15+ Year Old Account

Captain America: The First Avenger! (Actor has been cast!)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458339/

So it would seem after a long time (for me) an actor has finally been hired as Cap.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0262635/
    Chris Evans, also known for playing the humantorch in the fantastic 4 movies.

So now that's been said I've been wondering what kind of appeal does Captain America and other comic book heroes have outside of the US? Once concern of the producers of the Captain America movie is that it will have limited appeal, is this true?

Also wanted to say.. I think this chris evans dude could do it but I always thought of Captain America as a burly type guy with a voice completely different than that of the guy whos been casted for the part (Chris Evans voice is very boyish almost peter parker worthy).

Re: Captain America: The First Avenger! (Actor has been cast!)

Quote Originally Posted by Inarus
    Im gonna be honest and say i don't like that guy, for some reason his face just says " knock me out"
    CAPTUN AMERICUH!

And yes, I loath the character.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Captain America: The First Avenger! (Actor has been cast!)

As a 17 year old Swede I haven't had that much exposure to American comic heroes, and I've never watched or read anything involving Captain America. I can't speak for the rest of the world, obviously, but here in Sweden (I think) most people's interest in comic book heroes doesn't go far beyond Peter Parker and Bruce Wayne. Of course it's going to be appreciated if it's a good movie, but I'm pretty sure it won't be selling on the name like the Spiderman and Batman films did.
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.