Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Eyonix leaves Blizzard

Eyonix leaves Blizzard
    A couple of minutes ago, Eyonix announced he would leave the Community Team and Blizzard to explore other opportunities. I don't think we can do anything more than wish him good luck.

I usually do not share personal opinions in news posts but I'll make an exception and say one thing: Damn. That sucks.
    Originally Posted by Eyonix (Blue Tracker)
    For nearly six years, we've shared our thoughts with one and other, we've laughed, we've argued, and we've cried -- the crying part was just me wasn't it? Those times, I'm afraid must come to an end as I've made the decision to explore opportunities outside of Blizzard.

It has very honestly been a huge pleasure, and I thank you all for allowing 'Eyonix' to always remain a very fond memory as I move on.

Re: Eyonix leaves Blizzard

Will be missed

can someone please enlighten (lol english) me on who this person is?

I mean, what was his main role in the community scene?

anyway, good luck on his future!
    BoOoOoOmMmM!

Community manager, and if you're wondering who he is. I'll just quote what someone said earlier in a chat with me : He was one of the good guys.

WHATTTT?!!?!

April Fools!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks
    TL;DR: Druids ah so ova powa'd!
    P.S. Nerf scissors
    Love,
    Rock.
    (-.-)

Why would someone leave a job like that?
    Seems like a dream job >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Community manager, and if you're wondering who he is. I'll just quote what someone said earlier in a chat with me : He was one of the good guys.
    cheers for the info boub.

Like once someone told me: "its always the good guys that go away first". (no, not talking about some1 passing away, simply...leaving)
    BoOoOoOmMmM!

Deleted

Now that sucks.

Can't take anything serious these days. (Now, why would that be?) - But if this is true then I'll wish him good luck and he will always be my favourite <Innkeeper>

:'(
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=17615362642&sid=1&pageNo=1

This is shit!

You'll be missed!

Quote Originally Posted by ctskelton
    April Fools!
    If only

Deleted

i guess im the only one that doesen't know who he is ???

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291
    No, Playboy oil guy is a dream job. I'm sure Eyonix's job was quite demanding. He's wishing him well in his future endeavors.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Pity, he always seemed one of the nicest (and least arrogant) regular Blizzard posters.

Sad to see him go. I always liked Eyonix.

But I wonder why?

Too many idiots on the forums and he was fed up?
    Getting tired of Blizzard's bad story telling and letting Knaak have his way too much with lore?

Probably something else entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilina
    you: I DISAGREE WITH BOUB

mods: KISS THE BOOT BITCH
    Hey, I disagree with Boub sometimes, particularly over the "Thrall is Guardian" thing, and I never got banned. *knock on wood?* kaos was being an asshole troll.

HE is one of oldest blue poster for wow comunity, he was in some way different in aproaching comunity in first years if look to other blue posters of that time.
    While most of them made fun on account of first comunity or when they act more like destroying good creative posters idea he was oposite to them.
    So im sad that he is leaving Blizzard.

<Insert sad panda face here>
    "For if men needed speech in order to learn to think, they had a still greater need for knowing how to think in order to discover the art of speaking"

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291
    There are many reasons for wanting to change a job. Sometimes you do it just because you stagnate at your current position. Sometimes you want to see the greener pastures. Sometimes you just wake up and want to do something completely different. Sometimes life changes making the current job an impossiblity.

But if I were to wager a guess:

Long work-days and lots of overtime, family-unfriendly work hours, heavy stress environment when 11 million geeks know the game better than you will devour you for any one single careless word, and probably not the best pay in the world. While the upsides obviously is being able to work on a labour of love amongst great colleagues, it is not a job you get old in unless you really enjoy abuse or the subject material. There are many reasons to NOT want to work for blizzard, the major part being that once your hobby becomes your job, it very often stops being fun.

The fact that Eyonix stuck to it as long as he did, and as well as he did makes me want to /salute him. Truly one of the good guys. You will be missed!
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]