Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Ret Paladin/ Lich King fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Todyn
    i think its dependent on your gear,

when i rawr myself, SoV > SoC after only about 9.7 seconds
    Argh... This was my point entirely. Beh... never mind.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Pro tip to fighting the Lich King as a Ret: Hit him with your weapon.

*Runs away before I get hit*
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    I [opinion] [cataclysm feature] and you should to. Anything who disagrees with me that [cataclysm feature] is [opinion] is a big [insult].
    I asked all of my friends and they all agreed with me that [cataclysm feature] is as [opinion] as it is possible to be.
    Blizzard are so [opinion], what [compliment/insult]s they all are!

There, now we can stop posting new topics in the Cataclysm forum altogether.
    And if you disagree with me you're an [insult].

Like People have been saying SoV in all but p2. In p2, if you happen to have mail gear for whatever reason, you might be able to seal swap between SoC and SoV. But it's best to stick to command for the duration of p2 since rets have some of if not the highest damage on valks (courtesy of SoC).

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Command will out DPS Righteousness at the 258+ iLevel of gear, even on single targets.
    thats not the argument ehre what he is saying is that SoR outbursts SoC because of higher judgement and a seal procc on judgement hit, so for realy short fights SoR will outburst SoC and depending on how long the valkyrs live SoR might very well be better than SoC for damaging them this depends also on the dps of the rest of your guild.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by maaghen
    thats not the argument ehre what he is saying is that SoR outbursts SoC because of higher judgement and a seal procc on judgement hit, so for realy short fights SoR will outburst SoC and depending on how long the valkyrs live SoR might very well be better than SoC for damaging them this depends also on the dps of the rest of your guild.
    Only if you use Judgement to attack. With CS and DS, you will also get the SoC proc and at this level of gear, it hits harder than SoR and has a very good likelyhood to crit.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Since this thread is alive and instead of making another post on a similar, but not the exact same topic I'll just post my question here.

I was asked last night for the LK fight to "not take unnecessary damage," which is rule of raiding no.3 I think, so I figured "okay, cool what am I doing and how can I not do it again? I brought up my AEs Conc and DS (completely forgetting about holy wrath) and was told by the MT that I "might have to drop those abilities to avoid taking unnecessary damage." I already use SoV for P1 and (as I just read is BAD, so it won't happen again) was using holy wrath. My question is, was it just the holy wrath which was pulling to much threat, and if I drop that I'll be good? Or, do I need to start worrying about figuring out how to maximize my dps w/o conc or DS?

And for reference, our set up is:
    MT - Druid
    OT - Pally
    Myself
    UH DK
    Arcane Mage
    Aff lock
    MM Hunter
    Tree of Win
    Bubble-bot disc priest
    and Pally healer
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Consecrate should be OK if the druid is dealing aoe threat also, if not then all the ghouls will go to you.
    DON'T holy wrath because that stuns the adds and you gain threat while the OT should be trying to taunt them for Necrotic Plague stacking.

Click sig for armory!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphe
    Consecrate should be OK if the druid is dealing aoe threat also, if not then all the ghouls will go to you.
    DON'T holy wrath because that stuns the adds and you gain threat while the OT should be trying to taunt them for Necrotic Plague stacking.
    I'll check World of Logs (or have someone with a recount from last night link to me) when I get home to see what my MT was doing. Thanks for the quick response!
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Well generally in my 10 man, I'll go ahead and go my full rotation, that way I get all 3 ghouls on me at a time that spawn.
    That way our OT pally can use Righteous Defense on me to pull them off without pulling LK also.
    That's something you could try.

Edit: In either case, holy wrath still shouldn't be used.

Click sig for armory!

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphe
    Actually, it would be GREAT if you can get threat from the ghouls. That way the OT (since he is a pally), can select you and then use Righteous Defense. That's way better than having to target the ghouls one by one and taunting them (since Hand of Reckoning got a long cooldown and should be saved for the bigger adds when they spawn). So you got my vote for consecrate, divine storm, holy wrath etc. And let the druid single target tank. That should make it alot easier for the offtank.

