Ugh... installing addons with a non-default installation

Yeah, title says it.

I have no idea were to put my addons.

Re: Ugh... installing addons with a non-default installation

Where is your WoW-folder? Same place even if you stuck your root folder someplace else. WoW>->Interface>->Addons

Deleted

Unpack them with winrar (or whatever you have) and put them into the World of Warcraft > Interface > Addons folder. (you put the folder of which you unpacked in here)

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta
    Unpack them with winrar (or whatever you have) and put them into the World of Warcraft > Interface > Addons folder. (you put the folder of which you unpacked in here)
    or you can just extract them right into that folder so you don't have to go through the moving part (for larger addons like Questhelper this can take a bit of time, not much but if you are doing many addons it adds up)

You see, because of the way WoW was installed on this computer (the 'non-default way'), everything is there, but the folders are in different places. I simply have no idea where to put the addons (I've already tried traditional methods).

=/

If you are a Windows user, you can use the "Search" option (windos 98-XP) or open "My computer" and search there (on Vista).

If you are a Macintosh user you can search your computer right next to the clock.

What you wanna search for is "Interface", open the interface map click AddOns and drag the files there.

Hope this Helped

Quote Originally Posted by Swarlêy,
    If you are a Windows user, you can use the "Search" option (windos 98-XP) or open "My computer" and search there (on Vista).

If you are a Macintosh user you can search your computer right next to the clock.

What you wanna search for is "Interface", open the interface map click AddOns and drag the files there.

Hope this Helped
    I have no interface folder.

Run a WoW repair and you'll have one.
    - Trim

Have you run WoW yet and actually played a character since you installed, or are you trying to install addons before running the game? Cause it should automatically make an Interface folder for all the standard Blizzard UI interfaces. If that still isn't showing, yeah, try repairing the install, or doing a fresh one, cause that's not supposed to happen.

With a fresh install, the interface folder usually isn't there until the game makes it when you log into a character.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

If you mean "non-default" as in "I put WoW in a folder other than C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft", the Interface folder will be inside your WoW folder, with the Addons folder inside of Interface.

If you mean "non-default" as in "I use Vista/7 and installed WoW to C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft, and I have no idea where the Interface folder is", it's actually in your Users folder - at this path: C:\Users\Public\Games\World Of Warcraft\Interface