FPS Issue, Tried everything.

So ever since the release of ICC I've been battling frame rate issues, and I honestly don't know what my issue is. I've tried the macros and just about every piece of advise in the low FPS post. I run about 30-40 FPS in Dalaran, and in ICC its about 30 but once I enter combat it drops to 7 or lower.

As of right now, I run a nvidia GeForce 9400 GT Intel Core 1.8GHz dual core processor, and 4 gigs of ram on a 32 bit vista operating system (I dont know what that actually equals out to). I also have about 20 MB of addons, and even when I turn them off I still get the same issue.

Normally I run my video effects on fair with projected textures turned on and I've used the macros to lower my settings super uber low and still had the same issue, 30 out of combat and 7 in combat. V-Sync off, don't run windowed mode. My resolution is 1920x1080 with a refresh rate of 60Hz.

And I have officially ran out of ideas, all help is greatly appreciated.

Re: FPS Issue, Tried everything.

Lower your resolution, your video card and CPU are both very low end. At 1920x1080 you shouldn't expect playable framerates with that computer. I'm surprised you get 30-40fps in Dalaran.
    Errors using inadequate data are much less than those using no data at all. - Charles Babbage

What would you recommend I set my resolution to?
    This is really the last step I wanted to take because any resolution besides the one of the monitor you use makes WoW look pretty horrible.

Try 1440x900(16:10) to maybe 1680x1050 in windowed mode and it won't look too bad. The other option is to upgrade your computer.
    Errors using inadequate data are much less than those using no data at all. - Charles Babbage

Ive been meaning to get around to that, trying to save up,

So I have a 1440x900 monitor sitting around, will this help my FPS issue so I dont have to lower my res on a bigger monitor?

1440x900 is going to look the same on any monitor, the only reason it doesn't look good on a 1920x1080 monitor is because the aspect ratio is totally different and the picture is stretched or compacted to fit the screen. If you run it at 1440x900 in windowed mode it will appear as it should, filling 1440 horizontal pixels instead of the 1920, and 900 vertical pixels instead of 1080. I'm not sure how much windowed mode will effect performance but running on a standard 16:10 aspect ratio monitor will definitely make it look as it should in full screen.

15+ Year Old Account

Stickies exist for a reason (hmm, maybe that should be my sig)

You have a low end CPU and low end graphic card. Besides turning things down, there aren't many options.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    Stickies exist for a reason (hmm, maybe that should be my sig)

You have a low end CPU and low end graphic card. Besides turning things down, there aren't many options.
    I've tried just bout everything in that post. I guess there really isn't much I can do seeing as turning my resolution down failed as well. Thanks for all the advice though. I will just pursue my last option of buying a new machine.