Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

April Fools, Blue posts, Comics

Everything you know is wrong!
    Surprisingly, the last 2 posts on the front page were ... April Fools! No, Paragon and Premonition aren't merging, and no, taurens do not have the biggest e-peens out there. See you next year for another round of very subtle jokes!

I will leave the last comment of the day to Deathwing, who isn't as evil as you might think.
    Originally Posted by Deathwing (Blue Tracker)
    Dear Adventurers of Azeroth,

It has come to my attention that certain organizations, who shall remain nameless (Wyrmrest Accord, for one) have (Argent Crusade, too) tried to paint me (the Horde and the Alliance, come to think of it)(you know, I think pretty much everyone) in the worst light possible.

They claim that I will lay waste to Azeroth with fire and FIERY PITS OF LAVA and storms and oh-so-much mayhem and destruction.

Nothing could be further from the truth. I am not a destroyer. I am a creator. You all just happen to be standing on my canvas. I'm sure you can see that, if you just move a few hundred leagues away from your cities and towns, things will work out for both of us.

You will all see. My design is grand, the scope enormous. The world will be a much better place, I am certain, if we just tweak things a little here and there, like a few hundred thousand dragon eggs or the beaches of Darkshore. I mean, you guys wanted some water in Thousand Needles. I'm giving it to you!

If you disagree with my plans, just put a little note in the box. I'll be sure to read each and every one of them. Just don't come pounding on my door and make a mess of things. Don't send your armies against me, don't run screaming to the Kirin Tor. We can all live peacefully, together, in this great new world that I designed.

I will even give you a pony.

Now I shall take my leave of you. You have given me much in these few, short hours, including troll meat, carcasses, and the chance to sing. Until we meet again, brave souls, until we meet again.

Sincerely,
    The Artist Formerly Known As The Destroyer
    Recent In-Game Fixes - March 2010 - 3/31
    One day late on the hotfixes because announcing a warrior nerf on April 1st didn't seem right.
    Originally Posted by Bornakk (Blue Tracker)
    Listed below are recent fixes we have applied to the game. Keep in mind that some of these changes may not be active until after the realm has been restarted.

To review previous in-game fixes, please visit:

3/31
    • The talent Brain Freeze should no longer to be triggered by casting the spell Frostfire Bolt.
    • Scourgelord Tyrannus should no longer remount Rimefang during the encounter.
    • Revenge can now only be used once for each time it activates.
    • The damage buff the generals in Alterac Valley receive from the tower guards has been increased.
    Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Account-Bound Emblems?
    Account bound emblems would encourage players to continue to play on their decked-out main character then toss stuff to their alt, get them decently geared and maybe not do anything with them at all because they are already decently geared.

The interest in playing an alt should be that it's something you want to do. The current emblem system allows these characters to gear up much faster and that is through playing the alt itself which is a good thing. (Source)

Expansions discount
    We're always looking for ways to make World of Warcraft as affordable and worth every dollar possible for players, particularly as it will soon require purchasing one game and three expansions just to receive access to all of the latest content. This is why we have offered boxed sets and discounted prices on the original game and The Burning Crusade. You can expect similar discounts going further as the life of this game moves on. Of course, this type of marketing is more to benefit those just getting started who are interested in experiencing more than just the 1-60 game.

We also know a lot of couples and families set out to purchase multiply copies of each expansion released in order to play together. It can understandably be much more of an investment in such cases. I don't have any direct plans to share with you at this time with regard to potential package deals for buying multiple copies of Cataclysm, but it's always something to consider. We do what we can when marketing any Blizzard product to players -- whether it be games or in-game pets for sale -- to be as accommodating as possible, letting customers decide what is valuable to them. (Source)

Why doesn't Blizzard sell ... ?
    We're of the philosophy that, if there is a market for some fun, virtual flavor items which can be purchased using real-world cash to aesthetically enhance a player's character in a way they deem valuable, we'll provide that service. So far the virtual pet store has been very successful in this regard. Some players might think it's ridiculous to spend real money on a virtual pet that serves no gameplay purpose, so they can easily choose not to invest in that market. There's a very important distinction here though. If a person deems a virtual item not to be worth its value in real money, that person is not negatively impacted when someone else feels differently and runs around in the game with the virtual item on display.

