Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...

Re: Why are Spriests considered OP?

Quote Originally Posted by crikk23
    am i the only one who thought they would never see the day when Shadow priest where called OP...
    i mean when the last time was shadow priest good?

also it probably just ppl not use to seeing shadow priest be on even ground with them in no time the OP will die out and there become a normal class again.
    Sounds like you just walked into 3.1 and are a ret paladin... i'm touchy on the subject, and I always end the debate the same way, saying we got nerfed because people couldn't handle rets being viable at all in any way, therefore.. I will not go into that.

But on to shadow priests...

Imo, the reason everyone thinks Spriests are OP is because they are over powered, just like a resto druid is OP. Well.. Maybe not just like but they are both OP. A Spriest always starts the battle with their PW:S, absorbing the better part of your first attacks, giving them time to put up their Dots, which tick for an ungodly amount of damage (I can heal through a full set of warlock dots easier) Followed by the fact they take 15% less damage in shadowform, add resilience, and you have Spriests with Shields AND Shieldwalls running around, doing WAY to much damage. Their damage is not steady like say a warriors, or a rogues. It doesn't sit there and eat away at you at a moderate rate. A spriest eats through you like a white hot knife through butter, and it never ends. Add in the fact that Shadowfiends hit decently hard (More than a rogues auto attack) Returns mana. The amount of healing a Spriest can do. Dispersion. When fighting hybrids like Spriests, You never used to see them heal. It was not worth it. Hopping out of Sform, and casting enough heals to bring the target to full, and then hopping back into Sform used to take too much mana to be worth it, leaving them a purple husk of nothingness. Now they can hop out, heal to full, hop back in with hardly any mana eaten away, and Shadowfiend gives mana back... Then Dispersion comes in if they need mana again...

Tl;DR
    Shields, around 35%+ Damage reduction in decent Resil
    Dots tick harder than a full row of dots from a affliction warlock
    Heals are very powerful, and they have no mana issues from healing
    Fear, Silence, and Disarm on top of everything else.
    http://www.youtube.com/ThinkingsHard Youtube for WoW PvP, Arenas, BG's, PvE, Starcraft II and possibly more!

Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    They have great offense and defense. They're the best class in the game to DPS and heal at the same time. They DPS you and heal themselves with the same spells. This means they don't have to stop or sacrifice DPS to heal themselves or keep themselves alive. The harder they DPS the more they heal themselves. They also have instant cast shields and such to avoid damage.

Only other 2 classes that can heal themselves while DPS are Blood DKs and Locks and they are a lot less efficient at it.
    VE can't heal through shit.
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Any class with a formidable defence coupled with an equally formidable offense, it will be very strong or borderline OP.

Druids, Paladins, Death Knights, Frost Mages etc

The trick is to find the balance of offense and defense, the amount of those, how strong those are, and what counters there are to them.

Spriests are weak to dispelling/purging in my experience. Slap in a silence, take away a possible shield or other buff, kill it.

I play an Elemental shaman, and I don't have much trouble with Spriests, it's often even fights.
    Now warlocks, those I hate.

My main has been a feral druid for nearly all of Wrath. Recently, I've gotten a shadow priest to 80 and have started PvP'ing with that toon. Also, I only do Battlegrounds.

1.) Ferals WTFPWN Shadow Priests. Berserk, Immune to Disarm, etc. Ferals are the perfect counter. I'm sure not the only ones.
    2.) As a Shadow Priest I get owned just as much as I did Feral. I do feel I'm competitive, and certainly other players can't just ignore or faceroll against me. But there is no way I'm a one man army. If there is a high amount of melee with the least bit of healing, I get trounced on... medic!
    3.) When I PvP'd with my Hunter back in TBC, I would 90% of the time be in the top 3 of kill/dps charts for a Battleground. As a Shadow Priest I'm finding that happens only about every 3rd or 4th match (roughly 25%) of the time.

I think 1v1 with all the CDs available, Shadow Priests are a very very deadly opponent. Some classes are going to be able to be the rock to their scissors, and others the paper. But in a group setting, it's not like Shadow Priests are able to go 1v3 without a scratch.

