Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Cataclysm Testing in April, Blue posts

I would love a beta invitation, but don't care that much because I don't have much time to play anyway. But hell I want it to start so we get dataz!
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Probably gunna be floods of beta invitation scams going about the place now

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    First!! (Yes, I'm in a pretty good mood today)
    Just wait when Boubouille sees this and bans you..... oh wait.
    I. Like. To. Kill. Things.
    For Pony!

Just went a bit trough the internet (gotta love google).

12th of january 2010 was the start of F&F alpha. So after 3-months of F&F by now, would it be unthinkable for it to be ready to head into beta?

As for the original quote:

"We reached out to our sources on the topic, (..) , they were able to confirm the alpha phase's tentative starting date. Barring any unexpected hurdles appearing in the next few days, the Friends and Family Alpha Phase will begin on the 12th of January."

I imagine when people do eventually get Beta Invites it will be done like SC2 where it is added directly to your Battle.net account page, not "here is a key, please go to wowcatabeta.com and login to redeem it"
    >:7

Full Bloggage: - http://nuronv.wordpress.com
    Micro Blogs: - http://twitter.com/nuron_v

Deleted

I can see them jumping straight from their internal build to the beta without going through a friends and family alpha this time. They can rely on their employees not to leak stuff, as it's their job on the line. However when you take in friends that are only loosely affiliated with Blizzard, someone is likely to leak stuff. They might have decided that including friends and family before the actual beta is just not worth it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by paraalso
    I can see them jumping straight from their internal build to the beta without going through a friends and family alpha this time. They can rely on their employees not to leak stuff, as it's their job on the line. However when you take in friends that are only loosely affiliated with Blizzard, someone is likely to leak stuff. They might have decided that including friends and family before the actual beta is just not worth it anymore.
    I (accidently) got informations some time ago that hinted towards a F&F alpha. But could have been an internal alpha too...anyway ICQ mistells ftw. :P (Or he just wanted to tease me..you never know what blizz employees are up to >)
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by paraalso
    Yeah, and for the alpha stage, full of pitfalls and not-yet-implemented things, a team of professional testers (with access to GM commands to skip past known bugs) may be more productive than family and friends anyway.

Of course, this is a pretty risky news because Beta tests can be postponed if something funny happens but as far as I'm concerned, it should definitely happen in April. If the beta lasts as long as WotLK's you can expect a release of the expansion in September/October, most likely before the Blizzcon.

And before someone smart posts in comments, I do realize it's not hard to predict that. We all know that Cataclysm will be released in 2010, we all know how much time a beta test takes and we all know the beta will start in April/May/June.
    Didnt Mike Morhaime say at some point that the SC2 beta was supposed to start in the summer 09? Hard to trust them when it comes to beta/release dates

But I'll just pretend it was an April's Fool joke if I'm wrong, you can do that in May.
    Clever

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nuronv
    I imagine when people do eventually get Beta Invites it will be done like SC2 where it is added directly to your Battle.net account page, not "here is a key, please go to wowcatabeta.com and login to redeem it"
    Then you can also expect to see a 'Invite-a-Friend' beta key.. if it's the same as SC2.
    ALTF4.

I didn't want to say it, but I told you so, I knew it was this month . Late summer release it looks like baby mmmmmm, feel the burn. This means that one game will be released this summer (Cat or SC2) and one will be at Christmas, but which one and when? muhauhahaha

Deleted

Starcraft II will be released this summer, and Cataclysm will be released in Christmas.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Warrior (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Can't Thunderclap while silenced
    It is called "Thunder" and "Clap." That implies some noise.
    (Source)
    that's such a lame answer... everyone knows that some physical attacks need spell-hitcap / you can not do them while silenced because when devs created the abilities in the first place in vanilla they where created as spells and many things where different / not so exact.

Thunderclap started doing nature dmg + devs thought it would be strange if someone could dodge/parry it therefore it is a spell > reacts to silence... nowadays it does phys dmg and got changed to a ranged attack in the last patch because it felt strange to have an attack only doing 150% crit dmg that needs a hit-cap.

On the "you need to make noise to Thunderclap"... ohh lol there you go someone is confusing cause and effect. When you do a Thunderclap you hit the ground with such force it trembles thus slowing the enemies movement-speed and doing some dmg. Its origin lies in the Thunder Clap of the wc3 Mountain King. Yes it makes noise when you slam the ground, yes the ability is called Thunderclap because makes noise that fearful enemies compare to Thunder, but no a silence does not prevent me from hitting the ground as hard as i can. check you logics mister GC.

Silence silences your tongue not you or your surroundings. If it would silence your whole existence / put a anti noise bubble around you, i would love to see an goblin assassin that lets himself silence so he could kill everyone in stormwind with his bombs, but no one will ever notice, because you know what he was silenced, tadaa!

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

10+ Year Old Account

Son of a... if I get a Beta key I'll have to sell it, I still have school then. GG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

No idea how to get a Beta opt in..
    Hope I get one though...
    >_><_<

15+ Year Old Account

April Fool's was my first thought... But I guess it just would be too easy...

Haven't heard anything about FFA yet.

I trust you boub though, you've been accurate about 99.98% of things posted, so I'll *thumbs up* to Beta testing soon.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Varulv
    Starcraft II will be released this summer, and Cataclysm will be released in Christmas.
    i don't think they are able to keep us playing to chistmas because the only end game raids are ICC and Ruby Sanctum.

Quote Originally Posted by Varulv
    I can bet that they hold off on SC2 till Christmas, they would sell far more copies. They know we will all buy Cataclysm regardless of the season.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksky
    No idea how to get a Beta opt in..
    Hope I get one though...
    >_><_<
    Would probably be with battle.net, login and go to "Beta Profile Settings".. Their you should have the info they need and then hope you'll get an invite.
    ALTF4.