Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Discipline gemming.

Hey so first of all gz on paragon on 25 hc lk kill and such.

So boub posted all the armories of the people that were in the raid group during the kill, and I decided to check some out. And I saw this discipline priest

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...lade&n=Jhazrun

And I saw he/she was gemming full for spell power. Is this worth it, as disci priests mostly gem for sp + intel/spirit? Or only with such gear for compensating?

Id be glad with some help here =]

Thanks
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

Deleted

Re: Discipline gemming.

Yes, for it benefits PW:S greatly. His/her gear provides enough basic stats to focus wholly on gemming sp. It is what I have done too.

Its probably for complete utility with the RNG of crit.....

Spellpower = bigger bubbles..

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminatu
    Hey so first of all gz on paragon on 25 hc lk kill and such.

So boub posted all the armories of the people that were in the raid group during the kill, and I decided to check some out. And I saw this discipline priest

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...lade&n=Jhazrun

And I saw he/she was gemming full for spell power. Is this worth it, as disci priests mostly gem for sp + intel/spirit? Or only with such gear for compensating?

Id be glad with some help here =]

Thanks
    yes if your gear is high enough you get most of the crit from it but seein as this priest has Holy as well i think they could of also specced to go between the two easy
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account

For Disc:

Meta: +21 Int + Chance to restore mana on spellcast
    Red: SP
    Yellow: SP + Int
    Blue: SP + Mp5

Pure Disc Option:
    Meta: +25 SP and +2% Int
    All gems: SP

The first is starting out and the second is end game. You'll transition between the two as you become comfortable with your mana pool at higher levels of gear (and therefor base Int).

Gemming full SP is the highest throughput option as it lets your Shields absorb more.

With that gear her int and mana gen will be fine so pure SP makes sense. With the amount of druids they had I expect innervates were avaliable too, though thats just a guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyona View Post
    The general prioritation I chose is:

Looking good > mastery > stamina > parry = dodge > hit > expertise

As you can see, looking good is superior even to mastery.

I myself am at 30k mana unbuffed.

But I gemmed sp + intel. If I go full SP Id be losing 1500 mana but gaining a lot of sp.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

10+ Year Old Account

I myself am at 30k mana unbuffed.

But I gemmed sp + intel. If I go full SP Id be losing 1500 mana but gaining a lot of sp.
    Do you have H Solace / PLD?

Quote Originally Posted by Hyze
    With that gear her int and mana gen will be fine so pure SP makes sense. With the amount of druids they had I expect innervates were avaliable too, though thats just a guess.
    That should go without saying. I saw a disc parse of a wipe at 20% where they had gone through 3 inervates, a few totems and pi on themselves on cd just to try to absorb as much infest as possible.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury
    Do you have H Solace / PLD?
    No but I have the lunar dust (procs 304 mana/5) and silver of the pure ice (1625 mana every 2 min)

10+ Year Old Account

No but I have the lunar dust (procs 304 mana/5) and silver of the pure ice (1625 mana every 2 min)
    PuG 25 ToC / ToGC till you get a Solace, they're game changing. You can probably switch to mostly SP gems now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury
    PuG 25 ToC / ToGC till you get a Solace, they're game changing. You can probably switch to mostly SP gems now though.
    Alright thanks a lot =)

with that gear lvl. you would be crazy not to gem pure sp.! crazy

15+ Year Old Account

Given my gear, is it worth switching to all SP now? I'm having trouble distinguishing the best point of switching.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Malania
    Given my gear, is it worth switching to all SP now? I'm having trouble distinguishing the best point of switching.
    That's not really something we can tell you. What you should be able to do and what you can do are separate things. You need to recognize when you don't need the extra Int / Mp5 from non SP gems.

15+ Year Old Account

Currently 31K when raid buffed for mana so I know I can drop the Int gems and switch to Spell Power for them. Was thinking more about the spirit but the spirit in my gemming isn't a significant amount I really should switch to Spell Power now. I don't know why I asked =P

Quote Originally Posted by Malania
    Was thinking more about the spirit
    Spirit is less valuable than MP5 for disc... So yes, definitely replace your spirit gems with SP. Since you're using IED, you'll need one blue gem, and the best place to put that in your current gear is to use a SP/MP5 gem in the helm to get the +9 SP socket bonus. Also, you'd be better served by SP than by the SP/Crit you currently have in your weapon and cloak as neither has a strong socket bonus.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

It will ever depend on personal preferences. There is no perfect gemming for priests.

Go oom? Gem Spell+Int & Spell+MP5
    No mana problems? Gem pure Spell+Haste & Spell+MP5 (or pure Spell)
    Don't want to regem for every new boss? Balance your stats.

/thread

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    Spirit is less valuable than MP5 for disc... So yes, definitely replace your spirit gems with SP. Since you're using IED, you'll need one blue gem, and the best place to put that in your current gear is to use a SP/MP5 gem in the helm to get the +9 SP socket bonus. Also, you'd be better served by SP than by the SP/Crit you currently have in your weapon and cloak as neither has a strong socket bonus.
    The odd gemming is because I use certain pieces for PVP :P The crit is nice for it.

15+ Year Old Account

If you see a Disc Priest with SP+Spirit gems it's because of one of two reasons:

• They very very likely have a Holy spec which they use more and Holy with mp5 gems is more useless Disc with Spirit gems, and Disc Priests "never oom".
    • Dey r teh stpdz

Another valid thing I should point out, most end game players have the rest of the content on farm which allows them to gear specifically for certain encounters. That may or may not be the case here, I didn't check the armoury.