Cause shadow priests have been so crap, for so long that people don't know how to counter them good yet.
    Just because this statement may not have been accurate for Ret Paladins, doesn't mean it isn't true for Shadow Priest and other classes receiving buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Elothie
    What pve has to do with pvp....they already knew the fights very well when they went live.Ok now for the OP,you can't really do much for sp dmg without hurting them badly in pve and you can't really take them some utility as there is not much (silence,ph,ps and?).You could lower the dmg of VT and make it really undispelable (such as UA maybe with a stun/fear or smthing as a punishment for dispelling it) but that would hurt them in pve badly.Maybe instead of go in the open like you would never do against a mage/rogue doubleelemental(lol),elemntal mage etc, hide behind the pillars and play it smartly.If you are a bad player the current state of shadowpriest makes it immposible to win,on the other side,if you are a good player and play it smartly you will outlast him.
    im pretty sure shadow priests were dueled in ptr before it went live.

Shadow Priests went from being a pain to ridiculous.

This is true on my Destro Warlock main w/1200+ resilience and my main alt (because I have several) Resto Druid that has ~1100 resilience.

DoT me up, Psychic Scream, Mind Flay, Mind Blast, Silence, Mind Flay, Psychic Horror, Mind Flay, Mind Blast, SW: Death = dead Warlock or Druid.

It's good Shadow Priests are tough to kill and are competitive but now it's gone from too easy to kill to too far too hard IMO.

Also I'm sure someone will say I can use my trinket. Yes I can, of course it's usually on CD. I just think it's silly that because ONE ability is on CD both of my characters are a joke and fall over like nothing.

Deleted

Yeh wow is ballanced around 1v1s with all CDs, true story.

As has been said... People have the illusion SPs are OP, as they sucked so bad for so long, that now they cant just be face rolled and loled at they are now OP...

Iv not seen this * insane ticking damage* that people mention, try weraing ur PVP gear btw, im at 2.9k SP, my VT ticks are around 1100 ish to another pvp target, so try interupting us, that really fucks up our damage btw, Interupt MF or VT.

PW:S Is also bug ridden, if used while under attack, it doesnt seem to apply its spell power to absorb increase properly, resulting in a shield that breaks in 3k damage and not around 6k as its ment to, usualy gets dispelled anyway.

Lets not mention our SHOCKINGLY mana hungry spells. Im lucky if i have enough mana to kill 1 person, never mind more, When did u ever see any other caster OOM in under 15 seconds in pvp.

10+ Year Old Account

shadowpriest was more fun as a mana battery it was our special "thing"

Quote Originally Posted by Chillstream
    Yeh wow is ballanced around 1v1s with all CDs, true story.

As has been said... People have the illusion SPs are OP, as they sucked so bad for so long, that now they cant just be face rolled and loled at they are now OP...

Iv not seen this * insane ticking damage* that people mention, try weraing ur PVP gear btw, im at 2.9k SP, my VT ticks are around 1100 ish to another pvp target, so try interupting us, that really fucks up our damage btw, Interupt MF or VT.

PW:S Is also bug ridden, if used while under attack, it doesnt seem to apply its spell power to absorb increase properly, resulting in a shield that breaks in 3k damage and not around 6k as its ment to, usualy gets dispelled anyway.

Lets not mention our SHOCKINGLY mana hungry spells. Im lucky if i have enough mana to kill 1 person, never mind more, When did u ever see any other caster OOM in under 15 seconds in pvp.
    My alt has 3300 spell power as shadow
    wear mooncloth and manareg trinket or 2t10 => never go oom
    pw:s is NOT bug ridden, for all I've noticed
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

just replying to the opening post.

bloodlust is why shadow priests are OP.

Any class that can say they have dots that do good burst during any period of time(bloodlust) is op.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputine
    Second, the Draenei used a dimensional ship powered by the holy snowflakes, which utilizes a plot-hole drive engine.

Play against a spriest and ask yourself that again

Shadowpriests melt faces.
    "The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~Bill Watterson, creator of Calvin and Hobbes

Deleted

dot n' run

S.Priests are finally decent in pvp and people still cry about it. Shadow is fine. Counter it.

cause when your shit is on cooldown it looks like they can blow you up in no time :'(

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.