Question about crossfire

Hi everyone.

I have an Asus motherboard with 2 PCIe ports, one in x16 and one in x4.
    I currently use 1 XFX radeon 5770 and might get another one later. So my question is, will the second 5770 be bottlenecked by the PCIe x4 port?

Re: Question about crossfire

The way xfire works is if you have 1 x16 and 1 x4 slot when you put both cards in they will just run at 2/(16+4). So x10 pretty much. As for WoW liking xfire, my friend runs a 4870x2 and gets wired lag spikes. We was using a gtx260 216core version before this and it was running a lot better. So honestly, unless you do a lot of video editing/rendering stuff, I would just stick with the 5770. Your performance in WoW will be just fine. :P

So the second 5770 won't be bottlenecked? I know a single 5770 is more then enough for wow but I play other games aswell.

I'm not going to buy another card for some time but I wanna be sure my motherboard can handle it.

I do not know about bottlenecking, but since wow does not support multiple GPU's as far as I know in any form, it will certainly will not benefit and could potentially suffer as a result.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    Hi everyone.

I have an Asus motherboard with 2 PCIe ports, one in x16 and one in x4.
    I currently use 1 XFX radeon 5770 and might get another one later. So my question is, will the second 5770 be bottlenecked by the PCIe x4 port?
    Yes and no. 2x 5770 is seriously lot of GPU power for current games and depending on what you're playing you might not reach the point where the motherboard's limitations are holding you back. But from purely technical standpoint yes. The motherboard will slow down theoretical maximum speed of your GFX cards. IIRC best current chipsets can run 2x 16 channel PCI and 1x 8 channel at the same time if you're concerned about bottlenecks.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

8x is fine for most users/gamers, therefore 10x on both PCI-e ports should be sufficient and won't bottleneck your cards.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely