Thread: Ring question

Ring question

So i got my emblems and i just picked up <a href="http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47730">Dexterous Brightstone Ring[/url] and im just looking over the bear tank sticky and i see that some of the items they have have strength on them and what not. So basically my ? is should i have got the ring i just picked up or the "tank" ring with strength, <a href="http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47731">Clutch of Fortification[/url].

Probably a stupid question because i want to say I should switch them out, i guess i just thought the agility would be more beneficial for tanking with the armor cri and dodge rather than just stamina and dodge.

Re: Ring question

note: i don't play a bear so i may possibly be wrong, i have technical knowledge of them but not playing knowledge.

i believe you chose right basically, as a bear you'll get better threat and damage mitigation from the dps ring over the tanking ring. The clutch of fortification is great for every other tank but you can once again join the rogues in your gear choice

Personally I'd say the strength ring is far surperior to the agi one for tanking. The agi one is certainly better for threat, however that really shouldn't be an issue for you (unless your gear is seriously mismatched). The strength one has much better health, survivability (armor), and the avoidance isn't far behind. You do lose a bit from your Savage Defense, but it's really not that significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Thanks, ya like 10 min after i got it i thought that it might be better, just because of the stam...and no..my gear is all 219-226 so im in the process of gearing up. So threat right now isnt bad, i just wanted to double check what the experts thought

Deleted

The tanking ring is simply better for tank. Im using that and the Mark of relentless from totc hc. Slap 30 sta in the totc ring and youre fine ;D

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mortifer
    Thanks, ya like 10 min after i got it i thought that it might be better, just because of the stam...and no..my gear is all 219-226 so im in the process of gearing up. So threat right now isnt bad, i just wanted to double check what the experts thought
    Rule of thumb: to tank, get tanking jewelry. Strength isn't a waste stat for a Bear, either. It's 2AP per point, pre-talents, and so roughly 0.5 "block" per point, in the form of SD value.

The most important thing to consider is: tank jewelry has tanking stats. We like stamina, dodge and defense. And we deeply love armor :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

Deleted

This was the weights i used before i started stacking stamina for LK hc:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?items&filter...4.06:4.03:2.12

Notice the true tank rings are ahead of the agi ones by a bit, tho higher lvl agi rings are usually still better than lowlvl tank rings.

Thanks for letting me know about the strength. Like i said i thought we went all agility but those stats on a tanking stuff look tasty. So i will be switching it out in the AM after i get off of work. the 30+ stam will be nice :-). But ya i really didnt know how strength effected our mitigation because stickies dont really talk about it so thanks for the info.

Clutch..