It's an important part of the philosophy that, while we will expand the market for those who are willing to purchase with real money virtual flavor items, we want to avoid selling direct combat advantages to people. We want players to want to play the game to set themselves apart from other players, get more powerful items, or obtain in-game wealth. The reasons for playing the game become almost completely compromised if the best gear rewards for continuing to play can just be bought. (Source)

Are paid companion pets better than free ones?
    Do we want to make sure any pets we sell for real money are very cool? Of course. Does that mean more design resources are dedicated to them than other pets? Not necessarily.

Sure, some pets have higher polygon counts because they were added to the game much later, but we're not intentionally saving the "best" pets for sale. Ultimately, your opinion of what are the best or highest quality pets is subjective. I have all of the pets from the store. I have some of the pets we've released for limited purposes (i.e. Murky). My personal favorite pet right now is the Onyxia Whelpling. Players literally had to do nothing for that pet but log in within a certain, fairly generous window of time and check their mail. It isn't very rare, wasn't hard to obtain, and did not cost money, but I love it.

I digress. The one major distinction here is that the value of flavor/vanity items is determined subjectively by each player. The value of a piece of gear is determined by its stats, rarity, how difficult it is to obtain, and the number crunchers who know how to min/max a class. That value is much more intrinsic in terms of gameplay. (Source)

Druid (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Tier 10 Restoration 4-Piece Bonus Bug
    Thanks for the reports! We're looking into this and should have a fix in a future patch. (Source)

Mage (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Frostfire Bolts / Brain Freeze
    We are going to change it (or perhaps already did judging from some of these posts) that Frostfire Bolt can't proc Brain Freeze.

It's not an ideal solution for some of the reasons that you guys have been mentioned. However technically we don't have the ability to start the internal cooldown on use instead of when the proc is gained. It's possible to get the code changed, but that means it's unlikely something we could hotfix in. Long-term we'll look into a solution that isn't so mean to Frostfire Bolt. (Source)

Warrior (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Rage management
    Heroic Strike is supposed to be a rage dump and in an environment where you are converting every swing into a Heroic Strike, it's a safe assumption that rage isn't really a resource anymore. The decision is supposed to be "Do I have enough rage to Heroic Strike?" vs. "If I don't Heroic Strike now, am I wasting rage?" Warriors need to be balanced around doing some Heroic Striking -- not converting every white swing to a HS and not so rage starved that they can never hit it either.

I've been hinting that we're likely to change rage in Cataclysm, and I'll do so again in the hopes that some smart players will come out and defend that decision when we get a lot of "You can't change rage!" posts. (Source)
    Comics
    A new comic has been added to the official site.

15+ Year Old Account

Re: April Fools, Blue posts, Comics

Oh, it's just April Fools. Lawl ;D
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

Wow, didn't see that coming

Loving the Comic and the Deathwing letter. :P

Haha, the comic is <3

Love the letter.

And I honestly never looked at it like that. GG, Tirion. GG.

Awesome comic, I too did wonder what did Blizzard think when they first say that the whole thing must remain a secret, and then make a fountain outta it.. Good job.

Comic is really good

10+ Year Old Account

The comic is epic, laughed my heart out

I'll take the Pony. Let the Deathwing do whatever he wants to do.
    Feral4Life since 2005
    cpu: Intel i9-9900K mobo: ASUS Maximus XI Extreme
    cooling: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 Pro gpu: ASUS RTX-2080 Ti
    ssd: Samsung 970Pro, 960 Evo, 860 Evo sound: sadly onboard
    case: Silverstone Fortress 2 Limited Edition (WRI) (I love that beauty)
    ram: 32G G.Skill 3200 C14 display: ACER X27 (G-Sync HDR IPS)

Deathwing's letter is awesome xDDD

" I MUST be forgotten, Tirion "

*Ice-Facepalm*

Ice-facepalm, lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille

Surprisingly, the last 2 posts on the front page were ... April Fools!
    oh yes, sooooo surprising...

10+ Year Old Account

Poor deathwing i think we should let him redesign the world without the evil mages or dragons trying to stop him..

Also lol at bolvar this just proves tirion is an idiot :P

Seriously? An april fools joke? Dammit, I just took out a loan to buy the neural interface, too....

Deleted

Neltharion is such a nice guy (pony squeeee!) Why have people been so mean towards him? And damn, those fiery lava pits sound like a great vacation spot.

woot, I'm getting a pony from Deathwing the Artist!
    Oh and the comic is also win one, saw it yesterday already though.

The comic made me giggle a bit

15+ Year Old Account

To Deathwing:

We don't want a pony, just give us a moose and we won't QQ about that!