15+ Year Old Account

Vent push to talk not working unless Wow is minimized?

any ideas how to fix this? i'm using windows 7 and it started happening yesterday
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

Re: Vent push to talk not working unless Wow is minimized?

Quote Originally Posted by Baygon
    any ideas how to fix this? i'm using windows 7 and it started happening yesterday
    Do you run both programs with administrator rights?
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

15+ Year Old Account

no....should i be?
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

15+ Year Old Account

Yes.

15+ Year Old Account

ok i did that, but it still fluctuates between perfectly fine and then just not working anymore..

Are you using a Wireless keyboard, if so make sure you are getting connection. This happen to me, bought a cheap keyboard and I don't always get a signal so I have to spam the button to make it work.

Also make sure the key you are using isn't key bound into the game as something.

Deleted

Is "Use Direct Input to detect Hotkey" checked?

Do you have one of your hotkeys in WoW bound to the same as your push to talk key?

Quote Originally Posted by Cynadra
    Do you have one of your hotkeys in WoW bound to the same as your push to talk key?
    Err, that doesn't affect things one bit.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Baygon
    no....should i be?
    yes, i had the same problem, and setting vent and wow on admin fixed it
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

i had the same problem be four i disabled the UAC on my comp and now it works cues the UAC blocks you from controlling a program in the background wile your playing to turn if off the easy way just go to the control panel and type UAC and you should be Abel to config it from there i just unchecked the the box in vista

Is it possible that your mouse software is assigning application specfic profiles.
    So that button is treated differently while wow is in the foreground.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.