Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hmm, shouldn't my bear have some more stam?

I know that my gear isn't the best, i don't really raid too often, but I'm always seeing other tanks-be it bear or not- having far more hp than I with inferior gear to mine.

In bear I only have about 35k while running two stam trinkets, is there something I'm missing?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...zad&cn=Shalody

Thanks in advance :P

Re: Hmm, shouldn't my bear have some more stam?

i dont know if the armory wasnt updated but change those 2 rings to protection rings and using rare gems (24stamina ) makes you lose a decent amount of hp :P

Deleted

What above poster said. Epic gems should be fairly cheap now

Do bears really go for the strength rings/ necks?
    Hmm, I say the off bear doing that but I didn't know it was the best thing to do since str isn't a primary stat.

Yeah, epic gems are like 175g on my server now.
    My sig isn't showing up atm right now but I have six 80s to work around, some with multiple sets to gem/ench so I get strapped for cash every now and again lol

Yes, you do want to use those tanking rings/necks/cloaks

Ah, well thanks for the input guys; that should boost me up a few thousand hp.
    hopefully my mitigation wont drop, since the tank stuff will have dodge on it.

I also suggest you swap to http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45509 idol instead of the one you have now, it's better. Also if you can spare the gold for Battered Hilt - go for it..
    Oh and shoulder enchant should be 30stam 15resi and boots should be tuskarrs vit.

Hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Nimshot
    I also suggest you swap to Mutilation idol instead of the one you have now, it's better. Also if you can spare the gold for Battered Hilt - go for it..
    Oh and shoulder enchant should be 30stam 15resi and boots should be tuskarrs vit.

Hope that helps
    Oh thanks
    I saw a chart showing mut(edit:err, corrupter) being better, however, as I said, I don't tank anything besides heoics and VoA when I can heal it.
    In heroics it's all aoe pulls, so corrupter never procs.
    I'll be sure to switch it out when I'm single target tanking though

I'll be sure to change the enchants too

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nimshot
    i disagree with this here, 20 dodge/15 def gives more than 30 stam. The only reason we would want 30 stam is if your blindly stacking stam.

Deleted

Quote from: Nimshot on March 27, 2010, 08:00:26 pm
    i disagree with this here, 20 dodge/15 def gives more than 30 stam. The only reason we would want 30 stam is if your blindly stacking stam.
    hehe, im too lazy to do the looooong questchain to acces the quartermaster. I did some of the quests when I was 78 but now I can't remember how far I got... And 10k honor is fairly easy now ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    it's a personal preference, it all depends on what YOU want to enchant it with and which one you *like* more.

in my experience i always used the pvp enchant and when i finally got my os t ank t10 i put the *tanking* enchant on it.. wasted 120g or w/e it is because it just felt worthless compared to my 490hp

you can disagree, but stop with the blindly stacking stamina bs

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by littlepiggy
    you can disagree, but stop with the blindly stacking stamina bs
    Theres a time & place for it, and Toats posted he only does heroics & VoA.

Quote Originally Posted by ToatsMaGoats
    Do bears really go for the strength rings/ necks?
    Hmm, I say the off bear doing that but I didn't know it was the best thing to do since str isn't a primary stat.

Yes they do, find me agility equivalents that have an equal amount of stamina and defensive stats.

OP, your health may seem lower than other tanks but it's perfectly fine for a large amount of the content. Heroics and VoA(both 10 and 25man) your health is fine and honestly you would be fine for ICC10(maybe the first wing in 25man as well).
    3DS Friend Code: 1891-2236-0134

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe
    hehe, im too lazy to do the looooong questchain to acces the quartermaster. I did some of the quests when I was 78 but now I can't remember how far I got... And 10k honor is fairly easy now ;D
    The Questchain takes about....30-45 minutes. :P That, plus you can buy all the way up to exalted with rep via Triumph Badges. Should be easier than getting the honor everytime you get an upgrade, plus the enchant you'll have trough the rep is better.

You're only running 3 pure stam gems. None of which are epic.

You're also only using +8 stats to chest.

And your professions are useless as well.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Elune&cn=Nollie

Get tanking rings, a neck and cloak.
    30 stam and resil shoulder enchant instead of dodge and defense.
    Personally, I wouldn't have the agility gem in boots, if you really want stam, go all stam gems, no shifting dreadstones.

- 18 stam on chest
    - ONE agil/stam gem, the rest all out 30stam (YES, EPIC)
    - Use tanking cloak, neck, rings
    - 18 stam gloves enchant
    - 30stam/15resil shoulder enchant
    - 22stam boots enchant
    - And... level your profs
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Alski
    we don't stack stamina blindly , we do it for good reasons, called sould reaper ^^

Well, didnt read entire thread...but levelling some tanking professions such as leatherworking and mining will give you 120 stamina if im not mistaken...which is fair amount of HP aswell

hope it helps

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe
    You can buy marks of hodir at the triumph vendor quarter master. 1 emblem = 512 rep i believe.