Good Old Counter-Strike

I remember the days, when Counter-Strike was on top of the food chain and all the time I've spent playing it. Now we have games like Battlefield: Bad Company 2, CoD: Modern Warfare 2 and so on and yes, they are cool, but to me they just don't have that special thing, that the good old Counter-Strike has. I remember the days of the 1.5 version and all the games we played on aztec, dust, itally 2 and so on. Yelling loud, when someone is camping with the sniper rifle. Yes, those were the days. Now we have some twisted up Counter-Strike versions like CS: Source, CS 1.6 and so on. Back in the day, Counter-Strike players were hardcore. You can't see things like this anymore:

http://mayomo.com/76900-counter-stri...showcase-video

Sure, now we have better graphics, destructible stuff and all sorts of things we used to wish back in the day. But I really think, that somewhere along the tons and tons of polygons, cool graphics design and nice soundset, the games have lost their souls and their power to take over one's mind, time and soul.

What do you think ? Am I going nuts, or am I on the right track and you feel the same ?
    "Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." -Mike Tyson

Deleted

Re: Good Old Counter-Strike

Meh bit of Zombie Mod or Zombie Escape, maybe a bit of Surf (all on the GEClan servers) are awesome on CSS due to the legends that spend too much time and know all the glitches :P

Quote Originally Posted by nevralgo
    I remember the days, when Counter-Strike was on top of the food chain and all the time I've spent playing it. Now we have games like Battlefield: Bad Company 2, CoD: Modern Warfare 2 and so on and yes, they are cool, but to me they just don't have that special thing, that the good old Counter-Strike has. I remember the days of the 1.5 version and all the games we played on aztec, dust, itally 2 and so on. Yelling loud, when someone is camping with the sniper rifle. Yes, those were the days. Now we have some twisted up Counter-Strike versions like CS: Source, CS 1.6 and so on. Back in the day, Counter-Strike players were hardcore. You can't see things like this anymore:

http://mayomo.com/76900-counter-stri...showcase-video

Sure, now we have better graphics, destructible stuff and all sorts of things we used to wish back in the day. But I really think, that somewhere along the tons and tons of polygons, cool graphics design and nice soundset, the games have lost their souls and their power to take over one's mind, time and soul.

What do you think ? Am I going nuts, or am I on the right track and you feel the same ?

a guy in my high school failed a couple classes because he played too much CS
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

This thread brings back memories =) I also remember CS back in the good old days..Dust as T was always my favourite map,i cannot count the hours/days/weeks i spent playing matches there..back when CS was still a mod for HL and slowly growing into an internet phenomenon..many good memories. I dont know if its a case of "rose tinted glasses" but i personally feel that it has lost its magic at this point..i stopped playing CS after Source. Either way its nice to think back on some good times =)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

I played the shit outta CS back in college. Usually if I wasn't in class or doing school work or working, I was on CS. Game was so much freakin' fun.

oh yes i remember sticking bluetac in the middle of my screen and rofl owning noobs too, CS was easy

Yea the "old days" . Counter-Strike ended up being one of those 1 in a million games that just kind of connected with many fps fans and ended up giving a lot of nostalgia. Now you have games such as the ones mentioned above, but if you kind of think about it, a lot of people (like myself) were introduced to real fps games, LAN tournaments, and a real sense of the gaming community. Games like CS have made games like MW2 and BC2 become more popular with many people.
    Also there was no real story involved with CS, it was just shoot and play. How the game was played was really left up to what weapons you used and your basic style. Now you have all these abilities and people just try to use the best ones and make that their playing style. Also too (rumor time!), I hear there will be another CS game :-X.
    these modern things we know, getting you off..

Remember those days, especially since I played 1.5 and 1.6 professionally at that time. Stopped the day when I noticed that the community had become what the WoW community is slowly becoming.