

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Battleground and Honor Changes on the Horizon

As I said in the other thread, god, am I glad they're removing marks.

However, I'm wondering how much they're increasing the honor price on items, or whatever they're doing. I hope it scales properly, instead of either way too easy to get or 40000 hours of PvP to get.

Now all they need to do is get rid of Strand. It's a BG that doesn't even work in theory!

Love the mark removal, farming ioq and strand isnt funny

What about the PvP mounts? Are those going to be purchasable for Honor?
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Why do I need to prove anything in a video game? I play for fun not for ego
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Don't be silly. You're not allowed to play WoW for fun!

Just when I got 90+ marks on my main. Who cares, I dislike the marks anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmarin
    seriously!! my question exactly

Why won't there be an extra award for using random BG? You get 2 extra emblems from random HC. What the fuck is that about?
    Why would I use the random BG queue then when I can just choose the one I Like to play.

My God. Stupid changes are stupid.

10+ Year Old Account

WOOT finally, hate marks >_<

I hope there will be a way to get rid of single marks, since none of my toons have very many conquest or strand tokens.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

WG dailies are usually how I get my honor, to know that the honor gained will be less so BGs can get more is a little sad.

15+ Year Old Account

Did you even read the blue post?

They said that all things that marks were used to purchase would have their prices adjusted to compensate.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Long awaited changes.
    As a die-hard BG'er, I for one, thank you Blizz

It doesnt mention about the arena points gained through BG's will they remain or not =/

what will this mean for the low level pvp-rewards?

will they be purchaseable just with honor?

Would be veeeery nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumsnut
    Why won't there be an extra award for using random BG? You get 2 extra emblems from random HC. What the fuck is that about?
    Why would I use the random BG queue then when I can just choose the one I Like to play.

My God. Stupid changes are stupid.
    because you still get the 15 bonus for randoming, you only get that for specific Q if you choose the bg that is the "call to arms" bg or currently called "holiday"

Quote Originally Posted by MusikDisaster
    WG dailies are usually how I get my honor, to know that the honor gained will be less so BGs can get more is a little sad.
    it won't be less, it will be the same, unless you cant do "plus 100% and minus 50% = same same"
    read the whole thing again.

Doesn't address camping, AV imbalance issues, WSG class issues, healing vs actual PVP, lack of sufficient quality rewards to merit people actually signing up for any BG let alone a random one, and it doesn't address the awful awful issues Strand has had since the beginning, which were iterated in every forum known to man during testing and are still waiting to be resolved. Fail Blue.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Grenudo
    seriously!! my question exactly
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Any items which require these marks as currency will have their costs adjusted appropriately to remove this requirement.

As someone who's been thinking about hitting the PvP scene as of late on multiple toons, this pleases me greatly.

Finally a use for all those horrid stone keeper shards I have laying around.

PvP mounts and 100 mount achievement here i come!