Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Cataclysm Testing in April, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leowyld
    Almost verbatim what people said at the Cataclysm reveal and the new races reveal. What is it that they say about learning from history?
    Burden of proof is the obligation of a party on one side of a dispute or issue to provide sufficient evidence in support of their position.

he made a claim, therefore has to offer proof that he is right. if he doesn't, then its just speculation (not that i'm not into speculating about things, i just hate people that say things are truth without evidence.)
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

10+ Year Old Account

It is not a dispute, though. Boub posts headline, they happen. Time and time again. He may get small details wrong, but I challenge you to find a single headline he missed the mark on.
    Cosmic greetings, all, I'm the Raccoonatic Commander!
    Leowyld of Emerald Dream-US

15+ Year Old Account

It is not a dispute, though. Boub posts headline, they happen. Time and time again. He may get small details wrong, but I challenge you to find a single headline he missed the mark on.
    irrelevant, without proof its nothing but speculation.

10+ Year Old Account

How accurate a news source has been in the past is irrelevant to how accurate any given news article they put out is? Seems quite relevant to me. A second certainty with Boub's major headlines, lurkers and newbies register just to post that Boub is "speculating". Boub has proven he has solid sources, he cannot reveal them, but he has definitely proven their existence in the past.

15+ Year Old Account

How accurate a news source has been in the past is irrelevant to how accurate any given news article they put out is? Seems quite relevant to me. A second certainty with Boub's major headlines, lurkers and newbies register just to post that Boub is "speculating". Boub has proven he has solid sources, he cannot reveal them, but he has definitely proven their existence in the past.
    actually he's proven nothing. i don't care if he is potentially correct, you are not understanding this, the only thing i'm saying is that without evidence that he is correct, he isn't.

Or you're just being difficult about this.

How about this - do you have any evidence he's wrong?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Elaithin
    Or you're just being difficult about this.

How about this - do you have any evidence he's wrong?
    it doesn't work that way. He who does not carry the burden of proof carries the benefit of assumption, meaning he needs no evidence to support his claim.

look it up, tis good reading.

10+ Year Old Account

How about a concept called trust? It is the general idea that when an individual has proven himself to be reliable, you can believe what he says. Look that up.

15+ Year Old Account

How about a concept called trust? It is the general idea that when an individual has proven himself to be reliable, you can believe what he says. Look that up.
    i trust people that i know and can physically interact with, not a nameless entity on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account

Actually, he does have a name. So, you are saying there is no such thing as a trustworthy news source?

15+ Year Old Account

Actually, he does have a name. So, you are saying there is no such thing as a trustworthy news source?
    actually he doesn't. until i meet him face to face (which would be awesome in any case) he is a nameless/faceless entity, just like any other person on this planet.

don't get me wrong, he could be a great guy in RL but i simply don't care.

10+ Year Old Account

You don't know his *real* name, that does not means he lacks *a* name. A pseudonym *is* a type of name, look it up.

15+ Year Old Account

You don't know his *real* name, that does not means he lacks *a* name. A pseudonym *is* a type of name, look it up.
    nit-pik much?

my point is, and i'll hammer this again until it sticks, i do NOT care if he was right in the past. what i DO care is the fact that everything is take as truth when it should be taken as speculation (which it is). i don't hate the site, i don't hate the person that runs the site, i don't even hate the people that post/troll here. what i DO hate (can't even call it that, more like find distasteful) is that everybody here jumps on every word that is said like it is gospel when it should be taken with a grain of salt. like all information you should always look upon it with a little distrust (can't find better word at moment)

15+ Year Old Account

What a bad joke =(

10+ Year Old Account

Are you presenting the argument that Boub is providing information without any reliable sources, lava?

15+ Year Old Account

Are you presenting the argument that Boub is providing information without any reliable sources, lava?
    i'm not presenting any argument past "take all information with a grain of salt"

Quote Originally Posted by lavafoxx
    nit-pik much?

my point is, and i'll hammer this again until it sticks, i do NOT care if he was right in the past. what i DO care is the fact that everything is take as truth when it should be taken as speculation (which it is). i don't hate the site, i don't hate the person that runs the site, i don't even hate the people that post/troll here. what i DO hate (can't even call it that, more like find distasteful) is that everybody here jumps on every word that is said like it is gospel when it should be taken with a grain of salt. like all information you should always look upon it with a little distrust (can't find better word at moment)
    Being stubbornly cynical in the face of all evidence is not the trait of a wise person, it is the trait of some one who lacks any ability to make judgments at all. Every time Boub posts some spoiler or piece of news there is some retard or a group of retards who think they're going to show how smart they are by "debunking" it (even when they need to find the weakest rationalization to do so) and they are inevitably wrong.

Whether it be the retail box for Wrath, or spoilers about upcoming patches, content, Cataclysm, etc, Boub gets it consistently right, because he has good sources and because he doesn't generally post just any rumor that exists. Believe him or don't believe him, it's your right, but don't post about how you doubt it or blah blah blah and expect anything other than flaming/trolling directed in your direction. No one cares if you believe it, because unlike Boub, you really **are** an anonymous pissant on the internet. He has a track record and you just have a keyboard and an internet connection.

Do yourself a favor, and keep your mouth shut on this subject. Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and confirm it.

10+ Year Old Account

I asked, lava, because if you are going to accuse Boub of posting information without sources (i.e. speculating), according to your rulebook, you have to back up *that* statement with proof. If you don't have evidence, then your claim that Boub is speculating is, according to you, speculation itself.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tang
    Being stubbornly cynical in the face of all evidence is not the trait of a wise person, it is the trait of some one who lacks any ability to make judgments at all. Every time Boub posts some spoiler or piece of news there is some retard or a group of retards who think they're going to show how smart they are by "debunking" it (even when they need to find the weakest rationalization to do so) and they are inevitably wrong.

Whether it be the retail box for Wrath, or spoilers about upcoming patches, content, Cataclysm, etc, Boub gets it consistently right, because he has good sources and because he doesn't generally post just any rumor that exists. Believe him or don't believe him, it's your right, but don't post about how you doubt it or blah blah blah and expect anything other than flaming/trolling directed in your direction. No one cares if you believe it, because unlike Boub, you really **are** an anonymous pissant on the internet. He has a track record and you just have a keyboard and an internet connection.

Do yourself a favor, and keep your mouth shut on this subject. Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and confirm it.
    you are looking way too deep into things that are not. i'm not being cynical, nor am i trying to "debunk" him. all i have said is always look upon anything with a healthy amount of skepticism. to blindly follow somebody without question, even if they have been right in the past, is one of the most foolish things a person can do.

15+ Year Old Account

I asked, lava, because if you are going to accuse Boub of posting information without sources (i.e. speculating), according to your rulebook, you have to back up *that* statement with proof. If you don't have evidence, then your claim that Boub is speculating is, according to you, speculation itself.
    actually i don't. HE made the statement to begin with, the burden is on his shoulders not mine. I, as the accuser, do not have to make any such thing.