This is the way I'm offtanking on the Lich King fight aswell as a Protection Paladin. Warrior MT, and a Death Knight is just doing some AOE, so I can easily taunt multiple mobs from him.

SoV works best on any phase, depends on how good your other DPSers are, SoComm once in a while might yield slightly better results but it's not a 'oh woah' thing either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bron
    tell your tank to do his job and taunt the ghouls off the melee.
    Or get your head out of your ass and pay attention to the respawn timer.

Or if you get bad luck as an honest mistake (lag/delayed DS) and aggro a few, run up to the tank and holy wrath the ghouls in place to get rid of them (watch your step don't get cleaved).

Quote Originally Posted by theredviola
    Since this thread is alive and instead of making another post on a similar, but not the exact same topic I'll just post my question here.

I was asked last night for the LK fight to "not take unnecessary damage," which is rule of raiding no.3 I think, so I figured "okay, cool what am I doing and how can I not do it again? I brought up my AEs Conc and DS (completely forgetting about holy wrath) and was told by the MT that I "might have to drop those abilities to avoid taking unnecessary damage." I already use SoV for P1 and (as I just read is BAD, so it won't happen again) was using holy wrath. My question is, was it just the holy wrath which was pulling to much threat, and if I drop that I'll be good? Or, do I need to start worrying about figuring out how to maximize my dps w/o conc or DS?

And for reference, our set up is:
    MT - Druid
    OT - Pally
    Myself
    UH DK
    Arcane Mage
    Aff lock
    MM Hunter
    Tree of Win
    Bubble-bot disc priest
    and Pally healer
    as said, you should get initial threat to make it one taunt to get the adds, but DO NOT stun them. keep con down and when they pop up DS the piss out of them, get aggro than let the OT taunt before you hit them again, to lower the chance they come back to you.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

I roll Vengeance all the way except of Valkyrs.

15+ Year Old Account

Thanks for all the responses guys. I'll coordinate this info with the UH DK and the Pally OT for our next attempt.

Quote Originally Posted by Revved
    Actually, it would be GREAT if you can get threat from the ghouls. That way the OT (since he is a pally), can select you and then use Righteous Defense. That's way better than having to target the ghouls one by one and taunting them (since Hand of Reckoning got a long cooldown and should be saved for the bigger adds when they spawn). So you got my vote for consecrate, divine storm, holy wrath etc. And let the druid single target tank. That should make it alot easier for the offtank.

This is the way I'm offtanking on the Lich King fight aswell as a Protection Paladin. Warrior MT, and a Death Knight is just doing some AOE, so I can easily taunt multiple mobs from him.
    Exactly what I said in my previous post

Click sig for armory!

Quote Originally Posted by Revved

Yeah dude, that was cleverly thought :P. I'm gonna tell that to our pally tank, he may already know it tho (I can't remember if he did it or not during p1). I had like 3 ghouls running after me when I dropped of the plague, a few ppl chuckled on vent "Look, Lyriel got 3 ghouls after him, haha" - ye lame humor ftl lol.

25-man

-Seal of Command till last phase, then Seal of Vengeance.

10-man

-Seal of Vengeance for P1, Seal of Righteousness for Transitions and P2 for Valkyr burst, then Seal of Vengeance for last phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrane
    25-man

-Seal of Command till last phase, then Seal of Vengeance.

10-man

-Seal of Vengeance for P1, Seal of Righteousness for Transitions and P2 for Valkyr burst, then Seal of Vengeance for last phase.
    No no no!

25 man, Seal of Vengeance in P1! Command is a waste of dps that could go to LK.

Click sig for armory!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashmon

P1: Seal of Vengeance/Corruption
    transition- Vengeance/Corruption
    P2: Seal of Command
    transition- Vengeance/Corruption
    P3: Seal of Vengeance

The only time you want to change from SoV in this fight is in 25 man (and only 25 man) P2 during a Val'kyr spawning; use SoC. And then, only assuming you're raid synergy is working and you have them all moving to the same spot.

PROTIP: At ICC gear levels SoC is always better than SoR.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh