help with holy priest

hi guys

I need some help, i have new priest and i want to be holy for raid like icc 10 and 25, i need to know if tthere are some caps like spirit, crit, haste, hit something like that and the best talents for holy on raids, glyphs and any rotations.

Please im doing toc 25 and 10 and some time i have better gear than others but my heals sucks.

Some help ill love it

Re: help with holy priest

Post your character on the Armory.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

First of all, you should have no hit as healer on your gear, those are wasted points.

If u spam heals most of the fight, use your mana cooldowns (shadowfiend, Hymn of Hope, mana pot) and you still have considerable mana after a fight you probably don´t need more int or spirit.

If that´s the case you should probably focus on spell power, crit and haste. I personally think spell power is better, as a priest the 3 main spells I cast are Circle of Healing, Prayer of Mending and renew. Besides your global cooldown, those 3 spells are not so much affected by haste.

The key point to healing though is knowing the fight and predicting damage. If you know that person will take damage you might use a PoM on him, you might put a renew up or just start casting a flash heal or greater heal. It usually depends on the nature of the damage. If it´s a big single hit like the Mistress of Pain Spinning Pain Spike on Lord Jaraxxus you might just cast a greater heal before the damage actually happens; so, when you finish casting, the damage has just happened.
    That´s just an example. The thing is, you need to understand how your heals work and when it´s best to use each one. If the damage you needed to heal was small but constantly ticking, like a dot? Surely a greater would be a terrible choice.

About glyphs, circle of healing is a top priority I think... the others depend more on the fight, the healing setup and your healing style. I like to have a guardian spirit glyph though. Guardian is to be used well. If the tanks are not on risk on dieing on that fight and if a dps or healer died by doing something wrong or just taking too much damage I always think it´s might fault for not saving then with Guardian Spirit. Thinking like that makes you more alert to try and save someone. And you´ll see if you try and are fast enough, you´ll probably save a lot of people on your raids.

You could link your character so we can check your gear and your build.

What do you use as interface to see the raid HP, buffs, debuffs, to know who you need to heal and to target then?
    I personally use the grid addon. I´ve used for a long time the regular wow interface, but that cannot compare at all.
    The bad thing about grid is that you also need to download many of it´s plugins/packages to get the full usability. It´s also good if you configure a lot of things on grid, like tank cooldowns, hots and shield from other ppl aside from yours.
    One of the other popular options would be an addon called healbot. It´s a very good addon, but I don´t really like it. Most of the things come ready, it´s not as configurable as grid.... I don´t really know how to explain, but on grid you need to know what you´r doing and changing and on healbot you might never understand, value the necessity of the kings of information you might need the addon to give you. Also, if you change specs, play on other characters, the grid can still be used very well to see what´s happening in the raid. Well, ignore that, it´s just my personal opinion. And I´m bored.

I´m no priest expert (my alt is a priest), but I hope I could help.

ps: alas, if you search just enough, here and many other forums we have guides already on priests, all it´s specs. Tips for different fights, what you should use, glyphs, talent tree. You may find lots of theorycraft, just simple guides, videos, etc. There´s not a single simple answer. If you just want to do good on recount though, the very simplistic answer would be... use circle and prayer of mending on cooldown and just renew whoever have more chance of taking dmg... you might get oom though.

as a healer you don't need to worry about caps so much as prioritizing and having enough of each stat. SP > haste > crit for throughput then Spi or mp5 for regen. mp5 > spi for pure regen but spi also gives SP and more regen when not casting use your own judgment when choosing. It's really just making sure you have enough of each. If your heals are too slow get haste if your going oom get more regen. More than anything else tho your spec and then using the right tool at the right time for the right job (aka your skill) will increase your heals.
    this is my current spec
    http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#bVcbh...ihGLuAo:0NfzVm
    lots of renew, coh, pom. a little fh and poh and almost no gh
    but with holy there's no one spec fits all like there is with disc its choose the right talents that fit with your preferred play style. if that's not working try a different method

PS keep in mind hps isn't everything are you doing your job keeping people alive? if yes who cares about hps if no and your at the top of the hps meter you need to focus less on meters

This is my wow armory guys i think im good but idk why i can be top heal on healing done!

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...gnaros&cn=Evox

this is my wowarmory idk why i cant be top heler on raids

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...gnaros&cn=Evox

Your armory link doesn't work for me. However, you should take a look at your other healers. If they're veterans and know the fights backwards and forwards, it's probably going to be impossible to 'win the meters'. Having said that, you're a holy priest, get the notion of topping meters out of your head because it won't happen very often.

Depending on the nature of the damage in the fight, you'll want to adapt your healing style. The problems you're having probably come down to not pushing enough buttons more than gear issues.
    -PoM on cd always
    -If it's a fight with a damage aura, like Twin Val'kyr, CoH on CD always (Edit for clarity)
    -Use Renew as a filler, or, if you have a decent amount of haste or serendipity stacks, use PoH if applicable.
    -If you have Surge of Light, toss flash heals at people/tanks that took a spike. Even a casted Flash Heal might be good to use at times.

It is very important to know the fights and know to expect damage so you can prepare for it (boss mods help with this). My favorite thing to do in ToC25 was to look at Gormok's stomp cooldown timer and precast PoH right before he did it. The melee group would get topped off instantly pretty much.

I would like to agree with pretty much everything Lysdexic points out there, except for the "Circle on Cooldown" part. If you're switching to your Prayer, it suddenly becomes that much harder to get effectiveness out of it (your Prayer that is), simply because of your smart healing over-riding group controls, as well as delaying your Prayer so other people's smart healing taking over.

You could go from a solid 5 people benefiting from 80% of a single Prayer of Healing. But you hit Circle of Healing and instantly line up your prayer after. Your Circle heals 2 persons in the group of 5 that you were looking to Prayer, and three people close that are from outside that party. Cross-Healing happens (especially seeing you can't track instants on HealComm) and then other multi-target effects go off: A chain heal bounces, and/or HoTs tick and bring an additional person up.

By the time your Prayer actually lands on that group of heavily damaged five people close by, you're lucky to actually heal two of them, just from prioritizing Circle on Cooldown.

My suggestion: Use Circle after your Prayers, as a "Clean-Up" spell, after you've already done your heavy hitting. Use it when 3+ people could use some nice healing, but are scattered between groups. The second that 3+ people in the same group need healing, you should use Prayer first, Circle after.

Edit: And it doesn't matter how many Serendipity charges you use for it, get the haste and push it anyways.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah, one thing I hear frequently about Holy Priorities is "PoM and CoH on CD". That simply isn't good. PoM on CD, yes, but use your head and 'save' CoH as a mini raid damage CD. Mindless mashing that thing will just overheal and could leave you without it when you do need it. Just use your head.

Touché kelesti

I'd just like to clarify what I wrote a bit, because kelesti's analysis of PoH use is great, he (she?) is exactly right with what delaying PoH even by just 1 GCD can do.

Since I can't check your armory and you say you're having issues with healing, I can only assume you have really low haste, for this reason, I'd almost say its mandatory to have a stack or two of serendipity to cast PoH. (Again, don't just cast flash heals to stack serendipity to heal the damage you saw, because in that case your PoH cast just got 1.5*3 seconds longer. However, since you WILL be casting flash heal here and there, you can have an addon like Power Auras track serendipity and evaluate whether or not PoH would be fast enough to deal with the damage.) There isn't a definite number we can give to determine what is too slow, because that depends largely on your other healers.

Just in my defense, I tend to have groups 1/2 with melee and 3/4 with ranged/healers (group 5 has tanks and some randoms). Sindragosa is a great example of a fight where I'd PoH the melee but CoH the ranged, meaning that CoH very likely won't snipe my PoH targets.
    Granted since I'm an unstable magic magnet, I tend to have to chain casts together on that fight anyway (PoH into CoH at different groups/targets, or PoH into PoM at tank, it'l only get you 1 stack of instability !!)

But my advice to you is to check these forums regularly and read things written by, among others, kelesti, harky and worshaka. Even when they disagree with each other they raise good points and have well written posts/opinions/ideas.

Edit:
    Yeah, one thing I hear frequently about Holy Priorities is "PoM and CoH on CD". That simply isn't good. PoM on CD, yes, but use your head and 'save' CoH as a mini raid damage CD. Mindless mashing that thing will just overheal and could leave you without it when you do need it. Just use your head.
    I wouldn't recommend CoH on cd except on fights that need it. That would basically mean fights with damage auras, such as twin valkyr. If even on fights like these you can't justify using it on cooldown because people are always topped off, you probably have too many healers (probably too many resto druids, those bastards !).
    Like PPutricide is probably a fight with a weak enough damage aura that I wouldn't use CoH on cd.

10+ Year Old Account

I wouldn't recommend CoH on cd except on fights that need it. That would basically mean fights with damage auras, such as twin valkyr. If even on fights like these you can't justify using it on cooldown because people are always topped off, you probably have too many healers Smiley (probably too many resto druids, those bastards !).
    Like PPutricide is probably a fight with a weak enough damage aura that I wouldn't use CoH on cd.
    Yeah, I love sniping CHs in that fight. Precast PoH on melee for ooze explode -> explode -> PoH lands -> CoH. Great reactive damage fight for Holy.