Running WoW on high priority

I was wondering if there is anyway to run WoW on high priority while running vent and not have that 5 second lag time with vent?

Re: Running WoW on high priority

Google is your friend, took whole 20 seconds to find this thread about vent priority settings.

http://www.ventrilo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40258

There is also another vent lag issue where vent sound can sometimes be several minutes late. It's caused by bad audio drivers in Vista/Win7. Fix for this issue is simply forcing vent to use DirectX only and bypass the soundcard drivers: check on "use direct sound" for both input and output device, and select DS from the dropdown lists.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah
    Google is your friend, took whole 20 seconds to find this thread about vent priority settings.

http://www.ventrilo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40258

There is also another vent lag issue where vent sound can sometimes be several minutes late. It's caused by bad audio drivers in Vista/Win7. Fix for this issue is simply forcing vent to use DirectX only and bypass the soundcard drivers: check on "use direct sound" for both input and output device, and select DS from the dropdown lists.
    Thanks and trust me i did look before i posted i guess i missed it

There is 0 reason to change any process priority. Doing so is unintelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud
    There is 0 reason to change any process priority. Doing so is unintelligent.
    Care to explain why? Running it on high priority helps my FPS out a lot

Quote Originally Posted by HeyAedie
    Care to explain why? Running it on high priority helps my FPS out a lot
    Because that means it uses more power. Power that might have been used for more important programs. IMO its not a bad idea to do, it might increase performance and it probably won't cause any harm to your pc.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    Because that means it uses more power. Power that might have been used for more important programs. IMO its not a bad idea to do, it might increase performance and it probably won't cause any harm to your pc.
    It doesn't use more power. Its just a priority shift.

It puts more priority on wow running, than parts of the Operating System itself. Which can then cause the machine to crash. Crashing's not good.
    US Blizz Tech Support MVP
    Ressie - Medivh-US

Quote Originally Posted by Resa

It puts more priority on wow running, than parts of the Operating System itself. Which can then cause the machine to crash. Crashing's not good.
    I wasn't talking about power as in electricity. I was talking about power from the CPU.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Resa

This is why you shouldn't bump priority on a process. Windows has become good enough at managing itself. Going in and changing process priorities can sometimes give it fits when it needs CPU time and can't get it.