Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Monitor/Display advice...

I have been looking at getting a new monitor and came across this one on Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824254048

Anyone have any experience with them or can give me your thoughts. I will be doing gaming mostly with the machine in my sig and replacing my old 22" Samsung 226BW. I want something that is bigger so I figured this would foot the bill and is about the price range I was looking to stay in. Also I have never owned a Hanns so I am assuming they are a good brand monitor.

Re: Monitor/Display advice...

A lot of the reviews say the color isn't as vibrant as they would of liked. But I guess you get what you pay for. In my oppinion I would just go and get a refurbished monitor that you know is good. I have never heard of Hanns until just now so... lol

Link is broken so i dunno what moniter you have but i personally have a 27.5inch hanns-g and its bright and vibrant, i have no problems with it. It is much more colorfull than my old 22 inch LG.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by zeta333
    Link is broken so i dunno what moniter you have but i personally have a 27.5inch hanns-g and its bright and vibrant, i have no problems with it. It is much more colorfull than my old 22 inch LG.
    Sorry about that should have checked the link first it should be fixed now.

Its a good model for the right price but do make sure you do what the reviewer said and use HDMI.

If you got a few extra $$$$ id recomend http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824254043 Amazing for raiding, wow and all other games. Its like playing on a whole new game. I have my 27.5inch as my main moniter and my old 22inch as my secondary to show vent and pandora and such and i cant imagine ever having to play games on the 22inch.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by zeta333
    Its a good model for the right price but do make sure you do what the reviewer said and use HDMI.

If you got a few extra $$$$ id recomend http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824254043 Amazing for raiding, wow and all other games. Its like playing on a whole new game. I have my 27.5inch as my main moniter and my old 22inch as my secondary to show vent and pandora and such and i cant imagine ever having to play games on the 22inch.
    Do or do not. The user of that monitor said to use DVI instead of HDMI just checking to make sure.

Also yeah I saw that 28" screen and thought about it, but I am scrapping as it is to pull the money together for the 25" Playing on a 22" is not bad I thought it was a godsend when I went from a 19" to 22"...lol I will probally say the same thing about this one as well. The 22" will be going to my son and I may just take his old 19" and use it as a 2nd monitor.

25" vs 28"

The 28" is 3" bigger, has a resolution of 1920 x 1200 (the 25" has 1920 x 1080), it costs 90$ more.
    If you're willing to pay the extra 90$ for a bigger screen then go for it. Imo 25" is more then enough and 1920 x 1080 is full HD.

15+ Year Old Account

I have a Hanns-G 24" and it's quite good. I don't notice any issues with color depth or with contrast (deep blacks seem fine to me). It seems well built and has a sturdy base. I really can't say anything bad about it. The control buttons are under the front bezel (not sure if they are on the model you're looking at or not), so that might be a minus to some people, but it's a plus for me, since I can't accidentally hit a button.

Using a ---> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...1330&Tpk=p2370

Awesome monitor, not a single complaint I can think of, except maybe for the not rock solid base, but if you're not planning on wobbling it too much then it shouldn't be a problem.
    It even looks so damn good when it's turned off!