FRAPS FPS Hiccups?

Okay so, I'm trying to record with FRAPS, and for some reason, whenever I'm recording, my FPS is moving like waves: Up and down, over and over.

I set the window size to 1280x720 (Wide) for things like 25man or battleground so that my FPS is actually above 10, and in AB, I was getting constant 80+ FPS, capped at 30 when Recording, but for some reason, every 10 seconds or so, my FPS would drop down to 20 for about 5 seconds, then go back up to 30. It kept doing this over and over again for the three minutes that I was recording, regardless of where I was or what I was doing.

Anyone know what's going on? :x It didn't seem to do this before, because I recorded two ICC10 Heroic videos and there were no odd FPS spikes, even on Blood Princes, where there's tons of effects going on everywhere.

WoW settings are maxed, except Shadow Quality, which is at minimum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Re: FRAPS FPS Hiccups?

Nobody knows how I can fix this? :-\
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm

Someone...? Anyone? I can't seem to figure out what's making my FPS drop.

-Firefox is closed
    -Combat logs are disabled
    -No scrolling text or combat text

Yet wherever I am, I have these odd FPS hiccups. I tried it in Zangarmarsh, my FPS was 110+ when not recording, and I still was having these weird hiccups when recording.

Also used that "Core Temp" program to watch my CPU frequency, and it was at max (2.999 mHZ) the whole time while recording, even at the weird FPS drops. Though for some reason, it kept switching between something like 1999 mHZ and the max MHz the whole time (even when not recording). But it would only do it for a fraction of a second.

Have you checked your CPUs temperature?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    Have you checked your CPUs temperature?
    It's not any different than usual, and it can't be dusty because I just got a new 3.0 gHZ CPU a month ago, and when replacing it, fully cleaned out the fan and heatsink. I also de-dust the fan every month just to make sure it doesn't get too hot.

The only things I can think of that have changed is my video driver. I upgraded my nVidia graphics card driver, but a friend told me that the latest update screws up temperatures, so I rolled back to an older one, but I don't know which older one. (I know it wasn't VERY old, though.) GPU temperatures haven't changed, though.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    I was waiting for you to come in here and link to the stickies. I already read them. =/ None of the information helped solve my issue.

The thing is, FRAPS was working fine a couple weeks ago, but now I can't record anything because of these weird FPS drops. In those two weeks I haven't changed any hardware and nothing else has been having issues related to hardware so I don't think it could be a hardware issue.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Vook
    I was waiting for you to come in here and link to the stickies. I already read them. =/ None of the information helped solve my issue.

The thing is, FRAPS was working fine a couple weeks ago, but now I can't record anything because of these weird FPS drops. In those two weeks I haven't changed any hardware and nothing else has been having issues related to hardware so I don't think it could be a hardware issue.
    You obviously didn't read the one I linked. It was pointing to the information you should list if you want help.

Disc fragmentation perhaps, or some other disc IO bottleneck?
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah
    Disc fragmentation perhaps, or some other disc IO bottleneck?
    Analyzed the disk, said 1% fragmented, so can't be that.

I upgraded to a more recent version of FRAPS, and that seemed to fix it, as far as I can tell. Haven't tested it out in outside places, but it worked flawlessly in ICC.

Looking forward to seeing what your system specs are.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Try remove some unnecessary register files. A good program to use for this is CCleaner, it removed over 1 gig of unnecessary files the first time I ran it.
    CCleaner website
    Defraggler, a very good defragging program
    Both of these programs are free and very good. I use both of them on my computers.